Manipulating plant height?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bong_Rocker

Reaction score
hey hows it goin? i am planning on a small closet box set up and i do not want my white widows to get too tall, i heard that you can shred the tops to make the plant bush out and loose its height. i am not too worried about yeild this is just for personal use. is this possible and what tecniques would you recomend and what stage can it be done?
:confused:

Thanks
Bong Rocker

check out the posts on topping/pruning. do a search for the thread.

You should also look at low stress training.....see what looks like it will work best for you and pick that. several different ways to control height.

keep your veg. time about 4 weeks as well. Also more light tighter node spacing will help some too.
I would recommend ScRog. Screen of green. Using a screen will greatly help with the ht. If indoors. Maybe easier than tying if you in a very tight area.

If you're new to growing...stick to manipulating their final height by introducing forced flowering (12/12 photoperiod) when they've reached either 12'' of growth, or as mutt said, 4 weeks of veg growth. It is the easiest and most sure fire method for keeping things short.

But hey, if you're up to it...go on and give SCROG and or LST a try.

Keep in mind, that's not 4 weeks from sprout...the first stage of growth is not the same as the vegetative stage. The different stages are prolly posted somewhere around here.

Maybe.

Latest posts

Back