Made a super crop mistake please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys hope all’s good
Tried my hand in super cropping did the technique good but didn’t tie down the branch and basically it healed knuckled up and grew vertical again , can I try super cropping again this time I will tie the branch down( it’s been 7 days since it’s healed )

You can it will just slow down the plants grown
Are you pinching the stems before bending? Or are you just bending them to LST low stress train by tying?

Yes am pinching twisting ( the main stem ) and all my mistake was that at the time of doing it I didn’t know I had to tie it down so ofc it undesirably grew vertically straight again instead of branching out :/

I would need more information to answer this properly, but the vertical re-growth is actually a good sign of a healthy, strong plant. It definitely is not a mistake. When you say "tie down," do you mean SCROG?

Some questions:

1) How far along are you in Veg with the "mistake?"
2) What is your average humidity and EC?
3) Growing medium

If you are completely in control of the environment and confident that the plant is free from all stresses, the LST will not slow growth, as suggested. For example, I perform LST every other day on my plants, on the main stem, and on all secondary branches and even fan leaves, and if I do it in the morning it will always bounce back by the afternoon (hydro). I never twist anything and while I am sure there is a logic to both tying and twisting, I don't do either of these. I bend them every other day until they start snapping...then I go "whoops" and then let the plants' energy magically send stress signals to that section, which heal the plant and make it stronger. If you near-break, or break it a little (not completely), it most definitely will not grow back vertically. It would be next to impossible.

Last thing...I ask about the stage of veg bc if you top the suckers way down low, like around week 4-5, and then start FIMMing everywhere you can, you will have a delightful bush that won't even ever hit your SCROG net.

In short, keep bending it. You are stronger than the plant! Believe!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back