LST Update:Step Away From The Explosive Growth!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
Well, I don't think I was aggressive enough with my training and things kinda got out of hand. :eek:

First pic is 4 weeks ago when they were first put into 12/12 and 2nd pic is now. Waddya think?

DSC01598_lo.jpg

DSC01609_lo.jpg

wow those looka awesome.. i hope mine turn out half as good. do u think u could tell me the exact light bulb your using cus im trying to find one to purchase but have been unsuccesful keep up the great work on those plants

Soccrmn7 said:
wow those looka awesome.. i hope mine turn out half as good. do u think u could tell me the exact light bulb your using cus im trying to find one to purchase but have been unsuccesful keep up the great work on those plants

Hi there Soccrmn7, thanks for the compliments. These were vegged under compact fluorescents (not shown - $9 for a 3-pack at Wally World plus fixtures) then put under the light in the pic. It's a 400W HPS that I got from HTGSupply.com for $99 plus the shipping. Seemed like a good deal when I was seeing other 400W HPS for $250 and up. This one is NOT refurbished, 100% brand new ballast/light/hood. The only thing was the hood seemed a little short (about 14") and pretty flimsy, but it certainly does the job and I can always put a different hood on if I want to later. A good deal and my plants seem to love it! They're currently about 6 feet tall. I'm hoping that's the end of the stretch but God only knows. :D

BTW, the plants in the first pic were about 15" high, since then they've grown to about 72" high - - - almost a 5x increase! :eek:

The rule of thumb I keep hearing is that they can 'potentially double in height', so these must be freaks of nature or something. The light was never more than 12" from the canopy. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they were LST?

Latest posts

Back