LST Method

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
when I tie the branches over I use duct tape to stick the string to the side of the pot. This is great for youngins but when they get big they just rip the tape off and I have to keep re taping and it's getting messy ( and expensive ). I am hoping for a better method. What do you guys use? if screw hooks which kind open ended or nutted. Maybe just drill small holes through the lips of the pots?

I've always just used duct tape, like you mentioned. Instead, however, I would tape the string to (and under) the lip. Folding the tape over and under the lip seems to really strengthen it's hold.

Lips of the pots and garden wire for tying up/down plants.
T4

Maybe just drill small holes through the lips of the pots?

This is how I roll....I like to drill holes around the container about an inch apart as I dont know where the plant will end up..after I get them to the side I wrap them around the top:aok:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

I use thumb tacks to hold the string in place.

sounds good, I will try the tacks and if that don't work I will drill baby drill!

i use bent hangers anchored(pushed) into the soil...works great..once they start to extend past the rim of the pot they're in use zipties and screws...drill screws into the sides of the pot like in the pic with the blue ziptie..safe.easy to remove and limb wont rise....good luck...

i tie a string around the pot near the top, then any branches i wanna tie down i just tie to that string.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dman1234 again.

:48:

I drill holes around the rims of my pots and use pipe cleaners. With the Smart Pots you can't really do that but can put a zip tie around the pot and use that to tie to. jmo

I just poke holes in the top of my smarties... Use a pair of scissors and then hemp line thru the hole. makes it kinda hard to water tho! lol

4u2sm0ke said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dman1234 again.

:48:

I did not receive that when I did it.:D;)

lots of great advice as usual. I just use plastic pots does that me not so smart?

I too use the thumb tack method or I screw holes all the way around the top of the pots and use string or twisty ties that come with my trash bags.

Latest posts

Back