Low progress between week 6 and 7?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chen

Reaction score
My plants have been flowering pretty fast so far.

But the last week, not much has happened.

y3BRdSi.jpg

hWorsO7.jpg

The buds on some of the plants are still airy..

Did I do something wrong?

The plants look healthy. I don't think that you have necessarily done anything wrong. Sometimes the plants just seem to slow up their growth. The plants look very sativa--you probably have 3-4 more weeks to go. I believe that the airy buds will probably bulk up in that time.

Hi Chen you will probably notice much improvement @ about week 10, and i agree with The Hemp Goddess that they are sativas.
Daftpunk

All of the plants that I have grown have gone through a slow period during flower. Its like the plants reach the end of the 3rd quarter and take a break for a few before the final push at the end when you go in and say "man those buds have fattened up in the last few days".
Sorry for the football analogy :) take another look at your comparison pics and you will notice a slight "fattening" of the buds.

They're actually a sativa/indica mix. I usually give them 9 weeks.

It's just that they usually fatten up a bud and then enlarge it.

This would be enlarging the bud and then fattening it up.

If at all. They might just stay airy :(

seeing some leaf clawing there, and signs of a calmag/mg issue. are you in coco?

could be too much PK and the P is locking the calmag/mg?

seeing some leaf clawing there, and signs of a calmag/mg issue. are you in coco?

could be too much PK and the P is locking the calmag/mg?

I have noticed a bit of clawing here and there but that's been the case since veg.

I've been adding Monster Bloom like I did last time.

You think they're not getting enough cal/mag? I never know when to add it..

Magnesium deficiency causes the lower leaves to turn yellow; no sign here.

Calcium deficiency causes little brown spots on the leave; no sign either.

In fact, I was considering using soft R/O water next watering.. if there's not enough cal/mag maybe I shouldn't?

I have noticed a bit of clawing here and there but that's been the case since veg.

I've been adding Monster Bloom like I did last time.

You think they're not getting enough cal/mag? I never know when to add it..

Magnesium deficiency causes the lower leaves to turn yellow; no sign here.

Calcium deficiency causes little brown spots on the leave; no sign either.

In fact, I was considering using soft R/O water next watering.. if there's not enough cal/mag maybe I shouldn't?

your levels on calmag arent far off, hence no hard signs.

im seeing that healthy looking light greenish yellow, instead of a deeper green green, yes you are running a sativa hybrid, which also can tend to eat more.

another thing to check is your runoff and media PH, look at what kinda ph curve the plants are eating from, are you locking nutes out that way?

what media are you in?

please only address only one variable at a time for a week at a time to watch for changes too.

whats your canopy temps? this could also be affecting the plants

They may be hybrids, but from the look of the leaves and structure the plant, we can tell this a sativa dominant plant--look like they should be taking longer than 9 weeks. What do the trichs look like at 9 weeks?

Clawing is often a pH problem.

Do you havve softened water or RO water? They are not even close to being the same thing. Softened water can kill your plants.

Are these clones of a plant you have run before or are they beans from a pack you have run before? I ask because how far they lean towards Sativa or Indica can differ greatly from bean to bean in a pack of Hybrid strains. These look very Sativa leaning and should take longer than 9 weeks imo. Some Sativa's never really fatten up bud wise but still put out quality buds. Just not quality weight. Plants look healthy and I don't see any real signs of deficiency.

Back off the N and hit them with p & k.

Calmag was not the problem that caused "the claw".

Use calmag during transition from veg to flower.

Give them time and hit them with more PAR if you can

The more light you can give them during flowering the better. It will help pack on weight.

I use hard water for soil plants because it's always worked out well for me. I also don't know how much Cal/Mag to add to R/O water, so until I figure that out my R/O filter is going to go unused. But R/O is obviously better once you figure it out, right?

I don't check run-off with soil. What should I look for if I do?

The trichomes are partially amber at 9 weeks, which is generally the way I like it. I've only gone past 9 weeks once and didn't see an improvement.. maybe I should try it again?

The plants are getting 600w from about 20cm away. I've got them in a vertical ScrOG with 7 plants huddled around each bulb. I keep temps between 27C and 32C right at the canopy (which is all the same distance from the light).

They are all clones. White Widow x Big Bud. In terms of genetics, they're 4th generation clones from feminised seeds so not too great. I've already got an order in for some regular seeds. Hopefully I'll be able to clone them for longer.

I use Dutch Pro Bloom + Multi-Total. I used to use their Explode nutrient as well but since I already had some Monster Bloom I figured I'd use it instead since it's the same PK boost, AFAIK. Maybe I'll just use more of it.

5 or 6 ml per gallon should be a good place to start with the calmag...... I've got hard water where I'm at....... so it has plenty of calcium........ I only add Epsom salt to my water in the place of calmag........ my water is about 190 ppm out the spout.

5 or 6 ml per gallon should be a good place to start with the calmag...... I've got hard water where I'm at....... so it has plenty of calcium........ I only add Epsom salt to my water in the place of calmag........ my water is about 190 ppm out the spout.

Hey, how do you measure the cal/mag in the water in order to know how much to add?

EDIT: Some people are saying to use 1ml per Liter for R/O water. That makes sense, considering all R/O is basically the same, where as tap water varies widely.

EDIT 2: Cal/Mag seems to be pretty expensive.. and all because I want to use R/O which I don't even know the benefits of. Maybe I should just use R/O without any cal/mag and see what happens..?

Hey, how do you measure the cal/mag in the water in order to know how much to add?

EDIT: Some people are saying to use 1ml per Liter for R/O water. That makes sense, considering all R/O is basically the same, where as tap water varies widely.

EDIT 2: Cal/Mag seems to be pretty expensive.. and all because I want to use R/O which I don't even know the benefits of. Maybe I should just use R/O without any cal/mag and see what happens..?

deficiencies will happen as you are giving the plant very lil to live off of from the water. but give it a go, at least you will have eliminated all varibles and can start guessing at square one

Latest posts

Back