Lost a Friend This weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
One of my friends at work, and one of the world's really nice people, had a massive heart attack Saturday. He has no brain activity. His wife is taking him off life support tomorrow. He was only 51 with 2 college-aged children. I am so bummed.

Cut down on the red meat and pork, quit smoking tobacco cigarettes, and join me on the jogging track tomorrow.

I am so sorry. It is hard to lose a friend, especially when he is so young.

I quit smoking cigarettes 9 years ago, I am an active gardener, do yoga twice a week and pilates twice a week. I walk the dogs twice daily. Heart disease claims most of the people in my family.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am so sorry. It is hard to lose a friend, especially when he is so young.

I quit smoking cigarettes 9 years ago, I am an active gardener, do yoga twice a week and pilates twice a week. I walk the dogs twice daily. Heart disease claims most of the people in my family.

I quit tobacco 4.5 years ago. It was very hard. But it was so worth it.

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. His family needs all the support they can get.

Great spirit be told only takes great folks for reason. Its hard on us to trys and understands why but in time we do. Sorry to hear yur loss and wish it wasnt as painfull as it is.

BWD

That is so hard, i am so sorry for his family and having to make that tough decision. I am glad he was a great guy and has friends that really care, like you, it will help his family.

Again, my condolences.

Our hearts go out to you and all families and loved ones involved.

Well, my friend died today 4 minutes after the respirator was shut down. I got to see him for a few minutes about 30 minutes before he died. That was unreal.

But there was no sense in keeping him alive as a vegetable. He was an organ donor, and I know he would have wanted things this way so some unfortunate kid near death could have a new kidney. He was quite a person.

I am very sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Keep your chin up and God Bless you for being there for him/his family.

I'm so sorry about your buddy, Jim.

I think it's awesome he was an organ donor. He lives on. :)

SmokinMom said:
I'm so sorry about your buddy, Jim.

I think it's awesome he was an organ donor. He lives on. :)

Thank you SM...yes, he does live on.

Just FYI...It may one day save your life (or the life of someone you love).

My friend woke up early Saturday morning feeling very sick, with chest pains...He woke his wife up and told her he felt very sick...She went to the bathroom, and came back to find him gurgling and writhing in pain on the floor...In the midst of a massive heart attack...She didn't know what to do...She called 911, but didn't know how to administer CPR...His heart stopped beating for 5 minutes before paramedics arrived...And most all his brain cells died due to lack of oxygen.

The paramedics were able to restart his heart beating, but it was too late to save his brain from mostly dying.

His wife is in the midst of severe depression and blaming herself for not knowing how to give CPR to keep his system giving an adequate oxygen supply to his brain...

So...

1. Know CPR.

AND

2. Take an adult (325 mg) non-coated aspirin every morning (to keep blood from clotting in the heart's arteries).

Latest posts

Back