Low stress training and cropping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENTEAMGROW

Reaction score
Ive got 8 clones in veg right now made from the previous crop. If there's anything I've learned so far is that these plants get way too tall and I still dont know squat about pruning:(. I read a little bit about lst and cropping and I think is lst is the way to go for the smallest plants, but still am a novice. What do you guys recommend for the smallest plants? And out of those options, which is going to give you tighter,bigger buds?And when can I start doing it to the plants that have just started veg?

thanks

greenteam

2clones1-1.jpg

i started after about 5 nodes and it seemed to work fine. it is my first time i do think it is probably best to get them in their final pots before you start. makes it easier to transplant.

My donor plants are topped and tied. I even prune the tops off the side shoots to get a really bushy plant. makes for more clones.
I avoid any stress during week 3 and 4 though. Except any "required" tying.
If you really want to keep an even canopy I would try scrog (Screen of green). You put chicken wire over them and tie the plant to the chicken wire. Trim everything underneath the canopy/wire to maximize growth at the top. but I would do it with female clones only. pulling males out of a Scrog would be a PITA. IMHO

oh sorry. In the report "how to get more female ratios from standard seeds" pushes the point that no stress during week 3 and 4 of veg.. Since I have followed that report (to the best of my ability) I have had my female ratios go way up. So I just pass along what works for me.
but in the end when it comes to training you do what you have to.

within a few hours your leaves should return to their "sun suckin' " positions..
..looks fine to me though.

man that must be kind of a ***** to tie down through jiffy pots eh?

- nvm i looked again and i see the white stake now

I second that, pipe cleaners are KEY.. i use them for my LST plants.. the are very easy to work with and they go easy on the plants stem cuz they're fuzzy

forks and twine baby, forks and twine

LOL

can you guys check out my post in the sick plant section, knowone is answering that one

GREENTEAMGROW said:
hows this look?
They look thirsty. Loook on amazon.com for books on cloning and pruning. Reading is the best way to learn; and experiment. :cool:

UncleSativa said:
They look thirsty. Loook on amazon.com for books on cloning and pruning. Reading is the best way to learn; and experiment. :cool:

Id be under the impression that the thread was kid of a dead issue man it was started in "06"

Latest posts

Back