lowered ceiling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So my closet is 5x5 with a 8 foot ceiling. If I put a piece of plywood up as an artificial roof or ceding, would it make it easier to cool.

In other words, if I made it 5x5x6 instead of 5x5x8, would it be easier to exhaust with my 400 com fan?

Thanks,
big

It would help out with air exchange for sure cutting off 50 cu. feet

No, I do not believe that this will help at all. In fact, I think it could have the opposite effect.

:yeahthat: Higher ceiling means room for heat to rise, is my thought.

I have my exhaust fan midway up the wall right by the light. Should I move it to the very top corner? I left it by the light trying to pull the intake air across the light.

Suggestions would be awesome.

I'd think the higher the better, do you have passive intakes along the bottom?

If your intakes are at the bottom and you exhaust opposite from the top then air will flow across the whole grow space, this is best.

Thanks for the replies! I will move the fan the to the top most corner.

Kind of running into another problem with my passive intake.

I bought two 4 inch 90 degree black PVC elbows to suck from the bottom of the door. I did a trial run and they are allowing light to come in.

Any ideas for a passive stealth intake? I raised the door to have an inch below it, but I know this isn't enough! Im running out of ideas to make it stealth! I wouldn't like to cut holes in my closet door!

Thanks,
big

I am confused as to how you can possible use a round fitting to suck air from a gap in the bottom of the door and not let light in. When we use ABS elbows we use 2 together to create a light trap and the fittings connect to ducting or a round hole the appropriate size in the wall or floor. I do not see you being able to work things the way you are talking--the gap is going to allow light in.

Any suggestions? Id like to keep it stealth. All suggestions are welcome

bigweedo said:
Any suggestions? Id like to keep it stealth. All suggestions are welcome

stealth how?

you could hang a cheap door and cut it as you please and put the old one back later, or you can leave the door open and cover the open closet with panda film and cut it as you please, if you need to hide it in a pinch just close the closet door, anyways just what came to mind.

Great idea, sounds like I'll hang the panda film and close the door if needed. Suggestions on what pvc to buy? I could only find 4 inchers at home depot.

Thanks,

Big

Latest posts

Back