LST Update: A ways to go yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
:) Hi all,
Here's a couple tops from the current crop. Still have at least 4 weeks to go.

DSC01626_lo.jpg

DSC01626_lo2.jpg

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
What kinda crop?It looks nice.

These are the dreaded UBS strain (Unknown bagseed).

Here's a thought:
In spite of the fact that the strain is unknown, it is some particular strain. In other words, it's definitely an 'X' strain and not a 'Y'. The strain is merely unknown. From what I've read, it's difficult if not impossible to tell a strain simply by looking at one example. It sounds like the best that can be guessed is that it's Sativa versus Indica or vice versa or maybe some combination.

Also, from what I've read, the concensus seems to be that bagseed, by it's general nature being a fast-buck cash crop, might be weaker examples of a particular strain? Or maybe just not matured enough, etc. Love to hear the learned ones weigh in on this one. Cheers, all! :D

shadoed said:
These are the dreaded UBS strain (Unknown bagseed).

Here's a thought:
In spite of the fact that the strain is unknown, it is some particular strain. In other words, it's definitely an 'X' strain and not a 'Y'. The strain is merely unknown. From what I've read, it's difficult if not impossible to tell a strain simply by looking at one example. It sounds like the best that can be guessed is that it's Sativa versus Indica or vice versa or maybe some combination.

Also, from what I've read, the concensus seems to be that bagseed, by it's general nature being a fast-buck cash crop, might be weaker examples of a particular strain? Or maybe just not matured enough, etc. Love to hear the learned ones weigh in on this one. Cheers, all! :D

That is true.... to an extent.... I have plants in my flowering room rite now... all cut from the same mother... and I'll tell u rite now... COMPLETELY different looking..... leaves (color, broadness) structure, patterns of growth the works... definately dont look like the same strain at all.
But typically you can tell... I'm assuming in these weird lookin clones the 40 is showing instead of the 60... in the 60/40 sat/ind or whatever.

well I am pretty new to indoor but I have to say that some of the best smoke I have ever smoked was some bagseed I grew in florida outdoor If I remember right the plant was very bushy without to much topping and the buds were almost a bluish green before I chopped her I grew her with chicken guano and dried cow flop It took me and my cousin to pull her out of the ground but man she was potent. So all in all my thoughts are kinda the same as what was mentioned earlier in this post most bagseed is almost always not grown to full maturity and since it is grown in quanity outdoors most of the time it is almost always pollinated or hermi so give a bagseed a chance and you may be suprised

Latest posts

Back