male plant ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jackie-O would get some nanners between 65-70 days...I would pick the off and push her to 70 days but every once in awhile I would get a few seeds

the seeds did not hurt the potency or taste of the herb , the seeds were frowned upon buy dispensary buyers so it usually went the way of the bootleggers

unless you know the potency of the weed it is a gamble removing sacks because you will miss some and you will have some seeds

Jackie-O would get some nanners between 65-70 days...I would pick the off and push her to 70 days but every once in awhile I would get a few seeds

the seeds did not hurt the potency or taste of the herb , the seeds were frowned upon buy dispensary buyers so it usually went the way of the bootleggers

unless you know the potency of the weed it is a gamble removing sacks because you will miss some and you will have some seeds
Good point. I grew the same Jackie-O as you. Mine would show manners at about 8 weeks. I spent quite a bit of time picking nanners and always had seeds at harvest...about 63 days. Never saw pollen dust once. And no problems ever except explaining the seeds.

On the other hand the same thing happened on another strain except this time the nanners we're viable. I ended up with yellow pollen in my flower tent ......I was not a happy camper.

Today if I see nanners or seeds I find another strain. I have seen nanners and seeds many times and no problem...but that one time was enough.

Very early, the male pre-flower (early pollen sacs) simply looks like a more round version than the female pre-flower part. It is often referred to as a “spade”, like the spade suit in cards – quatty with a bulbous bottom and very slight tip. As it becomes slightly larger, the male pre-flower resembles a ball at the end of a stick. The male pre-flower is called a staminate.

Hey bro @WeedHopper
How do you get seeds off a Male (yer pulling male sacks ) No clue here
Or is he trying to ask if yer female threw a few nanners and was wondering if it would finish if I plucked nanners

answer really makes no sense

Peace GT

Last edited:
of course you can smoke Males I have had males
pretty damn potent

But the Question was If it would continue as a female if he pulled male parts , just saying

Peace GT

Male cannabis plants serve an important purpose in cultivation. When it comes to psychoactive cannabis, people have historically sought out female plants, often discarding the male plants. Not only would male plants pollinate any nearby female plants in the vicinity (with the effect of producing seed rather than flower, which is not ideal unless you’re breeding), but they would also take up valuable time and space in small grow operations.

It can, but I agree, playing with fire. If this happened to me early in flower, I'd toss it. if it happened mid to late flower I'd remove them and keep pushing checking her every time I watered 3 days apart.. no sense in walking away from good weed.. hehe.

Big difference between a full on hermie and a late flowering plant throwing nanners. some strains, like Jackie-0 have such survival instincts within it's own genetics makeup it throws nanners early to assure it lives on.. I'm guessing.

whilst some only show this trait when over flowering them... slippery slope

Only seen that a few times and it was late flower with a few nanners. Pinched them off and moved on. Both times it was bagseed. But both times it was some good smoke too.

Latest posts

Back