Managing Plant Counts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nouvellechef said:
Just go over. Bound too happen. Too many crazy strains out there. Least you'll have a better defense :)

:rofl: Yeah that's funny. Mind if I give them your name?

Just tell them the Chef said it was ok and they will know who your talking about.

BBFan said:
I really wouldn't want to risk arguing semantics with leo. The proponents behind the legislation don't realize how difficult it will be to do what they propose. Do you really think they'd know the difference?

This was what I was told to do by a lawyer who is also working with local and state legislature....so I guess I am hoping this to be the case. As it was put to an LEO during a recent theft investigation, "sure, it's dope at this point, but there's a difference...that being like a fine wine from boone's farm".

BBFan said:
:rofl: Yeah that's funny. Mind if I give them your name?

By the time you got to trial it would either be legal or the state would be releasing offenders cause of over crowding or budget concerns. Time commuted.

I read article this am about talks of releasing non violent offenders, all MJ related non violent infractions to community service.

nouvellechef said:
By the time you got to trial it would either be legal or the state would be releasing offenders cause of over crowding or budget concerns. Time commuted.

Yeah, probably all true, but you know how the media can be in certain circumstances. Might be bad for business, you know?

maineharvest said:
Just tell them the Chef said it was ok and they will know who your talking about.

You go first bro.

People get released early all the time where I live. Prisons are so over crowded in Maine.

BBFan said:
Yeah, probably all true, but you know how the media can be in certain circumstances. Might be bad for business, you know?

I invented a word for this a while back,

Propaganja
"Lies, deciet, misinformation, corruption of the truth concerning marijuana, mainly used by the pro alcohol conservative media and the opponents of freedom"

Stay frosty.
W

BBFan said:
MMJ legalization is imminent in my state :woohoo:

However, the legislation most likely to pass limits a caregiver to 1 patient. It also limits 4 plants under 4' tall and 1 ounce of dried.

I'm excited about growing legally for my friend, but I just can't figure out how to operate within those limits.

I really enjoy growing trees, but it looks like that is certainly out of the question if I want to stay legal.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Four plants, bought as clones would be ideal, under a 3'x3' scrog screen with a 600hps atop should do the trick I'd think. Perpetual Harvest.

Define dried?

Define dried?

If this is aimed at me, dried here means cured and ready to smoke. Since the LEO can't tell you when your dope is ready, they can't tell you it's dried or not...this, again, is what the lawyer told me here. By labeling the jar, burping daily and keeping it all in curing stage, the argument is that this makes it part of the preparation process involved in making the dope ready to use which means it isn't in usable form until curing is complete.

Much like a steak, cheese, wine etc is aged to give them their optimal taste dope must age (cure) to get the optimal product and medicinal value. Not saying this will work for all, but it's the way things are viewed here.

proto said:
i also live in maine and am a caregiver and i belong to a caregiver network called CCM( compassionate caregivers of maine). being part of a network like this is very helpful when it comes to keeping within the states guidelines. when you have excess plants or meds someone else needs them and when you need them someone else has them. also CCM has a good relationship with the state and meets with dhhs in augusta at least once a month. and my understanding is that the law is "6 mature plants" witch according to the state means a flowering plant so for 5 patients you can have 30 plants flowering. no limit on vegging plants although they recommend staying under 49 plants total to keep the feds off. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE THIS IS JUST WHAT D.H.H.S. SAYS.

I have a copy of the laws and it states "6 plants over 12 inches", not 6 adult plants. Unless the laws have changed since I printed it out 4 months ago it doesn't even have to be in flower.

smokingjoe said:
Four plants, bought as clones would be ideal, under a 3'x3' scrog screen with a 600hps atop should do the trick I'd think. Perpetual Harvest.

Define dried?

Hey Joe- Long time no see.

The actual word is not "dried", but is actually "usable". Here is the wording from the Bill:

"Usable marijuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marijuana plant, and any mixtures or preparations thereof, that are appropriate for the palliative use of marijuana, but does not include the seeds, stalks and roots of the plant;

So I don't see it as defining the difference between dried, partial cure, or all cured. Perhaps after a protracted (and expensive) legal battle, one could argue that "un-cured" is not appropriate for pallative use, but still would most likely be subject to arrest and prosecution if the total amounts exceed the 1 ounce limit.

Roddy said:
Define dried?

If this is aimed at me, dried here means cured and ready to smoke. Since the LEO can't tell you when your dope is ready, they can't tell you it's dried or not...this, again, is what the lawyer told me here. By labeling the jar, burping daily and keeping it all in curing stage, the argument is that this makes it part of the preparation process involved in making the dope ready to use which means it isn't in usable form until curing is complete.

I would definitely talk to another lawyer Roddy. Perhaps where you are the statutes have been tested and therefore case law exists for precedent, but that doesn't mean you can't be arrested, have property (plants, etc) seized, and need to defend yourself in court if the actual law hasn't been amended.

Unfortunately, at the time of the arrest, it is up to the arresting officer and his or her interpretation of the statute as written. You may win in the end, but you'll go through a major hassle first.

I realize I could be arrested at any time and be subject to all penalties... licensed or not. :eek: I also realize LEO would very much need a good reason to even come over and bother me, let alone risk lawsuit from myself for acting improperly....should they make a mistake. :eek: :doh: The two sort of make a balanced middle ground, I follow the laws to the "T" and LEO (around here, at least) direct their attention to serious and/or provable illegal activity! :)

A case in point to what I posted above has been established, as well, the dispensaries/compassion clubs are in constant communication with authorities to define whats and whys! The lawyer I speak of is not only a good friend, but is a license holder....and I am betting dollars to donuts he knows our rights. :D But yes, I keep my ear to the track and try to keep up on any changes.

Latest posts

Back