Lost Forum Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samarta

Reaction score
Just registered and will introduce myself later. Bought some +Life from Hydroponic research because I had good success with their veg+bloom nutes. has anyone tried and have any results yet. It is new so I may even be one of the first.:icon_smile:

If you have run a full cycle with their nutes, then they have been out for a while and should be available a lot of places. I do not know of anyone here who runs them. Is the name of the company Hydroponic Research and the products called +Life?

Okay, found the product quite easily. This really looks like more of a veg formula than something I'd want to use for flowering, as it is 8-5-13. It just seems that there is too much N and K and not enough P for good flowering and bud development. I have a hard time believing that that 1 nutrient will work for both veg and flowering as the nutrient needs of the plants are entirely different during the different phases of growing. Too much N will retard budding. The plant also likes quite a bit higher does of P during flowering.

Thanks! the veg+bloom did really well, it is the +Life that came out and I found out it is NOT for DWC. They also put out a +Size for the bloom phase that I will try this time around. Kinda new to this and liked the simplicity of one nute. I have also seen allot of burn with others. I know that has to do with dosage but it sure seems to be easy to get wrong when experienced growers are burning plants. What do you use on flowering stage Goddess?:ciao:

LOL--these products are recommended for hydro, including DWC. You might want to look at the N-P-K numbers of other products to give you an idea of what vegging formulas should have and what flowering formulas should have. I have found very very few 1 part products that I can use with having to add something else. I have never seen product that you can use for both vegging and flowering that produces great results. The bottom line is simply that the plants have different nutrient needs during veg than they have during flowering and what works in veg has too much of some things and not enough of others for good bud development.

I use General Hydroponic products. For hydro grown, mostly DWC, I use the Flora Nova Grow for vegging and I use 2 parts of the Flora series (different than the Nova line), the Micro and Bloom for flowering. I use the Lucas system which is a 1-2 ratio of micro and bloom. I use the General Organic products for organic soil grows.

Different strains can and will demand different strengths of nutrients. Most experienced growers push their nutes until they get a little nute burn and then dial it back a bit. I don't actually think that overfeeding is a major problem for most people and I really don't see that many experienced growers who burn their plants from too much food, other than the occasional brown tips.

Great info and you are correct that the burn does not ever seem to be extreme. It also makes allot of sense to push a little and then dial back because of different strains needing different tweaking.

I used Veg+Bloom for my last 5-6 grows, with excellent results, it really seems to be dialed down well, my plants were happy and very healthy from start to finish, i actually just picked up some of their Veg+Bloom Dirty line, for Soil and Soiless mediums, gonna run it in coco and see how it does, unfortunately i havent tried the +Life or +Size, but i have some samples that im gonna run this grow so i'll keep you posted if you like.

I would definitely suggest Veg+Bloom for a simple and very decent nute program, i got better results with it than alot of different 2-3 part nutes.

Thanks Iron Emmett, I feel I had great results too, however not enough experience to have anything as a comparison. Two plants completely filled my reservoir. The +Life is for "Dirty". HR said it has some vitamin and amino acid benefit but the beneficial bacteria would not work in constantly bubbling solution. + Size good for both.

Latest posts

Back