Mandala Summer Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bho_expertz

Aloha from Hell
Reaction score
Hi Mjers,

Have started a new growth and the goal is to have it ready for Summer :cool:

Have made some upgrades in the setup. Have now a HomeBox XL ( 1,20x1,20x2 in meters ). The vegging will be 18x6 with a 400 hps and the flowering with the 600 hps and the 400 hps ( if money available at the time for another cooltube).

The soil is BioNova with some perlite.
The seeds are from Mandala and the strains are Ganesh, Sadhu, 8 Miles High and the Safari freebies.

Three Ganesh possible were twin ( or soil contamination ) and were separated to their own pot. Going to see how it goes ... If contamination or twins :rolleyes: .

Some have sprouted, some didn't and some are in the towels.

DSC_4613.jpg DSC_4611.jpg DSC_4610.jpg DSC_4614.jpg
DSC_4604.jpg DSC_4606.jpg DSC_4612.jpg DSC_4615.jpg

Happy rolls

Good luck bho, it seems you are off to a great start. A lot of people here speak highly of Mandala. I just germed my last 5 Mandala Hashberry about two weeks ago. I will be keeping track of your grow. GREEN MOJO!

-SSF-

18x6 veg space? That is a big space....400watt HPS will come up short lumen wise...

I don't have enough room for my satori right now. That makes me sad.

Good luck bho!!

Hamster Lewis said:
18x6 veg space? That is a big space....400watt HPS will come up short lumen wise...

18hours light on x 6 hours light off ;)

The space is 4 feet ( 1,20meters ) x 4 feet x 6,4 feet ( made the convert don't know if it is correct :doh: )

---

SensiStarFan said:
Good luck bho, it seems you are off to a great start. A lot of people here speak highly of Mandala. I just germed my last 5 Mandala Hashberry about two weeks ago. I will be keeping track of your grow. GREEN MOJO!

-SSF-

Thanks dude ... Going to give a check in latest news of yours GJ ;)

---

rotten_socks420 said:
Well this should be fun! YAY! lol

Hope so ;)

---

TheKlonedRanger said:
I don't have enough room for my satori right now. That makes me sad.

Good luck bho!!

Satori will be some in the future but in the list ;) Thanks

bho_expertz said:
18hours light on x 6 hours light off ;)

The space is 4 feet ( 1,20meters ) x 4 feet x 6,4 feet ( made the convert don't know if it is correct :doh: )

Ah that was the light schedule...lol. Okay makes more sense....good luck bro...green mojo.

Hi Mjers,

Here a quick update ... Two weeks tomorrow since seeds in soil. Others one week and some others a couple of days.

The ones that have sprouted until now:
Ganesh - 4
Safari - 2
Sadhu - 1
8 Miles High - 1

Waiting to sprout:
Safari - 3
Sadhu - 2
8 Miles High - 2

The Ganesh seeds impressed me ... The way they germed, the growth and the possible twins ... Good genes i hope.

Group Shoot
DSC_4616.jpg

The "can be Twins"
DSC_4618.jpg

Another twin ... A Sadhu seed ... Going to take some macros of the twins ... 4 in total ... 15 have sprouted ... waiting for the last 5 .. Fingers crossed :p

You sure your just not popping 2 seeds!!! :rofl:

I've never heard of twins before...Are the "extras" sickly at all? I couldnt tell by the pics.

Is there a reason that you are vegging at 18/6 instead of 24/7?

I love Mandala strains. I have not tried the Ganesh or the Sadhu--looking forward to seeing them growing.

how do you mean they are twins? do you get 2 out of one seed?? My ganesh one of them has 3 sets of leaves instead of 2 :D

420_Osborn said:
You sure your just not popping 2 seeds!!! :rofl:

I've never heard of twins before...Are the "extras" sickly at all? I couldnt tell by the pics.

Nope ... Not two seeds :rolleyes: . Or it is soil contamination ( that i doubt because of the soil quality ) or they are twins. The Sadhu was for sure. Sadly i didn't take any picture before separating them.

What i notice is a slower development of them but that is because they need to root again after the separation ( i think ). Will post some pics after i transplant the older ones.

---

The Hemp Goddess said:
Is there a reason that you are vegging at 18/6 instead of 24/7?

I love Mandala strains. I have not tried the Ganesh or the Sadhu--looking forward to seeing them growing.

Mostly because of electricity bill.

You are welcome to give tips ... The knowledge is appreciatted.

---

BudMuncher said:
how do you mean they are twins? do you get 2 out of one seed?? My ganesh one of them has 3 sets of leaves instead of 2 :D

Yep ... Two of one seed :doh: . I got 4 extra plants :D :D :D :D .

I also notice some "deformation" in the aspect of them. They look a bit mutant. Sadly my cam ( D70 but with a weird lens ) isn't able to macro nicelly so i can't show you guys exactaly what i mean, but i will try to master the beast and shoot something nice.

bho_expertz said:
Mostly because of electricity bill.

You are welcome to give tips ... The knowledge is appreciatted.

Marijuana will grow all the time it has light (and other necessary things :D). When you run your lights 18/6 you are lengthening your veg time/and or encouraging stretch. A plant grown under 24/7 light will generally have more internodes and tighter internode spacing--this translates into more budding sites, which translates into a larger yield in a shorter period of time.

Yep i know ... But the cost for now is not acceptable ... Perhaps in another grow ... The 400 watts kills one pocket ;) ...

Hi Mjers,

Have made the transplant of 5 of them. 4 Ganesh and 1 Sadhu.

The 5 after the transplant
DSC_4628.jpg

The young ones
DSC_4632.jpg

The twins - 3 Ganesh and 1 Sadhu
DSC_4630.jpg

The next ones ( tomorrow perhaps )
DSC_4633.jpg

The family shoot
DSC_4635.jpg

Running a 400W 24/7 instead of 18/6 probably costs less than $10 a month. We are talking about 2.4 kilowatts a day. If you are paying .10 a KW (I pay between .065 and .08 a kw on a sliding scale), that is about $7.20 a month. This is easily offset by simple energy saving things you can do with your home. The difference in internode spacing can be substantial. More internodes results in more budding sites, which results in more yield.

The Kilowatt here is 0,1326€. Can be substantial or is substancial? And plus the extractor ? Will try that for the winter grow where is easier to control the temps.
Thanks THG.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Running a 400W 24/7 instead of 18/6 probably costs less than $10 a month. We are talking about 2.4 kilowatts a day. If you are paying .10 a KW (I pay between .065 and .08 a kw on a sliding scale), that is about $7.20 a month. This is easily offset by simple energy saving things you can do with your home. The difference in internode spacing can be substantial. More internodes results in more budding sites, which results in more yield.

Will wait until i transplant all of them and will change to 24/7 :aok:

... Perhaps this change will help in a bigger growth in less time. Thanks THG ... You have make my brain work a little.

Latest posts

Back