Marijuana or mushrooms what's your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve read a lot of good stuff about micro dosing but one might want to do a teensy bit over a microdose tho right? Am I alone to want to feel at least a light trip?
At low doses it's sort of speedy. Mushrooms seem to come on in waves. Eat enough and you can trip your balloons off.

Easy dosing method, take enough shrooms for the group and slowly boil them in water a few minutes. Then strain out shrooms and add tea bags to water. Divide up into equal portions of tea and shoot it down.

Heat doesn't hurt it, the left overs have no active ingredients left.

Bubba

Every video you just posted I have watched many times over. I even wrote down the full process on paper. I am going to try a test on my next shroom grow though. I will inoculate bird seed, popcorn and rye after I have gone through the process of sterilize everything just to see which one produces mycelium the fastest and then go from there. I will write down everything plus I want to try putting my blue spectrum lights on one grow and just using in direct light on another at the same time to see which turns out faster with better results. If we can get a few people involved to do the same thing and then compare notes and see if the results were the same, it would give us a better idea for future grows. Just a thought
I think you will find rye the best, hands down. I don't think they need light. Had them in a basement, whatever light they got was just in the room.

Bubba

What substrate did you use in them coolers?
It was the rye jars, just instead of growing them out of the jars, once grown through you just dump enough of the jars out to fill cooler.

Then, like jars, I sprinkled about 1/2 to 1 inch of sterilized soil, don't recall what kind, I think just potting soil, sterilized in mason jars placed in pressure cooker. it's been a couple few decades ago!

Then you occasionally mist with distilled water. One day you will see little white knobs, in a day or two, giant mushroom. Handle them carefully, they bruise blue.

Bubba

I’ve read a lot of good stuff about micro dosing but one might want to do a teensy bit over a microdose tho right? Am I alone to want to feel at least a light trip?
Certainly. If you haven’t tripped before, why not give it a try. If I can convince my wife to trip with me, I may give it another go. It is an experience(thus the term ‘trip’ I guess)…

Certainly. If you haven’t tripped before, why not give it a try. If I can convince my wife to trip with me, I may give it another go. It is an experience(thus the term ‘trip’ I guess)…

ease into it is an option , in a nice quiet safe place

test your limits to se what you are comfortable with

remember that the trip is based upon set and setting

but you know that ya old fart

Contamination is nothing to worry, just keep taking samples from the good part ( pure white fuzz) and re inoculating new media. Eventually they will be pure.

Bubba
My concern about contamination comes from watching videos and reading up on growing mushrooms. Are the cautions a bit overblown as long as good sterilization techniques are followed(and the media is not contaminated from the get-go)?

Yes get two and compare. I’m glad you’re gonna try them. Now we can grow more freaks together 🙃
I ordered another bag. I will do a side by side grow with the same strain and same setup at the same time. If I don’t screw up, I am liable to have too much fresh produce but that is better than too little…

My concern about contamination comes from watching videos and reading up on growing mushrooms. Are the cautions a bit overblown as long as good sterilization techniques are followed(and the media is not contaminated from the get-go)?
Basically, yes. My "sterile chamber" was made from a box the mason jars came in back then. Just laid on side with a curtain of plastic wrap. Spray bottle of bleach water and one for alcohol. Small lamp to sterilize scalpels, soaking well blanket if it catches fire! Don't freak, it's alcohol and burns quite cool, just put it out. I never had that happen

Bubba

A friend posted this about his TRIP:
1678314416105.png

"I have yet to document my shroooom ride, and when I say ride I mean it was a real trip above reality!
February 21 I decided to try the new shipment of Cubanesis we'd recently acquired, I still had some of the other Penis Envy's we had from the prior order, so I threw those in there too. I weighed it at 2.7g give or take and gram or two. I saute' them in olive oil, sea salt and a dash of garlic, until they're a bit crispy, this keeps it from sticking to your teeth so bad. I keep the dose's separated in the skillet to make sure we get the dosage I weighed out.
I sat down and made an appetizer of my dosage but sweet sprinkled hers on her salad. I think that was why she just got a mellow reaction and I got the following.

