Making vape liquid easy way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choxie

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been experimenting with making vape e-liquid. I don't have a press so this is the way in which I did it.

I got cures flower around 8 grams or so then baked them at 240 degrees (my oven fluctuates +/- 10-15 degrees). Decarb temp is around 248 for THC. Anyways I did this for around 40 minutes (probably can get away with less as they smelt a little burnt like popcorn) so next time I'll do 25 minutes.

I then did a very coarse pull apart with my fingers and placed them into a small jar and had just enough pg and vg in equal parts for which I then sous vided the jar at 180 degrees for 1 hour. I strained with cheese cloth and noted that it smelled like burn popcorn (over toasted the flower). I added some terps and loaded it into my vape pen which costs $35.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG20220628183237.jpg
    IMG20220628183237.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20220628191907.jpg
    IMG20220628191907.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20220707153841.jpg
    IMG20220707153841.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20220707154125.jpg
    IMG20220707154125.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20220707155114.jpg
    IMG20220707155114.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20220707155129.jpg
    IMG20220707155129.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
Just as some anecdotal experience, I had some old trim from a couple years ago that had been stored in zip lock bags in my basement(do not properly stored). It was not decarbed. I made some coconut oil cannabutter with it in a slow cooker. I simmered the trim, oil and water for approx 14 hours. Strained the mash like you would for any cannabutter. I ate about a quarter teaspoon(tasted horrible) and I honestly don’t think I have ever been that stoned. For about 6 hours I think. Went to bed and woke up stoned. I can’t say for certain if it was the aging or the slow simmer that basically decarbed the bud but whatever it was, it was certainly decarbed. If I ever get around to trying to make vape juice, I will probably forgo the decarbing step to see how it works. I think I would just try slow cooking the bud/trim with the VG/PG mixture for 12-14 hours(probably like you did in a small sealed mason jar). I think that may in effect sous vide the mixture. It would be interesting to see if that preserved the bud terpenes too. I could likely add terpenes later if there is an unpleasant taste. I am not trying to disrespect your method. I like your sharing the info and it has me itching to try it out. Thanks, choixie.

Just as some anecdotal experience, I had some old trim from a couple years ago that had been stored in zip lock bags in my basement(do not properly stored). It was not decarbed. I made some coconut oil cannabutter with it in a slow cooker. I simmered the trim, oil and water for approx 14 hours. Strained the mash like you would for any cannabutter. I ate about a quarter teaspoon(tasted horrible) and I honestly don’t think I have ever been that stoned. For about 6 hours I think. Went to bed and woke up stoned. I can’t say for certain if it was the aging or the slow simmer that basically decarbed the bud but whatever it was, it was certainly decarbed. If I ever get around to trying to make vape juice, I will probably forgo the decarbing step to see how it works. I think I would just try slow cooking the bud/trim with the VG/PG mixture for 12-14 hours(probably like you did in a small sealed mason jar). I think that may in effect sous vide the mixture. It would be interesting to see if that preserved the bud terpenes too. I could likely add terpenes later if there is an unpleasant taste. I am not trying to disrespect your method. I like your sharing the info and it has me itching to try it out. Thanks, choixie.
Actually that's probably a better idea!

I mean supposedly the conversion takes place at 248 degrees but it's probably just at a much slower rate at lower temps but when my bud is literally getting crispy like I fried it, makes me cry inside lol!

I should sous vide it at 180 for a few hours and see what happens

So it burned ok in your pen?
Did it taste burnt from over decarbing?

I was not able to buy your pen but the guy at the vape shop said this one would work.
I just have never used a pen before and the directions were not in English. I have all the ingredients now. I have a magical butter machine which may help as I found a couple of recipes using it. I will do a little more research on the decarbing for the purpose of smoking in a pen. Thanks for posting this. I’ll post what I come up with too.

