Maintaining powerful smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Does drying have anything to do with pulling out all the fragrance possible in your harvested plant? If so, what are the best methods? I know curing is THE most important step but can the drying process effect smell also?

The cure is the most important part imo, but a slow drying will make a big difference also. so dry it slow, if its ready for jars in 3-4 days that too fast imo.

fast dry gives one flavour and taste, spicy, slow dry (1 week plus) gives the more balanced bouquet.

Make sure to keep it out of light and heat as those will leach out the fragrence and flavour. Drying and curing definitely and directly affects the flavor and smell. Drying and curing should be as controlled as possible, and done in cool, medium humidiy, darkness to preserve the flavours. If yu have the ability to really control it, yu should hang the buds first for drying (or lay them on an open screen with slow airflow and turn twice daily). I maintain about 60% humidity in my drying cabinet and have air moving (not blowing with a fan) to exaust the moisture. After a week I put mine in open "ball canning" jars and keep them in the dark, laying on their side, and rotating the jars twice daily for about 5 days then I close the jars and only open once daily and briefly wave them to air them for another week. After that they are good to me

Latest posts

Back