Low odor CDB strains?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterP

Reaction score
Hi,

In a recently legal location and planning an outdoor grow this season. I intend to mostly plant high CBD strains outdoors.
Despite the legality there’s still rules about ‘nuisance odor’ so looking for which CBD strains produce the least smell?

Have plenty of experience with regular grows (and the smell) but not with CBD strains.
Interested in ACDC for its particular effects but can’t find solid info on its smell level.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello PeterP and welcome aboard.

I did a quick search on AC/DC strain and it’s aromas. Here is what one autho said:

ACDC Strain Flavor & Aroma
ACDC is richest in the terpenes Myrcene, Pinene, and Caryophyllene, which are known as more calming than other common terpenes in cannabis. The relaxation promoted by these terpenes can further benefit the effects of CBD from this strain.

The terpenoid content produces a sweet earthy aroma with hints of lemongrass. The flavor of ACDC is similar to the aroma, although the burning buds can promote more cherry and lemongrass aroma than fresh bud.

Since ACDC is mostly used for extracts to get the most out of the CBD content, the flavor and aroma aren’t typically a selling point like they can be for recreational cannabis strains that produce a high along with the smell and taste.

From the description , it does not sound like the aromas will be very strong.

cheers
big

Thank you for the info.
I have done online reviews of CBD strains and smells, but having someone with actual experience of these is helpful.
Will report back after it flowers in a few months.

Thank you for the info.
I have done online reviews of CBD strains and smells, but having someone with actual experience of these is helpful.
Will report back after it flowers in a few months.

I will ask around and see if anyone with experience can chime in.

looking forward to your report

It's great that you are planning to grow CBD strains in a legal location! It's understandable that you are concerned about the odor, as it can be a potential issue in some cases.
When it comes to low odor CBD strains, it's hard to give a definite answer as odor can vary depending on the growing conditions, but some strains that are known to have a low odor are: Charlotte's Web, Harlequin, and Sour Tsunami.
ACDC is a high-CBD strain, but I couldn't find much information about it's odor level. It's always a good idea to research different strains and talk to other growers to get more information.

Also, you might want to check out this link Best CBD Oil for Dogs 2023: Top 10 Brands to Buy - Orlando Magazine for more information on CBD oil for dogs.
Keep in mind that the best way to know for sure if a strain has a low odor or not is to grow it yourself and observe it.

Last edited:
1675274597306.png

@PeterP and @SamuelWatson

Latest posts

Back