Marijuana Kills Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From davidwolfe.com

Marijuana Kills Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria

15-0627-Medical-Marijuana.jpg

When antibiotic drugs were first discovered in 1928, they revolutionized healthcare. By the end of World War II, their production had exploded.

And then things got a little out of hand.

Today, according to an estimate from the CDC, about half of antibiotic prescriptions in the United States are totally unnecessary. The effects of that over-prescription are disastrous.

According to the World Health Organization, common bacteria are evolving against common medications to become catastrophic once again.

As a result, 2 million Americans suffer from antibiotic-resistant bacteria each year. 23,000 of those people die. That number is destined to rise as bacteria becomes more and more resistant. Bottom line – we’ve dug ourselves into a real hole here. If only we could come up with a way to dig ourselves out.

Oh wait, nature’s already got us covered…

Cannabis: The Miracle Treatment For Antibiotic Overuse
031411_Medical_Marijuana_Dispensaries_617_347.jpg

A few years ago, British and Italian researchers discovered that marijuana – one of the world’s most infamous and commonly-grown plants – has the potential to fight some of the deadliest antibiotic-resistant bacteria out there.

The researchers tested pot against six common super-bacteria, many of which are responsible for epidemic-like outbreaks around the world. In every single case, the herb was able to battle the bacteria with more efficiency than any man-made medicine. Researchers believe cannabis was actually developed by nature for this very purpose.

“Everything points towards these compounds having been evolved by the plants as antimicrobial defenses that specifically target bacterial cells,” said Simon Gibbons, one of the researchers.

The cannabis was most effective when applied topically.

“What this means is, we could use fiber hemp plants that have no use as recreational drugs to cheaply and easily produce potent antibiotics,” said Giovanni Appendino, another researcher involved in the study.

Will The Government Finally Listen?

marijuana-bust.jpg

Despite this and so many other studies proving just how powerful cannabis can be in the field of medicine, it is still labelled a Schedule I controlled substance along with heroin, LSD and ecstasy. According to the DEA, it has ‘no currently accepted medical use.’

dea-raids-la-dispensaries.jpg

DEA raiding medical marijuana dispensary

Of course, that’s not entirely surprising since many of the medications that cannabis could replace rake in billions of dollars per year. Antibiotics alone bring in more than $40 billion U.S. annually.

Imagine the sort of disruption that would occur if that figure was drastically lowered thanks to a ‘green’ alternative. But time is quickly revealing that we’re running out of options. Eventually, the system will need to be disrupted.

How dire are we going to allow the situation to get before we finally accept that?

Why not write your local representative or sign one of the many petitions out there to voice your opinion on the topic? http://norml.org/act

Even animals are aware of how useful cannabis is! Check out this video from David’s Facebook page to learn about how bees make honey using it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMmHPtRNeKE[/ame]

I've got whole plant topical recipes !--I got root balm recipes for arthritis and gout !-- I got RSO suppository recipes !-- Do not ask what flavor !--

You grow in Texas where you would face possible prison time for growing. Your courage to grow and make medical marijuana in such a hostile environment is admirable to say the least.

A lot of money will be made selling high CBD products in Texas.

I know it is ingrained in all of us to keep quiet and never tell anyone what we do.

Texas will see some savvy people step out of the shadows and make a lot of money.

I have seen in it California. A friend and grower I have know for about 30 years is making more money than ever now. He used to sell ounces back in the day. Now he goes to a dispensary and sells his whole harvest and is paid cash. Just one sale. Pretty cool doing something you love to do and looking forward to going to work everyday.

I hope someday you and many others will have the opportunity to make some money and do what you love legally.

*gets off of soapbox*

Thanks Burning 1 !-- I'm old and have never known legal weed !-- This is just the way it is here !--- I know lots of people are moving to a free state to grow legally but I'm staying !-- The CBD thing kicks off in Texas after the first of the year !--- I thought about coming out the shadows and growing some high CBD for them !--I know I can take it from seed to High CBD oil by myself !-- It's just that I'll always be growing some dank somewhere so I couldn't stand up to close scrutiny! --

Latest posts

Back