low stress question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
what are some of the factors that cause stress on a plant? i know you cant interrupt a light cycle. anything else?

over watering, high temps, lights to close... just to name a few

disease, bugs, over fertilizing, taking cuttings, humidity... basically everything =)

i have an indoor hydro setup. i dont have to worry about any of that. and flo's. so i can put the light closer. im sorry fellas, i should have mentioned that. so all i really have to worry about is over nut., and light leaks?

and everything i said. Bugs can show inside... unless u never leave your growroom... ever.. light is the bad one... unless the plants are very unhealthy... pretty hard to mess that up w/ hydro tho.

pufindo said:
i have an indoor hydro setup. i dont have to worry about any of that. and flo's. so i can put the light closer. im sorry fellas, i should have mentioned that. so all i really have to worry about is over nut., and light leaks?

actually, yeah you do. A pump failure could cause overwatering to happen immediatly. It could also cause an underwatering situation depending on what type of hydro system you use.

Root rot brings on pathogens that can affect the plant long term. Once a plant has had pythium it and its clones are more susceptible to it in the future.

Overhandling can cause stress. Over crowding can as well.

being in hydro, your humidity will have to be in check. High Rh in flower can bring on mold.

There are only a few pest that being in hydro allieviates, all others (like the dredded spider mite) dont care how the plant is grown.

i have a bubble system with 8 airstones. 2 of them delivering bursts of oxygen 4 times an hour. the resivor is 2 ft x 3ft with 4 plants. the strain is a tamed sativa cinnamon bud. they are supposed to be feminized, so do i not have to worry about stress as much???

Ur worrying more then u need to... as long as you are growing properly in a clean grow area... using proper mixes of nutes you will be fine... My pump always pumps... never shuts off... as long as the water is full of oxygen root rot won't happen. Unless completely submerged.

i prolly am worring too much. its just that ive been trying to grow bagseed for almost a year and never got a female! a hermie at best! so i ordered some fem seeds from the doc. i just dont wanna screw this one up! these seeds cost money... anyway thanx 4 da advise dood!

Latest posts

Back