Man gets 12 years for giving daughters pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
A Grand Junction man who admitted to regularly providing marijuana for his two daughters, ages 6 and 7, was sentenced Wednesday to serve 12 years in prison.

District Judge Valerie Robison’s sentence was handed down Wednesday in the case of 28-year-old Jack Dalton Duke. The prison term was consistent with the terms of a June plea agreement in which Duke pleaded guilty to a single count of distribution of marijuana to a minor.

Duke faced a maximum 48 years in prison if convicted on the original charges in the case, including distribution of marijuana and habitual criminal counts.

Duke was arrested in October 2010 after his then-6-year-old daughter told officials at a local elementary school that she “smokes weed” with her father when she doesn’t feel well, an arrest affidavit said.

The girl said her father told her how to inhale when he would blow smoke in her face.

Duke’s four children have been placed in separate foster homes, two children per home, pending the outcome of dependency and neglect court proceedings against Duke, Chief Deputy District Attorney Dan Rubinstein said Wednesday.

Duke initially denied providing marijuana to his two daughters, then said he did but added he never allowed them to smoke it before school, according to the affidavit.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/3ekx64u

Gotta love it, you have to have a license to drive a car, but any damn idiot can have kids....

:-(

Ummm k. So he'll probably just serve 6. I hope he meets Bubba and his friends...

im all for smoking, obviously we all are, but come on dude wheres ur brain

Lots of things ya can fix,,,,BUT STUPID isnt one of them..

Gee dad, so sorry your in jail but I'll come to visit ya, and bring brownies. Has mom got any weed? Little Johhny has some but he wants favors, maybe I can trade my Snickers bar for some or my Barbie doll...

I am always suspicious when it comes to news reports.. Always wondering what part of the story isn't being told, and how that would affect what I am reading. I mean, let's face it, we've all seen some out and out lies portrayed.. However, I'm with y'all.. This dude could be Papabeach1 himself...

Whatever happened to Papabeach1, anyway?

nvthis said:
I am always suspicious when it comes to news reports.. Always wondering what part of the story isn't being told, and how that would affect what I am reading. I mean, let's face it, we've all seen some out and out lies portrayed.. However, I'm with y'all.. This dude could be Papabeach1 himself...

:yeahthat:

More to the story I wld think.

Latest posts

Back