Magnifying glass/Loope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparda

Reaction score
Hey there, I currently have a 30x handheld microscope which I was planning on using to check on harvist ect but to be honest I don't really like it. It works and all but not all that great, its a pain in the *** to focus among other things.

I like in the UK and to be honest, I have no idea where I would get a good one from. I've checked on eBay but they all seem to be the same kinda one which I already have and the ones which seem like they would be pretty good would have to be shipped from china/hong kong which takes like 12-24 working days which I don't really want to have to do lol.

So anyone know where I can get a good one from, in the uk? I think I would rather have a 60x one though instead of a 30x it might just be down to the crappy one I have but 30x just doesn't seem enough.

:48:

Radio Shack if you have them over there. Rock/mineral shops, stamp collecting places. LOL, I'm not even going to attempt to spell the term for it. Hobby shops?

IDK though. I have a 30x loupe and went down to the 20x. The 30x was too hard to focus on a leaf still attached to the plant. Had to cut some off and put it on a table to get a good look. Old eyes and shakey hands I guess?

Wet

Wetdog said:
Radio Shack if you have them over there. Rock/mineral shops, stamp collecting places. LOL, I'm not even going to attempt to spell the term for it. Hobby shops?

IDK though. I have a 30x loupe and went down to the 20x. The 30x was too hard to focus on a leaf still attached to the plant. Had to cut some off and put it on a table to get a good look. Old eyes and shakey hands I guess?

Wet

That's pretty much the problem I have with the one I have right now, you really need to press down on the object you're looking at for it to focus right which is no good really for what needs to be done.

We don't have Radio Shack over here and to be honest I don't know of many 'hobby shops' (lol) either. I think I'm just going to have to keep an eye on eBay and keep a look out when going around town ect.

Thanks for the reply :)

They hve them on Amazon.co.uk

Copy the link below in your browser...

amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pocket+microscope&sprefix=pocket+microscope

Nice I'll check that out, thanks!

I've just found one on eBay aswell, no buy it now it's just an auction. But I'm not sure if it will do the trick, so I'll look into that thread.

Thanks Hamster, I'll check that out too.

50021-1.JPG

I have these two....they both work about the same.

It is how you use them that will determine how well they work. If you try to use them to view the trichs right on the buds then it will take some time and skill to get it down. I still hve problems. What ya can do is remove a sugar leaf and put it on a flat surface and then use the scope to check the trichs...you will find it a whole lot easier I will bet. JMO

ps.jpg

ps2.jpg

The one on the left is the one I currently have right now, I find it a real pain to get the focus right. I'm sure it would be easier to remove a leaf and lay it on a flat surface I just didn't really want to have to cut leaves off ect if I didn't have too.

Sparda said:
The one on the left is the one I currently have right now, I find it a real pain to get the focus right. I'm sure it would be easier to remove a leaf and lay it on a flat surface I just didn't really want to have to cut leaves off ect if I didn't have too.

Choosing a real small leaf on a bud with a good amount of trichs won't hurt anything imo. We are not talking about removing fan leaves or anything like that. A small leaf with trichs on it will do. I usually clip a tiny one off the bud I am trying to check the trichs on.

Hamster Lewis said:
Choosing a real small leaf on a bud with a good amount of trichs won't hurt anything imo. We are not talking about removing fan leaves or anything like that. A small leaf with trichs on it will do. I usually clip a tiny one off the bud I am trying to check the trichs on.

It's usually a good idea to go ahead and snip that donor bud, quick dry it and do a quality control check :hubba: just as a double-check on the trichs. You might decide it's ready, notwithstanding the trich check:D

ArtVandolay said:
It's usually a good idea to go ahead and snip that donor bud, quick dry it and do a quality control check :hubba: just as a double-check on the trichs. You might decide it's ready, notwithstanding the trich check:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is my kids method and usually involves another 'donor' bud to double check the first.:doh:

The only problem is, they're MY plants! :eek: :hairpull: :hitchair:

Wet

ArtVandolay said:

sorry for posting off topic but what is the best way to do this? quick dry i mean. theres no sticky for it.

on topic: the little 60x on the left is the way to go.

tokinherper said:
sorry for posting off topic but what is the best way to do this? quick dry i mean. theres no sticky for it.

I quick dry my "test" nugz by putting them in a paper bag with a cpl holes punched in it. This goes in the oven on the lowest setting. I then check on it after an hour and then every half hour till it is dry enough to smoke. Some use the microwave...if I hve time I will put the paper bag on top of my reflector and let the warmth do its magic for a day or so.

Hamster Lewis said:
I quick dry my "test" nugz by putting them in a paper bag with a cpl holes punched in it. This goes in the oven on the lowest setting. I then check on it after an hour and then every half hour till it is dry enough to smoke. Some use the microwave...if I hve time I will put the paper bag on top of my reflector and let the warmth do its magic for a day or so.

thanks!

tokinherper said:

Our clothes dryer has a rack you put in it and stuff you put on that doesn't tumble :hubba: 20 mins or so :hubba:

Originally Posted by ArtVandolay
It's usually a good idea to go ahead and snip that donor bud, quick dry it and do a quality control check just as a double-check on the trichs. You might decide it's ready, notwithstanding the trich check

But by the time I check and test a couple times each day, the plant is bare at harvest!! :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by tokinherper

I have a bedside lamp with a normal round cone shaped shade and a florescent bulb, I put a silk scarf over the shade and it's about 4 inches from the bulb, just barely gets warm that far away...I lay the "tester" nug on top for about 15 minutes or so. It leaves a nice moist core and crisp outer layers that smokes quite nicely for a quick dry.

Latest posts

Back