Looking for some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your plants look healthy

not knowing your genetics and never grown them , I have no idea on the potential yield

it would be disappointing if my outdoor plants didn’t yield 1-2 lbs a plant

but then again , I am in the ground

not saying it isn’t possible , but I think you need big containers for big yields , 25 gal is small in my opinion………..it depends heavily on the genetics

wishing you all the best on your harvest

what herbicides , pesticides , fungicides if any are you using to fight bad outdoor insects?

Hey I found your post thanks to big 😊. Your plants look healthy. I grew outside for the first time last year in 25 gallon pots. They were not root bound or anything at the end and I got around 1 lb not 2 for sure from each plant. This year, I put 2 of my outdoor plants directly in the ground to see if maybe I can grow a bigger plant. Maybe not as big as bigsur grows but maybe bigger than my potted plants last year. I also have 2 in 25 gallon pots kinda like yours only cloth. They have been outside now for 3-4 weeks I dropped a picture below. I will keep up with your thread now that I found it. Good luck with your grow ✌️

IMG_8162.jpeg
IMG_8163.jpeg

imho how big a plant gets and how much it yields depends mostly on genetics

the rest is location , nutrients , etc

so if a grower knows their genetics and the location and has a plan , some outdoor plants can yield over 5 pounds , easy

good luck on controlling the spider mites , the scourge of ganja farmers

not mine but you get the idea

07F4FBF1-7724-4F95-82E2-276786A3064D.jpeg

48DC7C1E-1CAF-4555-A7BF-28F791404075.jpeg

Thanks! Problem I've read is that clones don't have a tap root. Some believe that affects yield some don't. IMO 25 gal pots are big enough for my short outdoor season but who knows... anyway, i battled my first wave of spider mites 3 days ago with 1 part 91% isopropyl and 4 parts water. Gonna spray them in the morning every other day for the next week. First treatment significantly reduced them. After the next few, should be all gone. Other than that, I'm not really using anything.
Noooo, not spider mites! I had them in a controlled, more or less, environment. I sprayed every day, plants, floor, walls, etc. Never got them all. If I skipped 2 days they would be everywhere again. I ended up giving away all the bud I harvested to non growers. I was afraid to open the jars they were in : )

Awesome! What type of nutrients and what is your feeding schedule for them? They look healthy! We will be in touch 👍
I use basic GH trio now. Last year I used FF trio. I don’t expect my potted plants to get much bigger but I did learn some lessons from last year to help me with insects and bud rot which two of my plants had to be culled due to bud rot.
IMG_1346.jpeg

This is a picture of my Gorilla Glue plant and about as tall as she got which was plenty tall for me.
those spider mites you have are the devil and @CrashMagnet is our local spider mite expert. Getting rid of them is a sombitch good luck to you.

😳 Wow. Where would you recommend getting some really good genetic high yield strain seeds from? And any certain type of strain you recommend for outdoor?

if you can find them , Tom Hill strains , Deep Chunk , Pine Tar Kush

Blue Dream , White Widow , Sour Diesel are good yielders

do a search on the internet and get some more ideas

I have had good luck with Durban Poison , C99 , and some blueberry hybrids

EFB278B8-6060-41A1-9190-CE7718BB8324.jpeg

CCBD6CAB-6769-48E6-8A05-5524B8BCDF08.jpeg

DC1B184B-8FEB-4373-BC9C-92E3D97ABCA7.jpeg

Thanks! Problem I've read is that clones don't have a tap root. Some believe that affects yield some don't. IMO 25 gal pots are big enough for my short outdoor season but who knows... anyway, i battled my first wave of spider mites 3 days ago with 1 part 91% isopropyl and 4 parts water. Gonna spray them in the morning every other day for the next week. First treatment significantly reduced them. After the next few, should be all gone. Other than that, I'm not really using anything.
About 75% of my grows are clones. Nothing wrong with a clone. If you grow from seeds the roots develop quicker but in the end I can't tell much difference. Maybe 10% bigger plant from seed.

Latest posts

Back