Male or Female?? Better pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
Please help identify these 2 autos. Flowering 5 or 6 weeks I believe. Gave my buddy a couple and they look exactly the same. Do you think these are male or female?

010.JPG

032.JPG

018.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

030.JPG

:yeahthat:

I believe I gave my input in atleast 2 of your other posts...peeps frown on mass posts on the same subgect...they look female as they have trichs...they still look to be revegging...but then Ive never seen an Auto reveg...you may have that Grail????

yes,these are the same 2 autos as 61549,61550and61546.someone had asked for pictures of the whole plant for better I.D.also i did not get an unaminous response as MALE or FEMALE so i thought i would add a few more closeups to HOPEFULLY reach a unamimous decision.sorry for repeat,just wanted to know...

You can add pics in response on the same thread, just go advanced. Also they do look like started flowers that are re-vegging. Did you buy these seeds as autos? Hmmm

thanks stan-loc, yes, these are positivly both AFGHAN KUSH autos got from single seed. they are short, 20 inches as autos go.they begain to flower almost overnight.gave 2 to a friend. says they are almost identical but 2-3 in. shorter than mine.Sorry for repeat but new to this and WAS puzzled.what do you think will happen next???im on east coast.thanks

Just let 'em keep on growin and see what happens the summer solstice just happened (longest day of the year) so in week or two(maybe a few days) you'll be able to tell for sure what the sex is.. It's a pretty big difference between the "balls" and pistils.

Newbietoo said:
thanks stan-loc, yes, these are positivly both AFGHAN KUSH autos got from single seed. they are short, 20 inches as autos go.they begain to flower almost overnight.gave 2 to a friend. says they are almost identical but 2-3 in. shorter than mine.Sorry for repeat but new to this and WAS puzzled.what do you think will happen next???im on east coast.thanks

You may have postitively purchased Afghan Kush autos, but I am beginning to think that that is not what you got or that they are not autoing. By 5-6 weeks flowering, autos should be bursting out with either pistils or balls. Sometimes seed banks make a mistake OR sometimes, autos simply do not auto.

i think they followed exactly what autos do until about 5 week of flower. then started to re-veg.now are frozen in time.my buddys are exact same but shorter,maybe 15 inches or so.i broke a branch,my bad,checked tric. loaded but clear in color.couldn't get high.again i believe these to be autos but either shock of transplant or put out so early,they went to re-veg.now are frozen in time.

Sorry but a true auto will NOT reveg, since it flowers on age rather then light itself the light cycle wouldn't hurt it...

Sounds like a crappy gentics or regular seeds instead of fem auto's.

sometimes they don't breed them back to the auto side enough to get a good majority of that auto'ing gene per seed...so to speak...so it could easily be in the reveg (which it sure looks like to me)...and in need of 12/12...

hmm, I've never had an auto reveg on me and I've ran quite a few and seen others grow without problems..

Sorry bout the luck with those, But then again.. they can turn out being HUGE lol.

(didn't mean to sound like a **** in the first post.. Just re-read it and it looks like it.. sorry.)

I hve gone down this road before with a Pakistani auto that never auto flowered. True autos will not reveg under any circumstance. I wound up treating it like a regular photo period plant and put it under a 12-12 light schedule to induce flowering. Good news was it was great smoke and I took clones and ran her a cpl times before letting her go. If you are growing outdoors you will just hve to let her ride it out till she is done. This is just yet another reason I dont bother with autos anymore. Jmo

I do recommend giving a flash babalyon a try. She is a very very nice auto.. Impressed the heck out of me.. Tried a buddies that was under a 150w hps in a 1x1.. Very nice high for an auto! and she sure would of made fgreat hash.. Frostier than a snowflake

reason went with a couple autos was got a freebee (BCN diesel auto).it was SPECTACULAR.only 3 ft. tall but buds 16 inches long and big as a coke can.started 1 this year, didn't make it.last year had 2 plants 13 ft.tall. had many more buds but none nearly as impressive as BCN diesel.

For me they look female.
can see pistols and trics..
I wonder if you have accidentlay got them fertilixed and they are actually produnicng seeds?
Either by another male of by itslef if it got stressed in to a hemaphrodite

Latest posts

Back