love the site!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
well i have been an avid smoker for years, but my version of growing is sticking a seed in a pot and sitting it in the window and see what happens.

guess you already know that dont work to well. i only have one little fellow going now from a bag seed of some missouri dirt weed so we will see how it goes.

its been in my window for about two months freezing its poody hairs off and grew a whooping two inches i think. :) a friend of mine had an eguana (spelling) and it died so she asked if i wanted the heat lamps and what not that were used to keep it warm and give it the uv rays it needs.

so i popped the plant in the closet, put a 250w heat lamp in the top light fixture and the uv light right about it and it DOUBLED in size in two days. so of course i was amazed and got to looking here on the net for some pointers and ran across this site, this little peice of heaven....lol.:)

so i have been reading and studying and have upgraded the light system and moved the plant to a more remote location. its in a small upstairs closet and has 2 20w CFL, and 4 26w CFL, and one 24" floresent plant and aquirium bulb. the 250w heat lamp was eliminated cause from what i read on here it wasnt doing anything but making it hot in there. :)

i roughly figured it to be around 9500 lumens or so and the temp is about 80 degrees in there give or take. i have just one fan in there now and leave the door cracked so that air can excape.

so is this too much light on it for just one plant? oh and we have the entire inside of the closet lined in reflective foil to aid in the light dispersment.

and the plant is honestly like three months old and is now about 8 1/2 inches tall, 6 of those inches have been achieved in the past two weeks since it was transplanted to new soil ( miricle grow potting mix 21-07-14) and put into the closet. i think within the next week or so i should be able to determine what sex it is. but its doing very well compaired to where it was.

how long should i let it go before attempting to enter it to flowering stages? its been getting at least a 16 hour cycle of light a day if not more, but from what i understand now its not going to hurt it to leave it run on all the time until its ready to flower.

Welcome, glad to hear you found us and it sounds like you are doing fine...hopefully they are big enough to handle that hot soil. I don't use MG so I wouldn't know...definately don't give them anything but water.

you should go back and read the rules of this site though...no discussion of growing for profit whatsoever.;)

Elephant Man said:
Welcome, glad to hear you found us and it sounds like you are doing fine...hopefully they are big enough to handle that hot soil. I don't use MG so I wouldn't know...definately don't give them anything but water.

you should go back and read the rules of this site though...no discussion of growing for profit whatsoever.;)

top post was edited;)

yeah i have been reading that MG isnt a favorite around here, and as of yesterday i didnt know a thing about growing anything, but one all nighter and tons of reading i think i have a general idea of whats going on.

i had like 6 good little seedling plants going all sitting in the window, buddy of mine pushed me to get some MG plant food (8-7-6) and i managed to kill off all but the one thats going now. why did it survive?? cause it was the runt of the litter and got ignored more then anything, and since i also performed the other newbie mistake of over-watering them they all just fell over and died, except the one i was neglecting cause it didnt appear to be as strong as the rest. but little did i know that my neglevtive state is the only thing that allowed that one to survive.

i have another question about my ventilation. since its in a clostet i know its starving to get c02, could i just leave the door open on the closet during veg stages to allow plenty of c02 until i figure out a good ventaltion system? its in a upstairs room that is empty so nobody ever goes in there. i talked with my brother last night and i think we are just gonna throw together a little grow cabnet for them and put them out in the garage cause it will be easier to access fresh air for the plants more un-knoticed then hoses running in and out of a closet.

ok after the dust has settled from the x-mas shopping i have a few extra dollars to invest in "project closet buds" so i know for sure today i am getting a timer for the lights to prepare for flowering stages. anything else i should pick up now while its in its veg state??
we have a old harware store here in town, the old mom and pops stores that are far a thing of the past, and have dust covering most of the things on the shelfs. :) but i did notice they had a extensive lighting section that i browsed thru yesterday but it was before i did all my reading last night, so i am headed back today to snoop thru the bulbs and see what they have hiding on the shelves.

also an inspection of the plant this morning and i knoticed that the top leaves are very dark green compaired to the bottom leave and the ends have currled up ever so slightly, what does this indicate? do i have them too close to the lights maybe?? i moved them down a little just in case until i find out from you guys for sure. i measured and the top of the plant was about only 3in away from the lowest CFL and i moved them down so now there is about 7 inches between them.
i have already been informed that one of my x-mas presents is gonna be a digital camera since my old one broke about a month ago so i will start a grow topic here shortly so you can see the plants and the grow room first hand.

Sounds like a great plan man. Yes you can just leave the door open for now but in the future your gonna need better venilation. Leaves curled up sounds like heat stress. Might wanna pull your lights up a bit.

yes i took the plants down just a little and re-vamped some lighting and all the leafs are sagging down like they are in a more relaxed state now. i think it will be ok, the plat has already had a very rough life so its a tough girl, maybe a little tomboyish even, but i like em like that....lol. little rough around the edges never hurt anyone right?.....:D

i should have the digital back up and running in the next couple days so i can get some pics up so its not just everyone imagining what i have going on but being able to see it first hand.

i am actually gonna go clean cause i have a good job opertunity coming up that i have to pass a test to get in the door, from there on out as long as i dont get seriously injoured then there wont be anymore tests. i know i could do this and that to get clean but it aint gonna kill me to stretch a 30 or 45 day cycle with no smoke. i just think of all that nice bud i will have waiting on me that my girl is working up for me.

i am still just a hair shy on my lumens i think but she really responds well to any change in atmosphere so once we get to flower stage hopefully we will have all the lighting bugs worked out.

Sounds like a plan buddy...your period of not smoking is gonna really bring your tolerance level down too...gonna be that much more special if you ever decide to smoke again:) . Thanks for editing your post and not taking it 'personal like'. Pics will be great when you can get them up.

Nice Conquest, I have a Supra and an STI;) .

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6840

Latest posts

Back