Making Hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to freeze my sugar trim approx 24hrs after cutting it from my plants, when it's wilted.
I'd personally never decarb my sugar trim before making bubble hash as I feel this defeats the object of freezing fresh trim and leads to the possibility of leaf contamination in my hash.
I would also never use fan leafs or stems while making hash.

This is what I do also, then throw in a screen tumbler...1st squeeze, then 2nd squeeze...then hmmm good

While it is undeniable that THCA/CBDA are water soluble, my understanding is that only small amounts are lost during the process of making bubblehash.
While you're heating your trim to decarb it, you are also converting THC to CBN and evaporating many organic compounds that effect flavour and taste.
I do not believe it is necessary to decarb'd trim before making bubblehash or that decarb'd trim bubblehash will produce a noticeable difference in strength than my un-decarb'd hash.

So, let me get this straight.

Decarbing is the only process that can turn THC-A (a 'useless' non-psychoactive substance) into THC, thus making it usable.

However, decarbing also changes this THC into CBN (thus accelerating the natural degradation of THC that would naturally occur during months into minutes).

So, then why does it matter if THC-A is water-soluble? There is no way to convert it to THC without also converting it to CBN in the process.

No, decarbing is not the only way to turn THC-A into THC. A good cure will also convert the THC-A to THC.

My understanding is a little different multi. My understanding is that very little of the THC is converted to CBN if the decarb is done right and not for too long or too hot an oven. I didn't decarb for many years, but I do believe that it makes a difference. I guess that this is one of those things that is up to the individual bubble hash maker. I will continue to decarb

No, decarbing is not the only way to turn THC-A into THC. A good cure will also convert the THC-A to THC.

My understanding is a little different multi. My understanding is that very little of the THC is converted to CBN if the decarb is done right and not for too long or too hot an oven. I didn't decarb for many years, but I do believe that it makes a difference. I guess that this is one of those things that is up to the individual bubble hash maker. I will continue to decarb

Mhm, I see.

So, it comes down to a wise elder vs. the forum troll.

Difficult choice there, I admit.

IMO save everything less stems depending if your doing dry ice method or bubble bag will determine if you need to dry the trim or not
If going bubble bag then there is no need to dry the trim just place in freezer
and take out when your ready to make some hash i don't like them small bubble bag's you never seem to get much every run i like to get 3/4 pound each run close to 25 pounds of trim give or take

View attachment picture502.jpg

View attachment picture505z.jpg

View attachment dscf3955m.jpg

View attachment DSCF3942.jpg

View attachment DSCF3945.jpg

View attachment DSCF3955.jpg

It sure is THG much the same as individuals thoughts on the "best" grow medium or "best" cloning method etc

I've recently bought a table top / camping washing machine to help me empty my freezer of stored trim, there's probably 3lbs waiting to be done.
When the washing machine arrived I couldn't help butt do a quick test run with it.
A 7min wash got me close to my old 15min hand washes. Cool machine :D

Full melt super sticky blonde bubble, best stored in the fridge because at room temp it remains tacky to the touch.

Subjective in this case just means that there are too many variables for anyone to do a completely, thorough study. The truth is out there.

What do you mean you bought a washing machine to make hash?

I thought the method was to freeze it and then sift it like flour.. where does washing come in?

You never responded to my PM but I assume you're selling it if you can afford an entire washing machine just to make hash.

IMO save everything less stems depending if your doing dry ice method or bubble bag will determine if you need to dry the trim or not
If going bubble bag then there is no need to dry the trim just place in freezer
and take out when your ready to make some hash i don't like them small bubble bag's you never seem to get much every run i like to get 3/4 pound each run close to 25 pounds of trim give or take

Wow, dude. What is that you got there? Are you submerging the cuttings in water?

Either way, that looks like good. Care to explain?

Mhm, I see.

So, it comes down to a wise elder vs. the forum troll.

Difficult choice there, I admit.
who are you to say something like that?

take the advice or leave it..or even refute it. but don't knock people for giving it.
multi doesn't HAVE to help you, he generously did; then gets that reply?
*and it's more than multi saying they don't decarb BTW.. THG is actually the only person i've seen recommend to ;)

no need to respond. i just wanted to point out how ridiculous that is.

@ track

http://bit.ly/1xcVOO5

Or maybe you should take a look at the hash forum here !? :rolleyes:

Thank you, that is so extremely helpful.

In response I'd like to offer this:

http://bit.ly/1xdDnZo

who are you to say something like that?

The guy who's been trolled by multi across his various accounts?

Well, you refuse to talk to me, so what else am I supposed to do but assume?

Besides, how is that making as *** out of anyone? Neither option is negative.

Latest posts

Back