Making vape liquid easy way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in you with the vape part! Oil doesn't combust the same way as water based things do. Think of dabbing vs vape pen however even that isn't really correct since it doesn't have excess oils just the THC.

I also dislike how long it takes when it's eaten and the absorption is kind of hard for me to get just right since food and other stuff seems to delay how rapidly it gets into the blood stream.

Vape pens are consistent, smooth and don't leave a mess.

Ok, my kitchen is about to turn into a laboratory. Got all the ingredients to make some vegetable based tincture as my son in law is having a problem with the alcohol based stuff that he loves but the chemo is keeping his stomach in such a fix with nausea and vomiting that he can’t use it. I’m also using some of the tincture to make some vape juice. The herb is in decarbing now and my house is smelling to high heaven. Pretty good actually 😁
View attachment 302934
Did yours smell like burn popcorn?

I used a toaster oven and maybe mine was just a bit too close to the heating element and then burned.

I'm in you with the vape part! Oil doesn't combust the same way as water based things do. Think of dabbing vs vape pen however even that isn't really correct since it doesn't have excess oils just the THC.

I also dislike how long it takes when it's eaten and the absorption is kind of hard for me to get just right since food and other stuff seems to delay how rapidly it gets into the blood stream.

Vape pens are consistent, smooth and don't leave a mess.
That VG is very sweet I was surprised how sweet it was when I added it to the MBM. I set it on the 8 hour setting to get as much THC as I could out. I’m really not sure of how thin vape juice is tho. Maybe like baby oil? Or thicker? Maybe more like water? The recipe suggest 50/50 but also says to make it as thick as vape juice.. was yours thick?

That VG is very sweet I was surprised how sweet it was when I added it to the MBM. I set it on the 8 hour setting to get as much THC as I could out. I’m really not sure of how thin vape juice is tho. Maybe like baby oil? Or thicker? Maybe more like water? The recipe suggest 50/50 but also says to make it as thick as vape juice.. was yours thick?
50/50 is pretty much like the stuff I buy at the shops in the past. Should be like umm I guess cannola oil ish viscosity?

For me, edibles effects last longer. I had a small brownie in my smoothie at lunch time and my joints are still feeling ok. Smoking only lasts a couple of hours at most(but is very quickly acting). I have vaped dry bud and something is missing from the buzz for me. I may see if vape juice is different at some point though.

I read somewhere that PG gives a bigger cloud on exhale but VG has a better taste(probably because of the sweetness).

I don't have baby oil so I don't have much to compare but people run 40/60, 50/50 and 60/40 depending on preference. I had to add terps to get it where I need. Kind of defeats growing all these fruity strains like purple punch, sour apple and runtz.
I'm going to bake the weed with my oven instead of my toaster oven for better temp control (I think it burned the flower and thus tasted like burnt popcorn).
I'm not sure if the e-liquid we buy has added terps or not, but it's very flavorful.

50/50 is pretty much like the stuff I buy at the shops in the past. Should be like umm I guess cannola oil ish viscosity?
The stuff I made worked in the pen I bought. Makes me cough tho. Wondering if more VG which is where the tincture is anyway would help the cough thing. Maybe I’m smoking it the wrong way. I’m doin MTL (mouth to lung) rather than DL (direct lung) I smoke cigs that way but not marleys…

I don't have baby oil so I don't have much to compare but people run 40/60, 50/50 and 60/40 depending on preference. I had to add terps to get it where I need. Kind of defeats growing all these fruity strains like purple punch, sour apple and runtz.
I'm going to bake the weed with my oven instead of my toaster oven for better temp control (I think it burned the flower and thus tasted like burnt popcorn).
I'm not sure if the e-liquid we buy has added terps or not, but it's very flavorful.
I can taste my GDP really good. I don’t much like those flavors. I was careful not to make your mistake. Thanks for the warning 😊That’s why I never liked the pen to try to get off cigs. They didn’t have a Marlboro light flavor.

The stuff I made worked in the pen I bought. Makes me cough tho. Wondering if more VG which is where the tincture is anyway would help the cough thing. Maybe I’m smoking it the wrong way. I’m doin MTL (mouth to lung) rather than DL (direct lung) I smoke cigs that way but not marleys…
View attachment 303088
I can't remember which one makes it thicker, but try doing
View attachment 303088
Maybe try a high ratio of PG like even as high as 80/20 without the flower just as a tester to see what works best.

