LST Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to try training these two plants. I talked with Stoney Bud and he gave me a lot of information. Here is my synopsis if I am correct, which you just never know what sunk in and what got twisted... did I just admit I'm twisted?!?!?!? :eek:

You want to gently bend the plants to the side to get better lighting to each branch of the plant?

Also, theoretically if the plant is bent then the growth hormone will then go to the branches that are pointed up, thereby giving an opportunity for each of these branches to get as large as the tip would on a plant that is not LST trained?

If this is so...can you train the plant back and forth in order to have many many more branches pointing up?

Please look at these two plants and see if I am doing this correctly. And any more information on LST is highly appreciated.

020707a.jpg

020707b.jpg

Ravishing_68 said:
Ok, I'm going to try training these two plants. I talked with Stoney Bud and he gave me a lot of information. Here is my synopsis if I am correct, which you just never know what sunk in and what got twisted... did I just admit I'm twisted?!?!?!? :eek:

You want to gently bend the plants to the side to get better lighting to each branch of the plant?

Also, theoretically if the plant is bent then the growth hormone will then go to the branches that are pointed up, thereby giving an opportunity for each of these branches to get as large as the tip would on a plant that is not LST trained?

If this is so...can you train the plant back and forth in order to have many many more branches pointing up?

Please look at these two plants and see if I am doing this correctly. And any more information on LST is highly appreciated.

What i'm trying to do is get the plant to follow the outside edge of the pot, you can get them to go back and forth like you are wanting. Only thing to worry about is bending the stem too much. I'll post up a few pics that I have...

2-7-07 (1).JPG

2-7-07 (2).JPG

2-7-07 (3).JPG

2-7-07 (4).JPG

2-7-07 (5).JPG

2-7-07 (6).JPG

2-7-07 (7).JPG

2-7-07 (8).JPG

PICT0049 (Medium).JPG

PICT0052 (Medium).JPG

Once the plants are trained thats it. If you try to bend them back you'll break them. Tieing them down forces the flowering branches to grow up from both sides so there really is no need to do that.

Ravishing_68 said:
Hey Rav, you've got it down!

There is a hormone that marijuana creates for the topmost node on the entire plant. This hormone, makes this node grow bigger, faster, better.

If you slowly bend this top over so that another set of side branching is literally higher than the top bud is, then these two branches will compete for the mostest of the bestest hormone.

One of them usually wins and becomes the next top node. After a couple of weeks, this node will be receiving the maximum dose of this hormone.

You can then start bending this next top node over.

This type of action is simply LST. Low Stress Training.

You can maximize an indoor grow to fill an entire grow space. Corner to corner, side to side, your grow room will fill with available tops for maximized growth/area ratio.

Whewwwwwww, that was good for me. I need a smoke...

Stoney Bud said:
Hey Rav, you've got it down!

There is a hormone that marijuana creates for the topmost node on the entire plant. This hormone, makes this node grow bigger, faster, better.

If you slowly bend this top over so that another set of side branching is literally higher than the top bud is, then these two branches will compete for the mostest of the bestest hormone.

One of them usually wins and becomes the next top node. After a couple of weeks, this node will be receiving the maximum dose of this hormone.

You can then start bending this next top node over.

This type of action is simply LST. Low Stress Training.

You can maximize an indoor grow to fill an entire grow space. Corner to corner, side to side, your grow room will fill with available tops for maximized growth/area ratio.

Whewwwwwww, that was good for me. I need a smoke...

Ok, that is what I thought I was trying to do... fill in the grow space. the back right plant is far surpassing the other two.. here's new pic of them.

021407a.jpg

if its not a problem I'd like to ask a question since we're on topic... Is it a good idea to do LST to mother plants or will that just make rooting cuttings harder becuase they are all "at the top of the plant"?

greenthumb isnt that to early to lst on pic 9 it only has a couple of leves it looks wicked streched maybe get the light closer also the point of lst i though was to have a smaller bushier plant with more bud sites

dltoker not sure but it seems that you really wouldnt want to do it for the fact you are takin clones not trying to get as many bud sites as possible but on the other hand if space is a problem go for it

DLtoker said:
if its not a problem I'd like to ask a question since we're on topic... Is it a good idea to do LST to mother plants or will that just make rooting cuttings harder becuase they are all "at the top of the plant"?
That's exactly why you would do it. It gives you many more places on the plant to harvest for clones. Remember the 30% rule.

I lst my mother and it makes it so much easier for me since space is a slight problem. I find it easier to cut clones this way.

Latest posts

Back