maiden diy uc voyage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NC glad to see yah & yup im goin for low bushes but im thinking it could get a lil hairy in there. lol. im needing to jump on a trellis real quick. 1" pvc slides nicely into 1-1/4 & maybe soccer net for the netting. dont like what ive seen others using, that cheap **** from the grow shops. looks like dental floss, which might slice & dice. have couple other ideas if net is too much $.

multi thanks & glad to see you aboard for this learning exp.

Hushpuppy said:
:holysheep: Hey Doc; that is a good looking setup yu got there. Im curious about yer girls. I have a similar setup that I am doing with smaller blueberries that are very Indica dominant. I am settin 2 plants per tub. Yours look like they're gonna be big girls. Are they Sativa dominant or is there a particular reason for only settin one per tub, or is that the system looks bigger than what it really is. Also, in yer pics the girls look a little droopish. Is there a particular reason for that? good grow mojo to ya:) :farm:

hi hushpuppy & nice to meet yah. alright here we go. yes they are gunna be big girls, but thats what i strive for. last pull i did shy of a lb off two dirt girls under 2k. they were 3' tall & wide upon finish.

they are very indica dom. i just plucked all the water leaves, as they were dwarfing my hand & growth. one per 20g tote w/ actual 11g per plus epicenter gives a system volume on low water level (current) of 55g. on high level it runs 75g.

the reason they look so droopish is cause i gave em some of my "special" love:hubba: im a supercroppin mofo:D this room is much bigger than last but i still have low head room, so i maximize every way i can. i had just got done & if you look close there are alot of "bandages":eek: BUDDERS KEEPERS gets mad props for finding a good use for teflon tape. enough pressure to keep her together then as it grows it just breaks through, so no need to worry of taking off. just dont wrap too tight or too much as it wont break.

ok bye now:ignore:

Said the blind carpender as he picked up his hammer and saw:hubba: I had to go back and take another look at those pics and I see what yer talkin about. That is very interesting method for slowing upward growth. looks like yu got goin on:farm: I am very interested to watch this grow an see them progress. I know what yer talkin bout with the giant fan leaves that r bigger than yer hand. I just had to do the same thing with my blueberries yesterday. If yu don't mind my askin, how big are yer netpots? They look like 10" across to me. Yu said yu use trellis..is that gonna be a horizontal "scrog" or a variant? Thanks for sharing the beauties:)

I've been using this combo for a while now and love it. I used to use 3 Part Flora all the way through the grow, but became interested in Flora Nova Bloom. I have been blown away by the Flora Nova Bloom. You won't believe the quality and taste.

I use the keep it simple chart and flora series for the first 4 weeks, then I transition to Flora Nova Bloom and go to 12/12 lights. This stuff is expensive, but I use it sparingly (5ml per gallon at first, then increase to about 8ml per gallon for the life of the plant. I actually save money by not having to buy a bunch of additives to prop up what I've got.

For breeding, I use Flora Nova Bloom 6ml/gallon plus Flora Grow 3ml/gallon and it has worked very well.

well thanks for the info SD. see i thought about running gh3 but have read couple threads on it having wild ph drfts so i went w/ DM gold nutrient. i have been experiencing drift but thats gunna hopefully halt here quick like i hope. hate using adjusters.

flora nova, huh. i'll keep it in mind for sure.

do you have any pics w/ your rig rockin? if so feel free to post here. also how long have you been in a u.c.? theyre def stressin a lil due to over fert last wk & now new enviro & having their necks snapped.

yeah been reading on chems to veg & through bud set then organic to finish w/ a shazam. thats sounds like what i would like to do eventually.

ok so they're growing on both ends, but they look like they're overwatered...lol, no seriously. before i speculate i'm in need of some guidance. keep in mind they were started in aeroponics w/ gh3. weekly rez changes & i bumped up tds by finding the difference they ate in a wk & then doubled it. they responded good to that method & stuck w/ it. here's a run down from my 1st mistake as being new to hydro.

4/10 rez change w/ ~800ppm gh3 nutes ph before 6.1 after 5.5
4/17 " " ~925ppm DM gold nutrient full line. their calc mixes a lil hot so stuck w/ it. ph b4 5.9 after 5.6
4/18 ppms jumped to 950 so diluted down to 880 ph 5.7
4/19 jumped to 919 & left it.
4/20 diluted to 790 & mixed new batch to 790. after 12 hr bubble changed rez
4/23 before moving to uc the ppm was 781. uc is @ 445 ph 5.64
4/24 uc ppm 458(think rise is from adjuster) ph 5.97 adjusted down to 5.6 came home from easter dinner & 5.9 so downed it to 5.5
4/25 460 ph 5.71 12 hrs later ph 5.93 460 ppm
4/26 460ppm ph 5.9 added 10gal of 460 ph'd to 5.4 mixed to 460 ppm ph 5.85
4/27 454ppm ph adjusted to 5.66

so they're finally eating & new growth & roots are emerging but very dull in contrast. i dont know why ph is flucuating so bad. i adjust 1-2 times a day. im thinking of dumping & going w/ a 400ppm batch to see how they respond, but would maybe like some thought as why im getting results that i am. havent seen any other uc grows w/ these nutes exp this. oh the roots are healthy despite the tinge to them. the one addie called add .27 is pink & does this. no slime & smell chemically fresh....yuck.

