Marijuana Growing Guides (Books)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stoney Bud

There are many, many grow guides in print. For those who have worked so hard for the money it takes to put a grow together, that one thing is missing from so many growers inventory.

If you don't have one, you should. You can order one online, you can get one for cash at Barnes and Noble book store, (they have several in stock).

Mine is only needed for quoting any more, as I've memorized the entire book over the last 20 years of reading and re-reading it. The information in the books is always categorized and very easy to read and understand.

Please do yourself a favor and purchase one. It will unlock all of the mysteries that currently plague your attempts to grow Marijuana. It's fun reading. It's interesting reading. It has photos of very important things.

LETS USE THIS THREAD TO LIST THE BOOKS THAT WE'VE EACH READ. THIS WILL HELP ALL OF THOSE FIRST TIME GROWERS AND THOSE WHO JUST DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE THEY START A GROW.

My next post to this thread will be the book I bought and a little critique of it.

Ed Rosenthal's "Closet Cultivator". Very easy book to reference. I do argue some aspects of his calculations but it is an excellent read for newb and experienced. I still read it. It sits on my nightstand along with a bunch of my own collection of info. (I'm so addicted to reading about cultivation. I read it to get tired and fall asleep). I give it 1 1/2 thumbs up.

Overview.
Covers the basics of botany, soil grow, propagation, sexing, hydroponics (this area is lacking), Lighting, Odor control (out of date), Training, CO2, legalize, and some problems and fixes. Great for the NEWB.
It is really a guide to starting and maintaining a Sea Of Green (aka SOG)

Marijuana Growers Handbook. Indoor/Greenhouse edition
by: Ed Rosenthal

Published by: Quick American Publishing Company
ISBN: 0-932551-02-5 (This number can be used to search any library or book store either online or over the phone.

The book contains the following:

General Information

Marijuana: The Plant
Choosing a variety
Growth and Flowering
Choosing a Space
Preparing the Space
Plant Size and Spacing

Getting Started

Planting Mixes
Hydroponics vs. Soil Gardening
Hydroponic Systems
Growing in the Ground

Limiting Factors

Lighting and Lights
Carbon Dioxide
Temperature
Air and Humidity
pH and Water
Nutrients
Novel Gardens
Containers

Planting

When to Plant
Planting
Early Growth
Watering
Pruning
Pests
Flowering
Sinsemilla and Sexing
Advanced Flowering
Breeding
Harvesting
Curing and Manicuring
Regeneration
Cloning
Experiments

I've found this book to be very helpful in finding exact details of procedures in growing. For the basics and quite a few advanced methods, this book will get you out of the "I've never learned anything about growing Marijuana" mode, and into an informed, well advised person who is now ready to ask specific questions in this group about ACTUAL GROWS.

Good luck to all of you and lets all get a copy of one of the many books that will be listed under this one in this thread. It really will help you immensely.

A grow guide is a cultivator's most important piece of grow equipment.

I've read just about every grow book I've ever seen, and that's plenty.

GanjaGuru said:
A grow guide is a cultivator's most important piece of grow equipment.

I've read just about every grow book I've ever seen, and that's plenty.
Yo man, I'm trying to get everyone to post the one they hold most precious. Tell us what your favorite one is.. If we all put em up like I have, it could be one hell of a reference tool.

Edit: "A library of MJ growing advice" What a concept.

i was checking this one out..."Cannabis Grow Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing Marijuana for Recreational and Medical Use" by Greg Green..haven't got it yet, thinking of going to the store here in a minute..got excellent reviews, so i figure its worth a read..although i don't have any grow guides, i have read an awesome book called "Smoke Screen" by Robert Sabbag..as well as "Snowblind"..smoke screen is based on a true story on marijuana smuggling..awesome read..and snowblind, from the same author is a fiction book about "the other plant," cocaine..check 'em out..its worth the read...

I have these 2 books and find them to be excellent.

"Cannabis Grow Bible" By Greg Green
ISBN 1-031160-17-1
Green Candy Press

"Cannabis Cultivation, a complete growers guide"
By Mel Thomas
2nd edition 2006
ISBN 1-031160-38-4
Green Candy Press

I happen to like the writing style of Mel Thomas better. I also think that the two books should be owned as a set. The information in one clarifies what I do not quite understand in the other.

I have basically read most of them and these are the only two that I spent my money on.

I own "The Bible" and ed's "MJ Growers Handbook", and have read a few others online.
"MJ Botany" by Robert Connel Clarke is a must,IMHO, for anyone planning a breeding project, seed makeing, strain 'hacking', and contains much good cultivation information.

I just recently published a new book called Grow Great Marijuana that just got launched on Amazon.com. I spent almost three years working on it and it just came out this week. I'm gonna post a link to it, but if that's against the rules, I'll edit it out.

It'll be reviewed in the summer issues of Cannabis Culture and High Times, but everyone I've already shown it to have been very impressed with it and I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Since the Search Inside This Book isn't available yet, I'd be happy to post a chapter or two using JPEGs if that's ok. I think you guys will really like what you see!

-logan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hick said:
I own "The Bible" and ed's "MJ Growers Handbook", and have read a few others online.
"MJ Botany" by Robert Connel Clarke is a must,IMHO, for anyone planning a breeding project, seed makeing, strain 'hacking', and contains much good cultivation information.

Here is a link to the site containing all the text for "MJ Botany". Thanks to stoney bud.
http://www.mellowgold.com/grow/mjbotany-removed/

P.S. I moved this over to General indoor growing so it doesn't get lost in the coffee table. ;)

Latest posts

Back