lots of goodies, need help with a super soil recipe please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

You might remember me as the guy who always bitched about not being about to get anything where I live. Welllll, I'm sure that everyone got sick of hearing it because my GF certainly did.

She took a trip to the states, bringing just a carry on, and came back with a 70+lb suitcase filled with goodies... best second xmas ever haha

Anyways, they are mostly Down to Earth fertilizers and I would like to formulate a super soil style mix that I can use to keep the plants fed thorughout their life.

Heres what I got:

-DtE(Down to Earth) All Purpose (4-6-2)

-DtE Bio-Live (5-4-2)

-DtE AZOMITE granular

-DtE Alfalfa Meal (2.5-1-1)

-DtE Fish Bone Meal (3-16-0)

-DtE Seabird Guano (1-10-0)

I think thats all the DtE stuff...

I also have

Peruvian Seabird Guano which is like 10-10-2 ish

A product called rare earth I think, which is silicate...

and I should have access to worm castings and good compost...

SOOOO what do you guys think? I need help with a veg and flower mixture. I have no experience with these products or with making super style soil. All help is appreciated.

Thanks

sMACk

Nice haul you got there, you should be able to m a key a great soil.

haha yea Iron... its overwhelming! I don't know where to start....

I've been using Fox Farms Happy Frog powered fertilizer, tomato + veg for veggin and fruit + flower for flowering (duh! :D). THey have been great, but I'm almost out and ready to step up my fert game...

sMACk

I used Nouvelle Chefs recipe with added compost. I can never find it. I dont know why it isn't stickied here in the organic soil threads. There are great soil recipes here sMac. I will look for it.

Thanks again Rose...

I've looked through a lot of the recipes, they are all pretty specifc and I'm not sure waht I can substitute of what I have for whats in the recipes... did that make sense?

ANyways, If I start working something out, ill throw it up here to get some opinions...

sMACk

I use NC's Mix as well, it is absolutely amazing stuff.

This link which im sure you have browsed already http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54251 has multiple soil mixes im am sure you can find one to use as a base for your custom soil.

Also, i read that you dont have a hydro store nearby for anything, have you tried a farm supply/feed store, thats where i buy all my soil amendments, just a suggestion.

Good luck man!

Thanks for all the input guys. I have made 2 soil mix recipes. One for the first container they are transplanted into for veg, a 2gallon, and then one for the flowering container, a 5gal. Let me know what you guys think.

sMACk

2 Gallon Container Veg Soil Mix (~1/3 cf for fabric pot and 1/4 cf for sq pot I think…)
less than 1/4 - 1/3 cf * * * * *Pro-mix
.5 - .667 oz * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Azomite
3 - 4 teaspoons * * * * * * * * Bio-Live
5 - 6 teaspoons * * * * * * * * Alfalfa Meal
8 - 9.5 teaspoons * * * * * * * * * * * Lime
3 oz * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Rare Earth Silicate

5 Gallon Container Flower Soil Mix (.83 or 10/12 cf -fabric pot and round pot are within .05 cf in size)
less than 10/12 cf * * * * * * *Pro-mix
3.32 oz * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Azomite
3.32 oz * * * * * * * * * * * * All Purpose
3.32 oz * * * * * * * * * * * * Fish Bone Meal
5 Tbsp * * * * * * * * * * * * *Alfalfa Meal
8.5 oz * * * * * * * * *Rare Earth Silicate
6 tablespoons * * * * * Lime

Amendments

Seabird Guano (8-9-2)- For End of Vegging
* * * * Top dress: 2 to 3 weeks before transplanting, 4 Tbsp.

Seabird Guano (1-10-0)- For Flowering
* * * * Top dress: *After 3 or 4 weeks outside, 1/2 cup.

Ful-Power Humic Acid -
* * * * When watering mix 10 - 30 mL / gal

Latest posts

Back