DSCN2266.JPG

DSCN2267.JPG

DSCN2268.JPG

DSCN2269.JPG

DSCN2270.JPG

DSCN2271.JPG

DSCN2272.JPG

Hey Doc, they pretty good to me. looks like they are recovering nicely. I see that the leaves look awfully crinkly. I seem to remember that the crinkle leaf is a symptom of something but not sure what. IDK but maybe the ph issue is coming from the plants using the nutes fast enough to cause a chem change that throws the ph around. I have seen that in my system when my plants were playin catchup from some stress. Also, IME hydro tends to have ph drift sometimes, I think bcause everything happens so quick as opposed to soil. I hate to tell yu wrong but yu may want to lower the PPM by as much as 50% and see if the ph will stabilize. That is what I had to do with my system until the girls and I got used to the chems. since then, I have been gradually increasing PPM till I find the sweet spot. They do look good tho

thanks HP, but theres something def going on. if you go back a few days to the 24th they are much more lush. its hard to see w/ the mh blaring but you should be able to tell once looking at those pics. the thing is they aren't eating hardly anything until today. so im sure im jumping the gun but i find it rediculous to be adjusting couple times a day. just not right. especially after all the ranting how these nutes have ph locked down, no drift, yada, yada, yada. in past 3 hours it has drifted up to 5.71 from 5.66.

My plants look like this about a month in. I don't worry too much about it. I think it is from very rapid growth. I like to give 2.5ml per gallon silica blast (or similar) to beef up the structure of those quickly grown leaves and stems. Your roots look wonderful, they like to ball up where the air bubbles are most concentrated. I don't pay much attention to PH these days, perhaps I am getting lazy? I am blessed with 6.0 filtered water for free.

SD thanks for the ease of mind. i knew i was bippin out a lil. still on edge though until they look great. hey what's your tds when starting & let say wk 4 of veg? also do you think i should bump uip the ppm's to 500 & see what they say?

:ciao:

Just checking in...How are you likeing the UC?

take care and be safe my friend

:48:

Smoke I'm starting to like it. Today they are gobbling up the nutes so I'm going to bump em up.

Current: Ph 5.83 ppm 424

Going to target 500. When I jump into flower I will then setup top off.

ok so on the 28th i targeted 500ppm & ended up w/ 524 so i stuck w/ it. i think it needs to go up more as they already knocked it down to 494 in 2 days. i dont really know if this is normal or alot in hydro but the goal here is to find the sweet spot where the only thing that fluctuates is the water level. meaning perfect plant bliss. im letting em go a couple days before adding back & raising to 600. ph has not budged from 5.89 in that time either. built a trellis that has 18" of adjustment every 2". might be too tall but shall see.

the 1st 2 pics are the donors & they will mostly be made into hash. theyre also 1 wk into bloom. i plan on taking cuttings of all 4 in the UC & throwing em in air pots until i figure out the lucky winner. im rooting for Z

single plant pics are in order as w, x, y, z

DSCN2273.JPG

DSCN2274.JPG

DSCN2278.JPG

DSCN2288.JPG

DSCN2289.JPG

DSCN2279.JPG

DSCN2280.JPG

DSCN2281.JPG

DSCN2282.JPG

DSCN2283.JPG

DSCN2284.JPG

ok so ppm's were steadily dropping as i was bumping up daily by 25 to 50. today i did a 100 ppm bump to see if i can find the zone as i need to flip these gals. im sitting at 675ppm's. ph has been swinging a lil, but thats due to the rapid eating. so on w/ pics.

also the 1st 5 pics are the donors that are at 10 days bloom. fed em their last veg feed today @ 1415ppms! they are hogs & also why i jumped the ppms by 100 in the UC. the indie pics of UC tubs are respectively w, x, y, z.

DSCN2293.JPG

DSCN2294.JPG

DSCN2291.JPG

DSCN2295.JPG

DSCN2296.JPG

DSCN2302.JPG

DSCN2303.JPG

DSCN2304.JPG

DSCN2298.JPG

DSCN2300.JPG

DSCN2306.JPG

Don't understand a thing of hydro, but your plants look awesome. Great job.

BHO, thanks. yeah its def a learning exp. hoping that they are getting close to being maxed on nutes. checked the ppm's this morning at 673 & ph sits at 5.66.

got it pegged at 680 & 5.83 for couple days now & in a.m. its flip time. i fear im late on that but had to find what they wanted.

phenos are in order w, x, y, z

DSCN2307.JPG

DSCN2308.JPG

DSCN2309.JPG

DSCN2310.JPG

DSCN2311.JPG

DSCN2316.JPG

Gonna be she beasts man. You treated them with something for mites? Gonna be flowering thru mite season.

nope no mites here NC. never had em. i get occassional gnat swarm every so often so sticky trap is hoisted & ready. thought i was going to have a prolem as there were quite a few in tote water but they arent there as of now.

Latest posts

Back