Making Dry Ice Hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry@OCG

Reaction score
I was seeing what micron screen they used to make dry ice hash. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170920_140004 (2).jpg
    20170920_140004 (2).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
we use a 100 micron bubble bag and then press the keef on a 15 ton press with hot plates...yummy rosin/resin

I made a batch of bubble hash last week. And sure enough I just got rid of all my kief so I will be doing that early next week. I make kief with dry ice and bubble hash with ice and water. Looks like kief ya got there my friend. For kief I use a 220 micron bag. For bubble I use 4 bubble bags.....working bag is 220, and 120, 73 and 25 make up the rest. I think the kief is to harsh for my taste but I have friends that love it so I continue to process it.

I made a batch of bubble hash last week. And sure enough I just got rid of all my kief so I will be doing that early next week. I make kief with dry ice and bubble hash with ice and water. Looks like kief ya got there my friend. For kief I use a 220 micron bag. For bubble I use 4 bubble bags.....working bag is 220, and 120, 73 and 25 make up the rest. I think the kief is to harsh for my taste but I have friends that love it so I continue to process it.
Many sets don't have a 90. Subcool said it was better than the 73 which was previously his best bubble. I got good stuff from both, and haven't had enough experience. Most of the bag makers do sell individual bags if you want to try. I guess absent the 90, the material would be all collected by the 73.

Bubba

how much product do you guys use when dry ice extracting...I'm drying about a half pound of buds that were resinous but larfy...what's the ratio for buds to ice for one run...how much dry ice do you purchase for this stuff...

I've never done that, but pute was explaining his method, I don't remember him mentioning a ratio, it was more about the method itself.
He had a nice pic of his results, very nice. Then you're gonna press that right?

Bubba

Reactions: boo
5 to 6 pounds of what...I don't think the bags will hold that much weed pute...I'm assuming the ice...yeah bubba, I'm gonna press the kief using hot plates and a 20 ton press...any knowledge regarding temps...mebbe big will chime in...he's done this heat press process...

I'm thinking he means ice, but better wait for sure...

Bubba

5 to 6 pounds of what...I don't think the bags will hold that much weed pute...I'm assuming the ice...yeah bubba, I'm gonna press the kief using hot plates and a 20 ton press...any knowledge regarding temps...mebbe big will chime in...he's done this heat press process...
No, but I have watched a few videos....heat seemed to not vary so much, they seemed more concerned with the filter bag things you press with.
I have no idea if they new what they were doing, but fooled me.

Bubba

Sorry watching the football game. Yes I use 5 gallon buckets with that 220 mesh screen over the top of the bucket put the pot in the bucket make sure you work the marijuana down and get it as fine as you can dump the dry ice and the marijuana in the bucket. Shake it for about 30 seconds slightly roll it around and turn the bucket upside down with the screen shifting the dry sif through onto the glass below by shaking gently again. Use a credit card to scrape it up you'll be surprised at how much you get. Repeat a total of 3 times.Call me if you need to.

Last edited:
will do pute, thanks...do you heat press your keif for rosin or just press it into pucks...

Pucks. I need a heat press but I am boat poor at the moment. Plus just made my last quarterly IRS payment today.

how much product do you guys use when dry ice extracting...I'm drying about a half pound of buds that were resinous but larfy...what's the ratio for buds to ice for one run...how much dry ice do you purchase for this stuff...
3 ounces of material will yeild you some nice hash, if you want it even more pure keep running your finished product through 1 or 2 more times. I use the filters for buckekts and its sueper easy to do. I also put my water in the refrigerator for 24 hours so its as close to freezing as I can get it. THen pour it up and stir. I use a drill bit paint stiring attatchment to really give it a stir. The run the same product 2-3 more times to get all the concentrate from the trim

I need to remember what box I hid my BBags in
Have some older weed that needs to become hash
I now have two sets, after the last time I couldn't find them anywhere, until I got the new set....then there they were.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back