Male Pollen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactight

MOUNTIAN DEW
Reaction score
I have a question.I clipped 8 steams off a male that I got put them into water put a clean mirior under it to catch the pollen that falls.It has been 2 weeks and 4 days now.Acouple of the male pods have fallen off.But thats it.Will I know when the sacks open up?What does the pollen look like?Color?etc. and I will be storing it in a black film container with a little flower or rice and then put into the firg. Hope that there might be acouple pics of some pods open??? Thanks for all the help out there:woohoo:

The pollen is yellow and it's like dust. Take a credit card and scrape gently at the mirror and see if you get a line of yellow dust.

I just did that nothing yellow YET!! just some regular dust so about how long does it take for these to open?

mactight said:
I just did that nothing yellow YET!! just some regular dust so about how long does it take for these to open?

When i had my first grow on, i found that with a little breeze this brought about the pods opening. I think its probably something to do with wind dispersal and the plant takes the oppurtunity to disperse the pollen. Just an idea- some of the more experienced growers will be able to be more accurate!

I just cut my lil male indica about 3-4weeks before its time and I have been picking pollen sacs for about 1 month now.Then I put them on White Carboard and let them open here's some pics bud hope they help.
Peace

pollen.JPG

Pollen sac opened.JPG

mactight said:
I have a question.I clipped 8 steams off a male that I got put them into water put a clean mirior under it to catch the pollen that falls.It has been 2 weeks and 4 days now.Acouple of the male pods have fallen off.But thats it.Will I know when the sacks open up?What does the pollen look like?Color?etc. and I will be storing it in a black film container with a little flower or rice and then put into the firg. Hope that there might be acouple pics of some pods open??? Thanks for all the help out there:woohoo:

What lighting squedule are they on?

wow can you collect some pollen sacks or w.e and then use them next year or something on your females.

I collected the Pollen itself and hope to store until I get the right Female.The only reason I collected the pollen was because that plant grew very well in my environment.
Peace

I want to thank you ALL for the advise and words of wisdom.As of tonight they still havent opened yet.and one of the ladies I am going to pollenate is just starting her third week of flowering so I need this pods to open soon so I can have some nice seeds at harvest time.If I am not mistaken dont you need atleast 5 weeks for the seeds to grow properly?

Hi guys

just a quick question, im planning on collecting some pollen to try to cross breed, once the pollen is collected how do i pollinate a different strain? is it like using a fine artist paint brush and dab the pollen on the flower?

Hippy

HippyInEngland said:
Hi guys

just a quick question, im planning on collecting some pollen to try to cross breed, once the pollen is collected how do i pollinate a different strain? is it like using a fine artist paint brush and dab the pollen on the flower?

Hippy
..."yup"..

mactight said:
If I am not mistaken dont you need atleast 5 weeks for the seeds to grow properly?

i'd say try to give them at least 6 if you can....if you only pollinate 1 or 2 branches you could harvest all but those 2 branches and leave them in an extra week or 2....you'll find that you get a lot more viable seeds with just the little extra time....

thc content of pollen? ive heard that the if bees use weed's pollen they can making honey that stones you

yung buddha said:
thc content of pollen? ive heard that the if bees use weed's pollen they can making honey that stones you

Now there is a good one...:hubba: I dont think I'll buy that one tho.:D

Since we are on the topic of harvesting pollen I am going to toss out my question...

A month or two ago, my fiance's dog ate my LR seedlings. (you can imagine how I felt...) I took them all for dead and just forgot about them. The other day, I was walking past where they once were, and found two of them with balls! Small little plants, but they are males! I was planning on bringing them inside once it cools down a little more, but I just found white flys on them. So I scratched that plan.

So, my question... How large do the pollen sacs have to be before they contain pollen? The best way I can think of harvesting this pollen for indoor use is by pulling the balls myself. Any help folks?

your willing to pull a males balls with your fingers?

You need to let the sacs swell, its like a big empty balloon, you will tell when they are about to open because the leaf section protecting the pollen starts to crack, simply take the balls off and place on a folded bit of paper (V shape) for a week and let them start to dry and the pollen will come out if you shake tham about a little

Hippy

I see a few starting to "crack"... maybe. They have little finger like structures protruding out of the ends of the bananas.

Latest posts

Back