Attachments

• 4A8B9D7B-F352-4B53-BC84-0118FA4AD07F.jpeg
    4A8B9D7B-F352-4B53-BC84-0118FA4AD07F.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CCF4C18A-4A20-4903-8D9E-4577A602FE4D.jpeg
    CCF4C18A-4A20-4903-8D9E-4577A602FE4D.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't think it matters what pen you have as I was crossed between like 10 of them. As long as it has a big resivoir and it burns then temp you want then it's all good. I smelled my e-liquid and it smelt bad so I didn't event want to try to smoke it solo so I threw in the berry terps and it's great! There's nicotine in it so it's just like smoking hookah to be honest.

I don't think it matters what pen you have as I was crossed between like 10 of them. As long as it has a big resivoir and it burns then temp you want then it's all good. I smelled my e-liquid and it smelt bad so I didn't event want to try to smoke it solo so I threw in the berry terps and it's great! There's nicotine in it so it's just like smoking hookah to be honest.
Was wondering how much plant matter you ended up with in your juice with just straining with cheese cloth and would it clog up the pen at some point? The butter machine never gets enough of the plant matter out for me in my tincture so I end up filtering it a couple extra times in coffee filters. I don’t know anything about the pens or what the juice consistency should be either. Is it suppose to be thick or thin?

Was wondering how much plant matter you ended up with in your juice with just straining with cheese cloth and would it clog up the pen at some point? The butter machine never gets enough of the plant matter out for me in my tincture so I end up filtering it a couple extra times in coffee filters. I don’t know anything about the pens or what the juice consistency should be either. Is it suppose to be thick or thin?
Use a reg coffee filter it will screen out the big stuff and allow all good Materials to pass through Or a pressure filter
1657457006142.png

Ok, my kitchen is about to turn into a laboratory. Got all the ingredients to make some vegetable based tincture as my son in law is having a problem with the alcohol based stuff that he loves but the chemo is keeping his stomach in such a fix with nausea and vomiting that he can’t use it. I’m also using some of the tincture to make some vape juice. The herb is in decarbing now and my house is smelling to high heaven. Pretty good actually 😁
B68850F5-1CAC-4709-B926-812354DB9873.jpeg

Ok, my kitchen is about to turn into a laboratory. Got all the ingredients to make some vegetable based tincture as my son in law is having a problem with the alcohol based stuff that he loves but the chemo is keeping his stomach in such a fix with nausea and vomiting that he can’t use it. I’m also using some of the tincture to make some vape juice. The herb is in decarbing now and my house is smelling to high heaven. Pretty good actually 😁
View attachment 302934
There is another way
Make a coconut infused oil that can be taken by dropper or in a capsule . You need virgin coconut oil and already made tincture using 190 proof alcohol. Once you have the tincture you add it to the oil on a low heat and watch the bubbles , when all the bubbles stop the alcohol has been boiled of and the THC is now infused to the oil molecules .

There is another way
Make a coconut infused oil that can be taken by dropper or in a capsule . You need virgin coconut oil and already made tincture using 190 proof alcohol. Once you have the tincture you add it to the oil on a low heat and watch the bubbles , when all the bubbles stop the alcohol has been boiled of and the THC is now infused to the oil molecules .
You can use MCT oil as well. Same deal to boil off the alcohol.

Well actually my first experiment was to make some vape juice to smoke in a pen which I never tried but know several folks that do. Found a recipe using the magical butter machine using VG and PG. it makes a lot but you can use the tincture made with for many other uses such as for a sweetener or to add in food drinks or just to use under your tongue etc. to make the vape juice, you just add the PG to your tincture. They advise a 50/50 to start with then adjust to your taste and cloud formation after that. So really first. They also say that coconut oil or other oils will not make a good vape juice…. Some people I know only use a vape pen to get high like my little brother who will burn a Marley with me but doesn’t want to deal with the smell. He always has his cart in his pocket. I can’t see myself using it on a regular basis like him but do see where it would be a nice alternative at times. Just trying some new bush doctor stuff 😊

Latest posts

Back