Male separation during pre-flowering stage

stickyfingers

Reaction score
I have read a lot of information on this and other websites and am learning a lot. I am new to the subject and am going through my first trial. Everything I read says to separate the males ASAP and kill them, but some articles indicate that it may take a little bit to determine if a plant is male or female. To start out with, they look a little similar to my untrained eye.

I have 3 different strains growing. In one strain, I have seen some definite females with the little hairs, but am not sure about the others. The other 2 strains all look the same and only have pre-sex showing at the nodes.

I am on my 2nd day of flowering light cycle. How long can I wait to see if the other plants develop the hairs before considering them male and eliminating them? I don't want to risk any pollenation release.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
gender will be easily identified before pollen drops.

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
Definatley... if it is a male there will be male flowers EVERYWHERE... looks like hemorroids or somethin.

lefty

Reaction score
i need to no about the sex thing. it looks pretty simple but i aint seeing nothing on my plants is there any thing to c b-4 the hairs or male flowers?

Latest posts