Lots of seeds after 4 weeks in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruinfn4lf

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m fairly new here and need some advice on how to proceed. It’s my second year growing outside in pots and I currently have 2 large plants which were started from seeds in May and one smaller plant which was a clone I received in July. I took off some sections of buds from each of the large plants and they are full of seeds. My germinated seeds did produce 2 male plants which were disposed of well before any pollen erupted, I’m assuming some other neighbourhood growers were not as diligent. They are otherwise healthy, apart some WPM on one plant and a couple of small sections of bud rot on same plant, which I have cut out and disposed of.
Should I stop wasting my time and nutrients on these large plant with seedy buds and concentrate on the smaller plant which has just started flower the last couple of days?
Or should I feed the seedy plants as usual and hope for the best come harvest time- maybe some buds will be okay and seedless?

Attachments

• 0144ED5D-2939-491D-A975-1B66FE074DF3.jpeg
    0144ED5D-2939-491D-A975-1B66FE074DF3.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 21
  • BF47A77C-C10C-4414-A155-D5034102F726.jpeg
    BF47A77C-C10C-4414-A155-D5034102F726.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 21
  • BE445B92-756D-411C-A6C2-2C930B336B00.jpeg
    BE445B92-756D-411C-A6C2-2C930B336B00.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 53D8140D-DD44-4FE9-9492-9B46F3B5377D.jpeg
    53D8140D-DD44-4FE9-9492-9B46F3B5377D.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 19
Keep on feeding them as normal

when we bought a lid back in the 60’s , if it didn’t have seeds and stems we were highly suspicious if it was even weed

and we smoked that weed and got high as fV ck...

if you do not like to mess with the seeds , make hash or BHO

what are the flavors of your plants , maybe I want to trade some seeds with you?

Keep on feeding them as normal

when we bought a lid back in the 60’s , if it didn’t have seeds and stems we were highly suspicious if it was even weed

and we smoked that weed and got high as fV ck...

if you do not like to mess with the seeds , make hash or BHO

what are the flavors of your plants , maybe I want to trade some seeds with you?

Not sure on the flavours, one may be a Bubba Kush. I had a legit Bubba Kush seed and dropped it in a beige/brown carpet, camouflage for a weed seed. I felt around for the seed and found 4 others, so no idea what I’m growing. That may be part of the issue. Would bad genetics account for seediness or just rogue pollen?

Not sure on the flavours, one may be a Bubba Kush. I had a legit Bubba Kush seed and dropped it in a beige/brown carpet, camouflage for a weed seed. I felt around for the seed and found 4 others, so no idea what I’m growing. That may be part of the issue. Would bad genetics account for seediness or just rogue pollen?

you have some pollen sacks somewhere , maybe way behind a bud , deep within the foliage of the bodacious wonder of nature

Seeds require pollen, no matter the genetics.

Bubba
That’s what I thought also. A friend who only grows from clones and indoors suggested the genetics angle.
I should post to my community bulletin board app a PSA on how to identify male cannabis plants with instructions on how to dispose of them safely. It would make a change from “someone stole my bike“ and “dog owners are leaving their dog turds on my lawn“ posts.
I’m still not sure if wasting my time and money on giving these 2 plants nutes is what I want to do.
Hoping my remaining non impregnated plant will remain that way.

Latest posts

Back