Making the vispectra 400 work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
tried a few different ways of growing under the LED vispectra 400s I have found that the scrog is the only way to go , tried 4 plants normally but only top half of plants matured , tried SOG 12 plants turned early but still had heaps of waste but the SCROG worked great so into my second now, 4 plants OG Kush turned at a foot tall Scroged at 1 week into flower , 2 weeks into flower now they looking happy
IMG_7646.JPG

Hi Guys 6 weeks into flower now, plants looking OK but what is with the colour, this is the 5th grow with this strain all off clones I havnt seen the colour before , The colour is mainly on the smaller buds hard to see with the LED lights but they are bright red ,looks awesome ,but I have no idea of what caused it
IMG_7780.JPG
IMG_7778.JPG

I recall reading somewhere recently that terpenoids affect color. Is it possible that the vispectra lights are changing the temps enough to change the terp profile of your plants? I know when I changed to an LED, my plants needed a lot more nutes which, thinking about it, could affect color too i’d guess. Nice to have a positive ‘oops’. Nice job!

you might be on to something there OF8 it has been real brass monkey weather here so room temp is a lot cooler than normal with the HPS lights it was always hot

I have the opposite problem. My basement, which normally stays cool and humid, is staying around 74 deg(22.5 Celsius I believe) and 60 % rh and I am getting no colors at 8 and a half weeks in flower. Looking forward to cooler weather in the northern hemi...

I have 3 of the viparspectra 900's in my flower room. I have been using this brand for 4 grows now. Observations I have noted are that the lights do seem tp bring out the colors more then I noticed with hps. I also noticed that the plants seem not to stretch so much but also bud size, and therefore total weight, is also smaller.

I have 3 of the viparspectra 900's in my flower room. I have been using this brand for 4 grows now. Observations I have noted are that the lights do seem tp bring out the colors more then I noticed with hps. I also noticed that the plants seem not to stretch so much but also bud size, and therefore total weight, is also smaller.
I agree , I have 2 400s in a 5x4 plants look happy but bud size is down and penetration is not as good as the hps ,scrogging has helped but there is still some buds under that are yellow from lack of light , but power bill is down and the heat in summer is a lot more manageable

One thing I will say, ain't nuttin wrong with they're ability to produce potent trichs!
yeh that is for sure , its all in the smoke and got no beef with that, been some good quality smoke

12 plants might be very crowded. Maybe leave them more space, then they can be bigger and more mature.
Or you could do some defoliation work for the bottom leaves.

Latest posts

Back