Making Progress !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyguitars

Reaction score
Finally getting my new room set up, I've been working on it for a few days now setting up rdwc
test runs etc,etc... I love winter time the way I have my cool tubes set up blowers circulate outside air
through them and in the winter the air is anywhere from 20 - 45 degrees the cool tubes
are actually cool to the touch running 2 x 1000 watts i constant temp runs between
72 and 75 degrees year round do to A/C in the summer months ,Anyways here she is tell me what you think!
Peace!

Attachments

• 20200927_002629.jpg
    20200927_002629.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200927_002701.jpg
    20200927_002701.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200927_002824.jpg
    20200927_002824.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 27
I'm so envious of your space! How big is that room? What did you change? Do you like hydro? And my final but most important question, what's going in the buckets, what's your next run gonna be, do you already know?

I'm so envious of your space! How big is that room? What did you change? Do you like hydro? And my final but most important question, what's going in the buckets, what's your next run gonna be, do you already know?

The room is 10 x12 , I was using a smaller utility room across the hall from this one i changed to a bigger one and also
it has central air vent plus i added a window unit very easy to cool but the space is the main reason for the move. this round
its Wifi og and skittles. Growing Hydro style is easiest too me , I,ve studied it for almost 20 years now, designing and experimenting
with all types of systems Aeroponics , Nft's, fill and drain ,dwc,wicking,injection growing, etc,etc... lol its never ending for me . when i started years ago I didnt even smoke due to my work, its the experimenting that seemed to fill a void and it kept the wife happy which was my
main objective ! Like hydro,, I love it, I come from an engineering background all the hoses, pumps,bublers,timers,lights,measuring
instruments,etc,etc.... hits my (G)row spot. I keep it very simple I veg for 3-4 weeks and flower for 8-10 weeks .been doing this for many
years ! Due to recent events in this world @ 53 I was able to retire a couple years early from my job this summer and have now alot of time to go OCD on all my hobbies .

Happy Growing !

Good looking efficient room

congratulations on retirement!...

what nutes do you use?
Thanks ! I was real lucky to be able to do so and 2 years early at that, with no penality other than
my ex. trying to take a portion of my 401k but we will see about that .
You ask what nutes I use . I use dyna -gro brand I use their Grow and pro-tek for veg and for bloom
I use their bloom and mag-pro thats it i can honestly say have never had a deff.
I have used most brands throughout my almost 20 years of hydro all the big name 2 part 3 part 5 part
nothing has worked for me and my method better than dyna-gro nutes. ironically I believe they
are some of the most overlooked nutrients on the market simply because they are probably one of
the cheapest. Take care Happy growing !

honestly say have never had a deff.
I have used most brands throughout my almost 20 years of hydro all the big name 2 part 3 part 5 part

Out of curiosity, have you ever used Cogo's Original Plant Food?

I can't find anyone who has used them. I have for about 5 years now, I love them. I can't say I've had a deficiency either. Plant problems that were my fault, yes, but not deficiencies due to improper nutrient balance.

I have only grown one hydro plant so far. Well, actually, strangest thing, my last bunch was started hydro but had to move into Promix moments before flowering. Seriously shocked I didn't end up with herms, but they transitioned much better than I expected. I had to start them hydro, bought a chiller and everything cuz I couldn't get any type soil/soilless at the beginning of this pandemic. Then, moving and having no electricity other than a generator, had to switch them to Promix. Only gave them 3 minutes before I flipped them to flower. I was hoping to be able to finish them at the old address before moving cuz it took forever to close. They finished here in my RV grow space.

I sure haven't . but I like the way you think deficiency hmmm i need to add something, 99 %
of the time it is a lack, of but not in the area of nutrients lol.

I find hydroponics to be very easy for the most part I check ph daily around the same time usually no adjusting
if the plants like their mix then they seem to uptake nutes and water at the same rate which leads to a very stable
ph mine stays around 5.8 but i do not mind letting it go through the range for a variety of nutrient uptake . I found
sometimes its a good thing to run a lil on the higher side of the ph level one week then the next week run on the lower
side of the ph range alternating this allows for a broader coverage of available nutrients . works for me .
Peace ! and happy growing .

sometimes its a good thing to run a lil on the higher side of the ph level one week then the next week run on the lower
side of the ph range alternating this allows for a broader coverage of available nutrients . works for me .

Worked for me also when I was doing it, however short a time, lol

I've been using closer to 5.5 as my low even in soilless and I'm seeing great results.

I usually adjust around 5.7 5.8 sometimes in veg may run them a little lower
and in flower sometimes a little higher. Im sure you have seen a nutrient uptake chart
back in the day when I came across one it played a big part in developing the method I use .
I'm real big on calibrations tools,meters,etc. I try to account for the +\- factor of what I'm using
and split it because if Im adjusting at the very bottom of the range it could be too low with the -/
in turn if I'm on the high end then given the +/ it could be too high :cool:
Take care !

Alright here we go after one week in my rdwc these girls are 3wks old after one week
i had them in my little micro bubbler set up and at 2 weeks i moved them to my rdwc
room.

Attachments

• 20201002_222147.jpg
    20201002_222147.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back