Making Canna Salve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MariJan

Weed guru in training😜😜😜
Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
https://homesteadandchill.com/how-to-make-cannabis-salve/
This is the base recipe I use.
I have made a few changes.

1. Instead of EVOO (extra virgin Olive Oil) I use black caster oil. Regular caster oil works too if you can’t find Black caster oil.

2. I Use bud not trim. You can use trim but your salve will not work as well or be as potent.

3. Rubbing it in is key to getting relief.
The longer you rub it in the faster it works.

4. Eucalyptus or Lemon essential oil hides the smell of the cannabis better than lavender. I thought lavender would help sleeping. It does not even work at all so don't by lavender. My fav is lemon.

5. triple the amount of wax. Less wax equals oilier ointment.

6. To make it vegan just substitute soy wax for bees wax. Bees wax version is smother.
Sox wax is a bit gritty but rubs in good. Your skin will melt the grittiness.

Feel free to chime in if you have tried it.

I will do my best to answer any questions.

It works on pain, inflammation, psoriases, dermatitis, skin cancer cells, eczema, fungal infections, neuropathy,.. this is what I have tried it on.

I started making it for dad. He was on 10 mg of hydrocodone/acetaminophen. Dad is almost 88 he is no longer taking opioids. He only uses the canna salve for pain. No side effects other than smell which fades in 10-20 minutes.

Last edited:
Jan's Salve is excellent... and yes, ready for a jar mam... hehe. Looking forward to the new batch that you say spreads easier... this stuff I have to hold it against my warm body so it begins to melt a bit, but once you rub it in really good it truly helpls with pain big time... so thank you Jan... your a sweet caring person

Jan's Salve is excellent... and yes, ready for a jar mam... hehe. Looking forward to the new batch that you say spreads easier... this stuff I have to hold it against my warm body so it begins to melt a bit, but once you rub it in really good it truly helpls with pain big time... so thank you Jan... your a sweet caring person
I will ship them tomorrow

My Wife loves her salve. She has a lot of back pain due to osteoporosis.Very easy to spread and it's like silk. I have to put it on my Wife's back every night. My hands smell great and are soft afterwards.🥰
I'm thinking,,,hummmm,,where else might I use that salve.😁

This is my updated recipe

1 1/3 C coconut infused canna oil
1/3 C caster oil black if you can get it
(Extra Virgin Olive Oil can be substituted)
1 1/2 C bees wax ( soy wax for vegan)
1-2 Tbs essential oil lemon works best
( make sure its skin grade )
Vit E oil 1 tbs

Using a double boiler melt the wax completely.
Turn off double boiler for the rest.
Add the caster and vit e oils mix well.
Add essential oil.
Poor into light proof containers
They will get solid quickly so be ready with containers.

Sounds a lot like the stuff I made. I used tea tree oil and menthol crystals in mine, too. I've gotta find some coal and coke to get my old laptop fired up and find the original Beemer Bill's Botanical Balm recipe.
Tee tree oil is bad for pets and mine are bad. Always eating or chewing something. We are working on it but I don't want no accidents.
It is a good choice in place if the EVOO. Black caster oil helps with inflammation that is why I chose it.

I found the recipe! Here it is exactly as Beemer Bill posted it. I followed it step by step except using a blender. I didn't see the need.

Beemer Bill's Botanical Balm.

Things that you will need:
Crock pot
Blender
Containers to put it in.

Ingredients:

Good shake or bud
Coconut oil
Shea butter
Beeswax
Menthol crystals or peppermint crystals.
Tea tree oil
You can also put in a little E oil or Almond oil for better penetration.

I cook only on low with my pot and it goes to around 210 degrees with the lid on so I don't worry about overheating.

Recipe:

1 cup coconut oil
1 cup rough grind bud or shake
1/3 cup shea butter
1/2 cup beeswax
6 to 8 tablespoons of menthol crystals
Around 8-10 drops of Tea tree oil as a preservative

If you put E oil or almond oil in, you may need a little more beeswax. I have had to put everything back into the crock pot and reheat to add more beeswax. The beeswax makes it firm up and not turn into liquid in the heat of the summer or house.

Put the coconut oil and bud in the crock pot and cook for at least 3 hours. This is long enough to get all the goodies out of the bud and into the oil. I then strain it through a 120 mesh hash bag or you can use cheese cloth doubled up, and then put the oil back into the crock pot. It takes a lot of squeezing to get as much of the oil out as you can. Save the bud and make some brownies or the like with it.

Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for around an hour. This is where I put it into a blender and blend it for a couple of minutes, more or less. This really blends it and adds a little air to it for a better consistency. Pour into containers and enjoy.

This is Beemer's recipe. It's worked for me.

I found the recipe! Here it is exactly as Beemer Bill posted it. I followed it step by step except using a blender. I didn't see the need.

Beemer Bill's Botanical Balm.

Things that you will need:
Crock pot
Blender
Containers to put it in.

Ingredients:

Good shake or bud
Coconut oil
Shea butter
Beeswax
Menthol crystals or peppermint crystals.
Tea tree oil
You can also put in a little E oil or Almond oil for better penetration.

I cook only on low with my pot and it goes to around 210 degrees with the lid on so I don't worry about overheating.

Recipe:

1 cup coconut oil
1 cup rough grind bud or shake
1/3 cup shea butter
1/2 cup beeswax
6 to 8 tablespoons of menthol crystals
Around 8-10 drops of Tea tree oil as a preservative

If you put E oil or almond oil in, you may need a little more beeswax. I have had to put everything back into the crock pot and reheat to add more beeswax. The beeswax makes it firm up and not turn into liquid in the heat of the summer or house.

Put the coconut oil and bud in the crock pot and cook for at least 3 hours. This is long enough to get all the goodies out of the bud and into the oil. I then strain it through a 120 mesh hash bag or you can use cheese cloth doubled up, and then put the oil back into the crock pot. It takes a lot of squeezing to get as much of the oil out as you can. Save the bud and make some brownies or the like with it.

Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for around an hour. This is where I put it into a blender and blend it for a couple of minutes, more or less. This really blends it and adds a little air to it for a better consistency. Pour into containers and enjoy.

This is Beemer's recipe. It's worked for me.
Nice now the brother making it with shea butter will have better instructions. The blender is most likely why it looked a bit funky yet still worked great. I can see the blender whipping are into it and making it look smoother.

Nice now the brother making it with shea butter will have better instructions. The blender is most likely why it looked a bit funky yet still worked great. I can see the blender whipping are into it and making it look smoother.
It was in the other forum so I copied and pasted. I changed the pronouns to he instead of I. The fella making it is using the shea butter and it cones out a bit wonky. It does work.

Latest posts

Back