Making some topical cream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not enough yet. I think next time I need to use more beeswax. Set up nicely, but instantly melts to the touch. Think a bit more would be a better consistency

Yummy,,ill be right over. It might take me awhile to hop my *** over there. He he

Very nice Ston. I'm impressed. Let me know the effectiveness, I'm definitely interested in how a topical uptake goes, what you did was really really cool. This may be something that would be useful for my mothers pain....she keeps asking if i will just drop her off some dank, but it is too strong for her to smoke so this may be the perfect way to introduce some cannabis into her system without overpowering effects. The strain i'm smoking now is low thc/ high cbd so it would be a perfect base for a salve. Thanks Ston- you really rock.

It looks great ston-loc! One of my friends and I have been planning on making salve for weeks now and just haven't had time at the same time (maybe tomorrow as it is supposed to rain all day). I am looking to do about like you did. I have popcorn bud, really good shake, and some bubble hash. I have coconut oil, almond oil, beeswax. I think I am going to add some comfrey to mine.

I have heard that emu oil is better to use as it penetrates into the skin deeper...any input on this? I will be using the coconut oil as it is what I have, but if the emu oil is far better, I may invest in some next run.

Thanks for this!

Thanks guys and gals!

You know THG, I heard the same on the emu oil but had the coconut oil already. Not sure where I'd even get that. Maybe look into it a bit more before next time. Probably going to be a while since I've got over 32oz of this stuff for now.

I have a very small amount made with emu oil by a friend of a friend. It works well. At least I will have something to compare it to. I can actually put emu oil on one place and coconut oil on another and see how they compare. The one I have does not have comfrey in it--that should be about the only difference.

I gave Beemer's recipe a try last year. I put everything in a quart Mason jar and then stuck it in a crock pot full of water. I'm telling ya, this stuff works! I liked it so much, when my soon to be 94 year old mother was complaining of her knee giving her hell, I took some over to her. We're both believers.

If you ever try Beemer's recipe, be advised to take a deep breath and hold it before you chuck the menthol crystals in the mix. Gets pretty intense for a minute or two. I made mine out in the garage and was glad I did!:)

I do not really like menthol--don't use it unless I have a cold and can't breathe. Does it have any therapeutic value in the salve? Making salve tomorrow.

I do not really like menthol--don't use it unless I have a cold and can't breathe. Does it have any therapeutic value in the salve? Making salve tomorrow.

You can leave the menthol out if you want. I like it. It seems to open up the pores and has a nice cooling effect. I have made it without before for a patient.

Thanks, Beemer. I think that I just acquaint menthol with being sick. Everytime we were sick as kids, out came the menthol rub. What does the shea butter do? I just noticed that your recipe has it in and I do not have any. If it is important, I can order and make salve later.

I also like Hippie420's method where he put everything in a mason jar. I am only going to make a small amount today. So was thinking that m ight be a better method than cooking in the crock pot. My friend who was going to make it with me is busy today, but I am just all jazzed up to make some, so want to make a bit.

Thinking of making a bit with almond oil as I like the smell so much. Thinking as the oil is thinner at room temps that I would need to add more beeswax?

I almost cry every time I think about all the great trim I threw away over the years before I discovered things like how easy it is to make bubble hash, salves and tinctures. I also have several recipes that I use canna flour in. Can't seem to make cannabutter that I consider edible.

Thanks for the help Ston-loc and Beemer.

No prob thg, it's new to me. First time with this. I think the Shea butter would make it more of a lotion then salve. I know it's a really good moisturizer. I think I needed more beeswax in my mix. Almost too oily. Hey Beemer, is it possible to re heat my mix now and add beeswax since I already added my other aromatic oils? Would it screw anything up re liquefying it?

Thanks, Beemer. I think that I just acquaint menthol with being sick. Everytime we were sick as kids, out came the menthol rub. What does the shea butter do? I just noticed that your recipe has it in and I do not have any. If it is important, I can order and make salve later.

I also like Hippie420's method where he put everything in a mason jar. I am only going to make a small amount today. So was thinking that m ight be a better method than cooking in the crock pot. My friend who was going to make it with me is busy today, but I am just all jazzed up to make some, so want to make a bit.

Thinking of making a bit with almond oil as I like the smell so much. Thinking as the oil is thinner at room temps that I would need to add more beeswax?

I almost cry every time I think about all the great trim I threw away over the years before I discovered things like how easy it is to make bubble hash, salves and tinctures. I also have several recipes that I use canna flour in. Can't seem to make cannabutter that I consider edible.

Thanks for the help Ston-loc and Beemer.

Good morning weed my Hemp Goddess. Ston has it right. shea butter is a really good moisturizer and I put it in for that reason. I have pain in my hands and it works both ways for me. You will have to use more beeswax to get almond oil to firm up but almond is a very good oil for penetration and should work just fine. Doing it Hippies way is a lot easier for small amounts. He used water and when I do a small amount I use coconut oil and I sure there is little difference. Grape seed oil is also a very good penetrant but does cost more.

No prob thg, it's new to me. First time with this. I think the Shea butter would make it more of a lotion then salve. I know it's a really good moisturizer. I think I needed more beeswax in my mix. Almost too oily. Hey Beemer, is it possible to re heat my mix now and add beeswax since I already added my other aromatic oils? Would it screw anything up re liquefying it?

Ston you can reheat with no problems but you may lose some of the essential oils. You should be able to tell after you reheat and add beeswax. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks. I am doing Hippie420's method in the water bath. I added a bit of comfrey and lavender flowers, using coconut oil. I have tea tree and lavender essential oils that I will add. I just love the smell of lavender. I also have problems with my hands and as a plumber, they do get dry and beat up. I will order some shea butter for my next batch.

Decided to thicken it up a bit more. Was too runny for my liking. This is my first time, so test batch of sorts. We'll see how well it works with this consistency. I'm thinking next round will be a bit more concentrated. :48:

View attachment image.jpg

If you can stomach the beeswax brother, :rofl:

Thanks everyone.. Actually have a group of guinea pigs running this first batch. I have my thoughts, that it needs to be stronger. The mrs says she feels a relaxing heat to it.... I'm always high, so it feels,,, ok.... Running this batch out amongst friends, and going to adjust the recipe as needed with the feedback. :)

Latest posts

Back