I just take small tiny hits like 1/4 puff since it's much thicker than the stuff I would buy at dispensaries.

That's great submarinegirl! Did you just use an oven or what did you change? I still have a ton of my burnt mixture lol

That’s why I never liked the pen to try to get off cigs. They didn’t have a Marlboro light flavor.
Vape helped me kick a 44 year habit. I had switched from cigarettes to a pipe, and I burned cherry tobacco it. Small jump to a cherry flavored vape juice. I'd be a liar if I said I hate the smell of a cigarette burning or tobacco on someone's clothes or breath, but the 24mg vape juice takes all the sting outta not smoking cigs. I'm at the stage now that I could cut back on the nicotine level of my juice.

Vape helped me kick a 44 year habit. I had switched from cigarettes to a pipe, and I burned cherry tobacco it. Small jump to a cherry flavored vape juice. I'd be a liar if I said I hate the smell of a cigarette burning or tobacco on someone's clothes or breath, but the 24mg vape juice takes all the sting outta not smoking cigs. I'm at the stage now that I could cut back on the nicotine level of my juice.
If I could smoke it without coughing maybe I could kick the nasty cig habit too. It’s probably my lungs rejecting the vapor I don’t know. I’m gonna experiment a bit with the weed pen

I can't remember which one makes it thicker, but try doing

Maybe try a high ratio of PG like even as high as 80/20 without the flower just as a tester to see what works best.

I just take small tiny hits like 1/4 puff since it's much thicker than the stuff I would buy at dispensaries.

That's great submarinegirl! Did you just use an oven or what did you change? I still have a ton of my burnt mixture lol
Yes I used my regular oven 240 for abut 25 minutes ish depending on how dry your weed is I used all buds so it took the 25 minutes gotta keep an eye on it tho. I’ve over done it too but not popcorn overdone 😁. Yes it turned out pretty thick. I haven’t tried to change it yet but gave my son-in-law a tube of it to try it out as he is use to smoking weed with a pen. He will give me a better idea of how it works. I try it now again to get the hang of it but usually end up cough on the exhale. I’d much prefer a Marley or even my glass blunt. Something about that vapor…

Hi guys I've been experimenting with making vape e-liquid. I don't have a press so this is the way in which I did it.

I got cures flower around 8 grams or so then baked them at 240 degrees (my oven fluctuates +/- 10-15 degrees). Decarb temp is around 248 for THC. Anyways I did this for around 40 minutes (probably can get away with less as they smelt a little burnt like popcorn) so next time I'll do 25 minutes.

I then did a very coarse pull apart with my fingers and placed them into a small jar and had just enough pg and vg in equal parts for which I then sous vided the jar at 180 degrees for 1 hour. I strained with cheese cloth and noted that it smelled like burn popcorn (over toasted the flower). I added some terps and loaded it into my vape pen which costs $35.

Cheers!
U didn’t say how it tasted…? Regardless it seems to work for you 😃 that’s great…
I’m not a big fan off VG PG etc etc and other emulsifiers
So I go the long way…for a pure cannabinoid oil As long as I use a
C cell type cartridge & 3.7 v pin setting.

This article got me to where I am today & couldn’t be happier, It’s like the 1970s with good Hash Oil all over again—
Great Article:
June 28, 2017
CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER
Google it !

Here’s what I do, yes it’s long, but very simple once you do it once or twice !
Taste is outstanding and no decarb necessary.
My pure oil technique:

—Homemade (licensed MO Medical Cultivator)

I usually use about 12 to 14 ounces Generic Everclear 190proof to 1 ounce lightly ground very dry herb (low moisture content)… 25 minute mix soak time, after the Herb & Generic Everclear we’re 1st sub-cooled both in separate mason jars which were cooled to
-50/-60f range in a sealed cooler with Dry-ice on a screen placed above herb & generic Everclear jars (dry ice gas evaporates downward as it is heavier than air, minus 115f temp over mason filled jars.)

Why so cold—““”You might say that the fats and waxes are slowed to an extraction crawl, but the Cannabinoid oils will extract at a fast past walk vs crawl— basically you’re just freezing everything out you don’t want !!!””