Approximately 20 minutes into eating my pork chop moved! :LOL:

It was at that point I told Sweet this is gonna be a trip and by the time I finished my meal the pork chop bone was moving like that stuff in a lava lamp!
Sweet took my plate and I sat there full on tripping for a good 30 minutes, tv was just unbearable and Zoey'z tail was like a black snake in the corner of my eye and when I turned to look, it'd vanish. At one point the table started to make this rumbling sound and I decided I'd better take my shower before this got worse.

Mistake... :LOL:

I prepared to take a shower and went into the bathroom and this was not my bathroom, everything was different sizes. The toilet was really small, like a bowl in the corner, but when I touched it, suddenly it was back to normal. It was at that point I told myself this isn't real so don't let it scare you! 😐

I started the water and it was like thunder, loud as fuk, and I could feel the vibrations as the water hit my body. I finally sat on the bathing chair and closed my eye'z.....suddenly it was silent!

Every time I opened my eye'z it was like rolling down the window while driving at a high speed on the interstate, loud as fuk!

I think I feel asleep for a few minutes, but when I open my eye'z the last time I seen a shelf all the way around the wall in the shower and every time I reached to touch it, it'd go back to being a wall!

I slept a couple of hours according to Sweet, when I emerged. She was totally relaxed and feeling no pain but nothing like what I just experienced. At that point I was still seeing bright colors but the altered state had passed.

I gotta admit that was a bit scary but every since, I've been so at peace, tis hard to explain! I simply don't let stuff get to me like I did before. One things for certain it's made me a calmer person overall and as soon as I get my next shipment I'm going to do it again March 21, which is exactly a month since the last dosage"

1678314272994.png

I ordered another bag. I will do a side by side grow with the same strain and same setup at the same time. If I don’t screw up, I am liable to have too much fresh produce but that is better than too little…
After doing some research, liquid culture is made from living fungus, not spores. Stupid me. No side by side grow I guess…

After doing some research, liquid culture is made from living fungus, not spores. Stupid me. No side by side grow I guess…
I couldn’t resist ordering more as liquid culture this time instead of spores. I’m gonna let the spores keep going but I see nothing in the bags yet. I’m in my third week and impatient I guess as every new grower is. Liquid culture is much quicker and contains nutrient-dense food for spores to feed on, making it easier to germinate. Haven’t decided on a grain bag yet maybe the bens rice again but will transfer them into either the little shroom house or a shoebox

I couldn’t resist ordering more as liquid culture this time instead of spores. I’m gonna let the spores keep going but I see nothing in the bags yet. I’m in my third week and impatient I guess as every new grower is. Liquid culture is much quicker and contains nutrient-dense food for spores to feed on, making it easier to germinate. Haven’t decided on a grain bag yet maybe the bens rice again but will transfer them into either the little shroom house or a shoebox
I thought I was ordering liquid culture but it is a syringe to make it. The site I visited doesn’t sell liquid culture for anything but gourmet mushrooms. I suspect that is because liquid culture is going to have psilocybin in it where spores don’t. I still will try to make liquid culture if all goes well when I harvest something. I already have a bag. 😁

Yes, that's is one reason I said a fresh mushroom to sample from is MUCH faster than spores. The mushroom flesh IS mycelium, just in compressed form. When put on the agar, it spreads in mycelium form, white fuzz.

Bubba

I inoculated five bags and three of them have mycelium and two do not yet either. I am going to cut one corner and look at the top to see if they have any mycelium growing.

I checked the two bags that did not look like they were growing any mycelium and they are not doing anything and it has been around a month now.

I checked the two bags that did not look like they were growing any mycelium and they are not doing anything and it has been around a month now.
But the other three are growing good mycelium? I’m trying to decide if I want to stick with the uncle bens bags with the liquid culture or spring for sterilized grain bags. They are kinda expensive. I saw so many people having good luck with the Ben bags I thought it would be worth trying them.

Latest posts

Back