Male or female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
I've been reading threads about determining sex before flowering but still unsure how to tell...I took some pics of my baby to see if anyone could tell its sex yet. It is a clone and was transplanted April 1, 2011.

m o f 1.jpg

m o f 2.jpg

m o f 3.jpg

Pic two and three look female.

Congrats!

Good luck to you.

I agree with tc, pic 2 sure looks female. Congrats.

Also in pic 2, it looks like you have a calcium def going on there, I would advise getting it sorted out before flowering.

Green mojo on its way Trojan. W

Thanks fellas. Do you all think it's a hermie because all three photos are of the same plant. I just had the mother plants hermie on me but not sure if it was pollenated or in the genetics.

woodydude said:
I agree with tc, pic 2 sure looks female. Congrats.

Also in pic 2, it looks like you have a calcium def going on there, I would advise getting it sorted out before flowering.

Green mojo on its way Trojan. W

What do you think I should use to correct? Right now I'm using Fox Farms 3 part regiment. I started feeding a little late and the whole stem was purple at one point but now has started to turn green again.

I don't think its Bernie, first pic just doesn't show enough to say its female. Congrats on the lady, mojo at ya

The reason I suggested there may be cal deficiency was the leaf on pic 2 has some "rust spots". http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53717
Often a calcium deficiency is actually caused by something else causing a lockout. This can often be ph related. So I would first suggest making sure your ph is in the right zone, no point trying to correct anything unless ph is correct. For soil, it should be in the 6.3 to 6.8 range (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908)
If ph is ok, your nutes have the right balance of nutrients so it should correct itself but the existing damage may remain.
I would recommend you bookmark the 2 links above, they have saved my plants on numerous occasions, along with this one by Hick http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1956

If you do need to try and add calcium, calmag is probably the most common additive but you can also buy liquid calcium and to correct a magnesium deficiency, epsom salts is often used (I use it as a foliar spray when needed).

Keep an eye on it and hopefully it wont get any worse or spread to other parts of the plant.
Let us know how things go, especially the sex of this plant, I dont see anything to suggest is is a hermie but it is not flowering yet.
If the mother of this plant hermied or is from bagseed, watch it closely and keep everything crossed, use it as a learning experience and try to get some good genetics.

Stay frosty fella. W

Aw man thanks a lot!!!! It is definitely a learning experience...

Looks like all woman if those are all the same plant....congrats.

Raise and treat them ladies nice and they will reward you:aok:

I'm a little confused--if these came from a female why would you think they could be male?

They look female, however, if the mother of these plants hermied, there is a good chance that the clone will hermie also.

Trojan46312 said:
I've been reading threads about determining sex before flowering but still unsure how to tell...I took some pics of my baby to see if anyone could tell its sex yet. It is a clone and was transplanted April 1, 2011.

if it was a clone, wasn't it already a female?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm a little confused--if these came from a female why would you think they could be male?

They look female, however, if the mother of these plants hermied, there is a good chance that the clone will hermie also.

Yeah, you told me that in another post about the mother plant which is in flower. I heeded your advice and did more research and found that sometimes plants grow balls late in flower in effort to pollenate themselves. Many people said they just pull them off and have seedless buds. I'm just hoping this is the case as I haven't seen any more balls show up yet. The buds seem to still grow. On top of that, I may have removed another plant that was male too late. I'm wishful thinking that's all. I'm going to chop early at 60 days and see what happens. I don't have money for more beans rt now :)

Rosebud said:
if it was a clone, wasn't it already a female?

I sincerely hope it was a female that got stressed or pollenated accidentally. To answer your question, I didn't know if it was a female before I cloned it because I had a pack of regular seeds from attitude. I cloned before flower and kept the clones whose mothers appeared to be female. I killed the male clones so now I'm down to a few females and trying to hold on to them if I can :)

Good luck. I have never had any experience with hermies yet. I am knocking on wood. That has to be so sad when that happens.

Rosebud said:
Good luck. I have never had any experience with hermies yet. I am knocking on wood. That has to be so sad when that happens.

Yeah I'm devastated but we live and learn...thanks man!

Latest posts

Back