(extremely important to keep -50f or Minimum of -40f until “1st filtering”completed)””,

Of course alcohol and herb are in separate Mason jars at this point cooling down.… Once The alcohol and herb are sub cooled & combined (mixed in 1 jar) gentle stir 3 or 4 times during 25 minute soak, & shut cooler lid fast to keep mixture sub cooled…VERY IMPORTANT.
Note: Place alcohol and herb in the freezer for a night before doing the sub cooling.

((4 Ozs of herb Max per run for me, Grind herbs using kitchen “glass peanut hand grinder”— comes out about twice the size of joint material or what ever u have to grind, I would not use a herb grinder, Personally I think it grinds it too small.

—1st Filtering: After soaking herb/alcohol 25 min …filter the alcohol extraction off “very fast” while still sub-chilled cold using 75um filter. (I use ice Hash bubble bags, they separate alcohol oil wash
“VERY” fast or use silkscreen material (Readily available),

filter into glass Pyrex bowl/dish. I find these Pyrex dishes used at Goodwill or Savors.

—2nd filtering into another Pyrex dish use a 25um filter (use the 25 µm bubble bag or a brown coffee filter which is also 25 µm, this removes the remaining sediment), Obviously the first filtering is the “most important” (remember the whole purpose of the super low freezing temperature is to isolate all of the “”fats, waxes chlorophyll, & other undesirables”
that you “DO NOT want in your Vape oil”)…
Now if done correctly, you have a Golden liquid…
Evaporate Golden tincture in Pyrex dish using controlled temp hot plate or electric skillet & add several drops water helps keep the oil from over heating (Or let it evaporate naturally in the sun covered with cheese cloth, and no you will not degrade THC In a short period) I like to keep skillet temperature under 160f this keeps the alcohol usually under 140f… I preserve many Terps, but I am not a Terp hunter !!!

“”MUST Have a Fan”” on & blowing over dish if utilizing heat, NO NO NO open flames… keep well ventilated
fan fan fan…Or again let it evaporate naturally and finish it off on a coffee pot warmer or alternative.
&
When the alcohol mixture has reduced to a couple of ounces, pour it into a very small glass thick jar that you plan on storing the oil in. (Like a used Penzi spice jar I love these little easy to access jars)…

(you will also use this jar to remove all of the remaining alcohol and whatever water is in it, I do this by putting it on the hot plate of my coffee machine or a skillet keep temperature under 160°, this is the “longest”process step because you occasionally stir the oil with a toothpick to see if there’s …“any any any”micro bubbles, if so you are “not done”… can’t stress this enough…!

Have patience, because you are not done until those micro bubbles are gone and I mean micro !

(for those of you that want to argue,
food grade alcohol & water pickup is 100% evaporated @ this point).

Fill a nice C Cell cartridge and have fun
with your adjustable Vape pen set at 3.7 V…(( I Sometimes use a small amount of PG/PEG 1Gr To 5Gr ratio as a thinner, but not very often, when the oil is pure like this free of undesirables you really don’t need it… and yes occasionally I will add some passionfruit Terps))

Done

U didn’t say how it tasted…? Regardless it seems to work for you 😃 that’s great…
I’m not a big fan off VG PG etc etc and other emulsifiers
So I go the long way…for a pure cannabinoid oil As long as I use a
C cell type cartridge & 3.7 v pin setting.

This article got me to where I am today & couldn’t be happier, It’s like the 1970s with good Hash Oil all over again—
Great Article:
June 28, 2017
CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER
Google it !

Here’s what I do, yes it’s long, but very simple once you do it once or twice !
Taste is outstanding and no decarb necessary.
My pure oil technique:

—Homemade (licensed MO Medical Cultivator)

I usually use about 12 to 14 ounces Generic Everclear 190proof to 1 ounce lightly ground very dry herb (low moisture content)… 25 minute mix soak time, after the Herb & Generic Everclear we’re 1st sub-cooled both in separate mason jars which were cooled to
-50/-60f range in a sealed cooler with Dry-ice on a screen placed above herb & generic Everclear jars (dry ice gas evaporates downward as it is heavier than air, minus 115f temp over mason filled jars.)

Why so cold—““”You might say that the fats and waxes are slowed to an extraction crawl, but the Cannabinoid oils will extract at a fast past walk vs crawl— basically you’re just freezing everything out you don’t want !!!””

