Magnesium Deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
So i read through the trouble shooter guide before posting. I have had this strain for a few years now and it has always been the most picky. So what do you think this is mag def?

Captured 2008 11-26 00056.JPG

Captured 2008 11-26 00051.JPG

Captured 2008 11-26 00052.JPG

what is the ph in the containers? are you feeding a full spectrum of nutrients with micronutes? i would make sure the ph is in the zone before i started adding anything.

test the runoff and get back to us.

K the babies wake up in about an hour i will test the run off then and get back to you

So here is a pic of what i have been feeding most of my plants. The sick one has never been able to handle any feeding so have never feed her till about three days ago i gave her a gallon of distilled water with some of the Humix 1/4 strength and it has seemed to help a little. the new growth is not showing the signs. The plant on the left my baby is the only one of a good strain she has been fead the bat guano and Humix since about 3 weeks old, every other watering. started 1/4 strength been gradually increasing her dose. and she has always seemed to love it. I am using Brita filtered water for all my ladies except for the one one the right, bean using distilled for quite some time now. Just started adding the Alaska mor bloom on the lady on the left 1/4 strengh, not sure if it is organic but the only thing i have right now. My Vegg room is under 400wMH. And they are flowering under two 400wHPS. Ok so i cannot give you the ph of the runoff cuz she is not thirsty. but the soil ph is right at 7. and as far as the soil im using Lakeland Natural & Organic potting soil. it has Canadian peat moss, coarse perltie, coir,lime for ph adjustment, and an organic wetting agent. thanks for the help. sorry about the novel im not much for grammer and vocabulary.

Captured 2008-11-26 00001.JPG

lol well i would say that they are getting to much food, the ones that are yellowing i would flush and see how they look in a few days. that guano is some potent stuff, i doubt they are not getting enough food- what yah got there is good stuff. feed with the fish emoulsion after flushing and then go from there.

agian i think the ph is off and they might be getting to much food.

anyone else?

Well like i said i dont see how she could be getting to much food since i have only fead twice in her whole life. once when she was about 3weeks i gave her some guano and she didn't take, and have been feeding distilled water since. And i did flush her real good after that first feeding when she showed signs of burn. and one other time about three days ago with just a quarter strength of that super Humix. I have a PH meter the PH of the soil is right between 6.9-7.0. And also how could the PH be off if i have been feeding her distilled for months now?

So does no one have any advise experienced growers i need some help. I have only have only fead a 1/4 strength of nutes twice in her whole life cant see how it could be nute burn. I need some help looks like Magnesium def. Tell me what you would do help a brother out. Does she look to far gone? I need to know cuz i have limited plants im allowed to have. I am a proud MMJ Card holder here and have to stay with my guidelines of this state. PLEASE HELP? if the plant is to far gone and is not worth keeping i need to get rid of her so i can move one of my vegg plants in.

The PH is off because 7.0 is too high. You need to drop your ph down to at least 6.5. Adjusting your water to this ph should do the trick. You might need to drop the water PH to 6.2 or so intially to even out the soil ph down to 6.5. Distilled water is good man, but I always PH any liquid before it touches my plants. I've found that even distilled waters ph varies from bottle to bottle, its just something you always gotta be checkin. You plant looks like it will be able to pull out of this funk just fine, she's worth saving man!

So what is a household remedy for lowering PH? Thanks for the help. So you don't think it is Magnesium def. Aslo how come all my other plant are thriving on 7 ph and this one isn't?

(Previously posted by HippyInEngland)

PH And Marijuana Grown In Soil

When growing marijuana in soil the PH of the soil should be between 6.4 and 7.0 maximum.
When growing in containers, a single PH reading for each container is recommended.
When growing outdoors in a garden, it is best to take two or three PH measurements from different areas of the garden.
(Tool46) Read my last post the PH is between 6.9-7.0 which by the above statement should be fine. Also soil im using has lime for PH adjustment in it? So if i adjust the water ph and water wont the lime adjuster just bring it back to neutral? Thanks guys for any help what would you do in my shoes?

The thing is 7 is borderline bad PH, so some plants can stay right on the border and be fine, while others just barely cross the line and look like yours. Dunno if that makes sense, if not smoke a few and it might, I'm kinda high, ha. I'll be best for all your plants though if you get them down to 6.5. They might not looks sick, but your yeild just wont be what it could be, ya know?Anyways, to lower ph you need an acid, (alkalines raise ph acid lowers) and a great organic way to lower ph is lemon juice or something else citrusy.

So what about my soil though? With that lime for PH adjustment am i stuck with what i got or can i still adjust it? And thank you for your help. max is max and I see what you mean.

Latest posts

Back