Making concentrated oil.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is every time I use Hash regardless of how I extracted it, dry sift
or ice (bubble) hash & extract the oil out @ -40f or colder using Everclear (that’s the hash and Everclear chilled to -40) it comes out nice & golden to golden reddish depending on Trichome “age”.
I think this answered my question. Experiment on!

Bubba

All I can say is every time I use Hash regardless of how I extracted it, dry sift
or ice (bubble) hash & extract the oil out @ -40f or colder using Everclear (that’s the hash and Everclear chilled to -40) it comes out nice & golden to golden reddish depending on Trichome “age”.

Talking about Trichome age…a friend of mine collected trichomes from his herb grinder for several years & kept them in a plastic film container… he lives far away from me so we didn’t see each other very often finally one day he brought out the container and showed me the Kief.
It was Red, that caught me off guard.

I knew from researching red Lebanese hash that Kief can turn red, on late flowering depending on environment.

The reason I bring this up, in the late 1970s a friend of mine and I bought 4 ounces of pure Red Hash Oil not Amber.
to this day I have wondered how they got it to be red??? Anyone???
I wonder if back then it was strain
specific or chemical process !

(Like I said in my previous post I’ve made amber colored oil with almost a reddish color from some mostly amber trics, but not really leaning red)

I think the good stuff disolved quickly. I could still tell the was a bit of material, so I kept stirring and mashing on it, probably had the good stuff already, and I kept at it, room temp. Must have had time to dissolve some nasties.

Will try with golden bubble, and I would like to try the "cold" ethanol extraction. I don't know if chilling the alcohol would avoid the color being taken, it disolved and turned the alcohol dark green immediately. Bubba

Yield and trichome head size also varies by strain. We weren't raising ours for total yield, but for specific medicinal qualities at the time.

we took Graywolfs instructions and ran qwet for 4 years and have never looked back the Wolf is the Man when it comes to cannabis oil...a Pioneer and OG of oil the King of Terpanators

Thanks for the good thoughts and vote of confidence brother! My own personal extraction here at home has moved back to QWET, after they made BHO extraction outside a permitted facility a Class B felony here locally. It doesn't take a lot of specialized equipment to do safely and achieve good results.

I also started making my own 190 proof for extraction from corn sugar and Turbo Yeast, to show how easily it could be produced in areas where it is not readily available.

Talking about Trichome age…a friend of mine collected trichomes from his herb grinder for several years & kept them in a plastic film container… he lives far away from me so we didn’t see each other very often finally one day he brought out the container and showed me the Kief. It was Red, that caught me off guard. I knew from researching red Lebanese hash that Kief can turn red, on late flowering depending on environment. The reason I bring this up, in the late 1970s a friend of mine and I bought 4 ounces of pure Red Hash Oil not Amber.
to this day I have wondered how they got it to be red??? Anyone??? I wonder if back then it was strain specific or chemical process ! (Like I said in my previous post I’ve made amber colored oil with almost a reddish color from some mostly amber trics, but not really leaning red)

Three thoughts. One is that trichomes turn amber as they age and oxidize.

C-15 anthocyanin terpenoids can be red at the right pH.

Thirdly, Iso produces a redder oil than Ethanol, and Acetone extraction a redder oil yet. My guess is that it was the solvent being used for extraction.

Yield and trichome head size also varies by strain. We weren't raising ours for total yield, but for specific medicinal qualities at the time.

Now that’s some good information, I always wondered why ???
Thankyou very much
🎶😎🎶👋

Thanks for the good thoughts and vote of confidence brother! My own personal extraction here at home has moved back to QWET, after they made BHO extraction outside a permitted facility a Class B felony here locally. It doesn't take a lot of specialized equipment to do safely and achieve good results.

I also started making my own 190 proof for extraction from corn sugar and Turbo Yeast, to show how easily it could be produced in areas where it is not readily available.

Three thoughts. One is that trichomes turn amber as they age and oxidize.

C-15 anthocyanin terpenoids can be red at the right pH.

Thirdly, Iso produces a redder oil than Ethanol, and Acetone extraction a redder oil yet. My guess is that it was the solvent being used for extraction.

Made a new batch, evaporate alcohol law should be 4.5 gr or so pure golden honey oil… for vaping only or I wouldn’t have gone through the trouble.
DDD614E3-20A0-44DD-9943-FA9C261D331E.png

Attachments

• 35C9DA42-E1CA-4114-A51D-0B76E1295509.jpeg
    35C9DA42-E1CA-4114-A51D-0B76E1295509.jpeg
    1,008 KB · Views: 0
A buddy of mine bought one at the second Cup. Had to wait two months before they shipped it. $1100, and he's used it twice that I know of. Don't judge by him though. He does stupid stuff on a daily basis.

i ordered from the company. they ship free. I smashed 10 ounces and got 42 grams of rosin. that was 2 years ago. I still have about a third of it left. Its the best. clean rosin .

Latest posts

Back