(extremely important to keep -50f or Minimum of -40f until “1st filtering”completed)””,

Of course alcohol and herb are in separate Mason jars at this point cooling down.… Once The alcohol and herb are sub cooled & combined (mixed in 1 jar) gentle stir 3 or 4 times during 25 minute soak, & shut cooler lid fast to keep mixture sub cooled…VERY IMPORTANT.
Note: Place alcohol and herb in the freezer for a night before doing the sub cooling.

((4 Ozs of herb Max per run for me, Grind herbs using kitchen “glass peanut hand grinder”— comes out about twice the size of joint material or what ever u have to grind, I would not use a herb grinder, Personally I think it grinds it too small.

—1st Filtering: After soaking herb/alcohol 25 min …filter the alcohol extraction off “very fast” while still sub-chilled cold using 75um filter. (I use ice Hash bubble bags, they separate alcohol oil wash
“VERY” fast or use silkscreen material (Readily available),

filter into glass Pyrex bowl/dish. I find these Pyrex dishes used at Goodwill or Savors.

—2nd filtering into another Pyrex dish use a 25um filter (use the 25 µm bubble bag or a brown coffee filter which is also 25 µm, this removes the remaining sediment), Obviously the first filtering is the “most important” (remember the whole purpose of the super low freezing temperature is to isolate all of the “”fats, waxes chlorophyll, & other undesirables”
that you “DO NOT want in your Vape oil”)…
Now if done correctly, you have a Golden liquid…
Evaporate Golden tincture in Pyrex dish using controlled temp hot plate or electric skillet & add several drops water helps keep the oil from over heating (Or let it evaporate naturally in the sun covered with cheese cloth, and no you will not degrade THC In a short period) I like to keep skillet temperature under 160f this keeps the alcohol usually under 140f… I preserve many Terps, but I am not a Terp hunter !!!

“”MUST Have a Fan”” on & blowing over dish if utilizing heat, NO NO NO open flames… keep well ventilated
fan fan fan…Or again let it evaporate naturally and finish it off on a coffee pot warmer or alternative.
&
When the alcohol mixture has reduced to a couple of ounces, pour it into a very small glass thick jar that you plan on storing the oil in. (Like a used Penzi spice jar I love these little easy to access jars)…

(you will also use this jar to remove all of the remaining alcohol and whatever water is in it, I do this by putting it on the hot plate of my coffee machine or a skillet keep temperature under 160°, this is the “longest”process step because you occasionally stir the oil with a toothpick to see if there’s …“any any any”micro bubbles, if so you are “not done”… can’t stress this enough…!

Have patience, because you are not done until those micro bubbles are gone and I mean micro !

(for those of you that want to argue,
food grade alcohol & water pickup is 100% evaporated @ this point).

Fill a nice C Cell cartridge and have fun
with your adjustable Vape pen set at 3.7 V…(( I Sometimes use a small amount of PG/PEG 1Gr To 5Gr ratio as a thinner, but not very often, when the oil is pure like this free of undesirables you really don’t need it… and yes occasionally I will add some passionfruit Terps))

Done
Wow really long reply!
Well my first batch I burnt it since I was using a toaster oven and the temp went waaaay above 240.
Submarinegirl did it in a regular oven at 240 for 25 minutes and she said she can easily taste the terps.

Honestly that's too many steps for me and the highest proof I can buy here in california is 60% or 120 proof.

Wow really long reply!
Well my first batch I burnt it since I was using a toaster oven and the temp went waaaay above 240.
Submarinegirl did it in a regular oven at 240 for 25 minutes and she said she can easily taste the terps.

Honestly that's too many steps for me and the highest proof I can buy here in california

is 60% or 120
Wow really long reply!

Honestly that's too many steps for me and the highest proof I can buy here in california is 60% or 120 proof.
Bummer…well at least u have complete legalization 🎶😎🎶

Wow really long reply!

Yes choxie your method is easy and does work in my refillable pen. I can taste the GDP which is very tasty rolled up in a doobie too. I was really glad I could taste my good weed. Still I prefer just rolling one up but my son in law likes it.
I would be afraid to make the one with alcohol as my chemistry skills are lacking and don’t want to take a chance burning my lungs
my favorite tincture is made with grain alcohol tho

Latest posts

Back