Making some topical cream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Have been using some, and really like it. It really seems to help with the aches and pains. It's pretty pricey to purchase though, so me and the mrs are going to make some of our own. I found a recipe, and have a question.
It calls out for using 2 ounces of trim. Anyone have any input if I use dry ice hash instead? Going to try the high cbd hash I have, but not sure how much to put in as apposed to 2 ounces of dry trim.. Thanks

I think you may have to wing it. I would see how much bho you have and go from there.

So it is about the consistency. Do you have a link to the recipe? If your using 8 grams, that is 1/7 th of 2 ounces... so i am stoned and doing story problems. LOLOLOL

Do you have enough shake to bring it up to 14 grams total of pot and then just cut the recipe by 3/4 So instead of 32 oz of coconut oil you would use 7 ounces. So cut the amounts in half and then half again to try it out.. What do you think? that is what i would do.

The hash is gonna be way more potent then trim though...

It's for topical cream, not to ingest. Also cooking on low in the crockpot 24 hrs would decarb, no? :stoned:

Beemer makes a topical cream, if I remember right. Will try to steer him your way.

Sorry,,my dumb ace wasnt paying attention to the big Crockpot in the pic. Lol

Good morning weed ston-loc. I have been making salve for a few years and it works great. The link you are using has good info on how to do it but I wouldn't cook it that long. 2 to 3 hours is plenty to get the good stuff into the oil. When you grind it, only grind it to a very rough consistency because if you grind to fine it's a pain to strain. Here is my recipe and if it doesn't make sense just ask.

Very easy to make.

equal amounts, volume wise, bud and coconut oil cooked in my crock at 180F for a few hours. I rough grind the bud first, cook, strain through something like cheese cloth, I used a 120 micron dry ice hash bag, and then I cook in shea butter, beeswax, menthol crystals, tea tree oil as a preservative, and a fragrance of your choice. Great cooling effect and pain relief. I used 2 cups of bud and oil in my mix. I ended up with about 2 cup of oil after straining. I used around 1/3 cup of shea butter and 1/3 cup beeswax plus 4 heaping tablespoons of menthol crystals. After cooking put mix in blender and blend for a few minutes and then pour into containers. These amounts make it harden up to a nice consistency that is easy to use. Try it you'll like it. Edit.. you can play with the beeswax if you want it a little stiffer. Edit: I stopped blending at the end and it really doesn't make much of a difference.

And a a bonus the left over used bud can be used in edibles. Per 1/8 cup of bud put in big chocolate bar. I added some coconut and almonds.

Another edit: When the link states to use 2 oz of shake and you are using dry ice hash, getting the right amount in without wasting to much is something to think about. I figure if you are making hash and only have 2 oz of shake to process, you will probably only get a couple of grams. I use bud and if I was making hash out of it I would get around 5 to 7 grams so the amount you are using is probably a good mix except you are using a lot of oil.

Reactions: MR1
Thanks for the input. Already into it to turn back now, so we'll chalk it up as a learning experiment. It's been off all night while I slept but it's still in the crock pot.

Very nice ston-loc. looks like it set up nicely. have you tried it yet?? :48:

Latest posts

Back