Making CBD pills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190110_173157.jpg

Hi Keef
Just wanted to say look into adding Lecithin into your mix
Are you mixing the shake in with oil?
Also
Perhaps the best reason to add lecithin to your edibles is one that will really get cannabis enthusiasts excited. The emulsifier can act to increase the potency of cannabis edibles in numerous ways, helping users to make the most of the weed they are using. Your body may have an easier time digesting the bound ingredients and will be able to access and digest THC and other cannabinoids more easily. As well as this, lecithin is known to be a surfactant, a compound that lowers surface tension. This fact means that lecithin helps to distribute THC and cannabinoids more efficiently.

Im dropping this here too
My friend has been making Caps for yrs
Im PM you

Hi Keef
Just wanted to say look into adding Lecithin into your mix
Are you mixing the shake in with oil?
Also
Perhaps the best reason to add lecithin to your edibles is one that will really get cannabis enthusiasts excited. The emulsifier can act to increase the potency of cannabis edibles in numerous ways, helping users to make the most of the weed they are using. Your body may have an easier time digesting the bound ingredients and will be able to access and digest THC and other cannabinoids more easily. As well as this, lecithin is known to be a surfactant, a compound that lowers surface tension. This fact means that lecithin helps to distribute THC and cannabinoids more efficiently.
Hi Stiggy
My wife has asked me to make her some caps , can you give me some more info on adding the Lecithin eg what type , when to add how to add how much to add
cheers

MJ -- Welcome to MP !
I had a pretty bad head injury --I was a legal morphine junkie for most of a decade -- I now make my own meds as cannacaps -- I decarb at 240 for half an hour on a paper plate in the oven --- I have this screen wire sieve I use to break the weed down into smaller piece so it will pack nice and tight -- These 3 -00 gel caps of good weed is a good dose for me -- If it's trim it takes more -- I try to take 3 doses a day -- U have to find your own dose -- For pain I like half high CBD half high THC weed -- I try to keep them in different size caps so I know what is what -- The coconut I like is the cold pressed unprocessed oil cause it still has coconut flavor but I'm not that picky and oil or food with some oil in it works fine -- How U like my whittled down chop stick for packing caps -- U would be surprised how much U can pack in a cap !-- About an hour later ?-- Hello !-- I like smoking my weed but U can't beat a good cap buzz !
keef, i just saw your post and it has me interested. please excuse my ignorance, but what is "decarb"? i assume the 240 is a temperature?? this seems like a really nice way to go instead of lighting up.

Hi decree, Keef, decarbs his flowers/shake and then puts them in capsules. He eats oil I think with them. He will be back to help.

Ya'll talking bout me behind my back ?--
Hey DrCree -- I moved my decarb temp up after Rose did some test !- I'm at 275 degrees for 45 minutes to decarb !
I do love an edible dose !-- I was just decarbing --pack it into caps with a stick and chase with a spoon of Coconut oil !
I'm outta caps and tried something different-- Give this a shot -- 4 measured parts of decarbed crumbed bud and 6 parts Oil -- olive -coconut - vegetable -- Don't matter !-- I mix it in a small microwavable bowl like a mud -- Microwave to heat and mix -- Let it stand a few hours to cool stirring occasionally--- The THC needs time to dissolve into the oil and heat helps --filter -- Try 2 teaspoons of the oil as a dose !
I need to get me some more empty caps -- A dose of dried decarbed be maybe 4 --00 - caps pack full with some oil or oily food on the side !-- I like it because I can measure a dose better than trying to eyeball a dose Of RSO or something !-- I take 3 doses a day -I slipped and tried to bust a concrete floor with my face -- I was a legal morphine addict for most of a decade and I don't go to the doctor anymore -- I treat myself !

keef,

what a great help you are! thank you for the recipe! i am all in at the 4/6 ratio.
my wife and i chew buds but just today she tells me she was tired of eating hay. and here i thought all farm girls liked that stuff. this prompted my search for edibles.
the coconut oil sounds like a much better alternative than the vegetable. conveniently we happen to have a bag full of those 00 caps--remnant from her essential days, if you know what i mean.
i must be as dumb as they come, but what is decarbing please?

