Loryder #2 lighting opinions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyferter

Reaction score
Yo guys! Just got my Lowryder #2 seeds and was wondering what people thought about something. Since these plants do not have a veg period, should I skip the MH light (usually used for veg) and skip right to the HPS (usually used for flowering) and use it all the way through to harvest? Maybe I should use a combination of the two? Basically my question is WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BEST LIGHTING OPTION IS FOR LOWRYDER #2'S THROUGHOUT THEIR LIFE CYCLE?

If I were growing them exclusively, I would use smaller HPS to provide perfect coverage over the small plants. The lights could be kept closer and you would have less heat.

HPS are perfect for lowryders.

I have some pictures in my journal of LR2s grown with T-5 fluorescents only. The link is in my signature...

Thanks for your replies guys... really a big help. I like to here from other people about their experiences with this plant. I will have to consider using many smaller lights instead... Do you think that I can replace a 1000 watt HPS with two 400 watt HPS's?

tobyferter said:
Thanks for your replies guys... really a big help. I like to here from other people about their experiences with this plant. I will have to consider using many smaller lights instead... Do you think that I can replace a 1000 watt HPS with two 400 watt HPS's?

For plants that grow only as tall as lowryder, I would use even smaller than that.

250 watt HPS don't cost much and they would give you awesome light at a much closer distance. The true lumen coverage would be very even that way. Just do the math on the lumens needed.

HEY THERE ! i see you are growing some LOW RYDER's . check out a grower on here " Brouli " . he has grown this and had great results . im sure you can search for his grow and reading it will help you . start to finish . he has even managed to breed his own seeds . i hope this helps you . if you can not find his grow , i will see if he can stop in and/or i will link it to you . Good luck with things ! PEACE:D

Thanks dude... I have went over brouli's forum posts rigorously many times and I have been corrasponding with him already. He definetly has much to offer in the world of Lowryder's. I'm sure that I will be using him as a source of information more and more as my grow continues. Another person that deserves much respect is THCskunk.

Sounds like you are on your way then man !

oh and Brouli , if you are lookin at this , sorry for pimpin you out like that man .i hope you do not mind . but you do know your stuff ! LOL

PEACE:D

I am pretty sure I am gonna with lowryder 2 for a closet operation. 250 watt hps would be good for say 6-10 plants?
I am gonna have to really figure out how to make some seeds. Brouli thread will help me with this.
Now I have to really consder going hydro with them, because I read you can get higher yields this way.

Latest posts

Back