Ya'll talking bout me behind my back ?--
Hey DrCree -- I moved my decarb temp up after Rose did some test !- I'm at 275 degrees for 45 minutes to decarb !
I do love an edible dose !-- I was just decarbing --pack it into caps with a stick and chase with a spoon of Coconut oil !
I'm outta caps and tried something different-- Give this a shot -- 4 measured parts of decarbed crumbed bud and 6 parts Oil -- olive -coconut - vegetable -- Don't matter !-- I mix it in a small microwavable bowl like a mud -- Microwave to heat and mix -- Let it stand a few hours to cool stirring occasionally--- The THC needs time to dissolve into the oil and heat helps --filter -- Try 2 teaspoons of the oil as a dose !
I need to get me some more empty caps -- A dose of dried decarbed be maybe 4 --00 - caps pack full with some oil or oily food on the side !-- I like it because I can measure a dose better than trying to eyeball a dose Of RSO or something !-- I take 3 doses a day -I slipped and tried to bust a concrete floor with my face -- I was a legal morphine addict for most of a decade and I don't go to the doctor anymore -- I treat myself !
Hey Keef 275 Celsius or fahrenheit

DrCree - They call decarb activating it !-- What happens is most of the THC/CBD is in THC acid and CBD acid form in the plant-- When weed is burned the heat turns the THCA into THC which is what we want !-- THC acid will not be obsorbed in your gut !-- By decarbing -- ( don't make me try to spell that word )
the acids are turned to the active type of THC/CBD- that can be obsorbed in the gut if there is one more component ?-- An oil is need as a carrier to get the active ingredients from your gut to your blood stream !-- O do caps but some make simple --"Firecrackers"
Some decarbed weed on top a cracker with cheese !-- I been digging this olive oil tincture but my belly is a perfectly good extraction machine and probably is more efficient !-- Little decarb --a little oil and just let it happen !-- Bout an hour ?-- HELLO !

Last edited by a moderator:
If U take too much ?-- Don't worry U ain't gonna die !-- U just got to the place I call "Too High " -- U got to ride it out !
Learn to do the crab walk !--

hahahaha!! hooch capsules are your friend!

the woman wanted me to ask if the crackers should be triskets--maybe with a chunk of gouda? your definition was right on point and easily translated.

keef and rosebud, thank you both very much for your assistance and the cane. you're both helping me to walk.

btw, i'm not an upper case guy--don't deserve that kind of respect. lower case is good enough. appreciated though.

Last edited:
Glad to help Cuz !-- Here's what I would suggest -- Grow your high THC Dank but grow some High CBD too !-- U can make caps or a tincture Gummies or whatever but If U have pain U can take more high CBD -- U just wanna unwind --More high THC -- I like to keep them in separate size capsules so I know what is what !-- About half and half is my sweet spot !-- U gotta find your own dosage from there !-- Waking up high in the morning is a whole new experience !

Hi Stiggy
My wife has asked me to make her some caps , can you give me some more info on adding the Lecithin eg what type , when to add how to add how much to add
cheers
We use sunflower lecithin from the health food store, but i am sure Amazon has it. I use it when i make a tincture and I do 1 tsp per batch. I hope that helps.

We use sunflower lecithin from the health food store, but i am sure Amazon has it. I use it when i make a tincture and I do 1 tsp per batch. I hope that helps.
Cheers Rose

Gday Guys , if ya need oil or fat so you body can absorb the weed , would a drop of oil or tincture on top of the decarded cap before the lid goes on do the same thing

Can you actually get enough leaf or bud into a capsule to do any good? How many capsules would it take someone with a high tolerance to do any good? How much coconut oil do you need (can't see myself eating a spoonful of coconut oil--icky icky)? Also with this method you have to forgo the lecithin, which I understand really helps the body absorb the cannabinoids?

Bacon! Bacon has oil/fat. So does a hard boiled egg. Have a piece (or 3 ) of bacon along with an egg, which also has lecithin in it as well. :)

Latest posts

Back