Marijuana or mushrooms what's your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you see any mycelium growth in your uncle bens rice yet?
No I decided to get rid of it as I kept smelling that cooked rice and saw nothing. I opened the bags with nothing to find. I dI’d order liquid culture and rye bags and am having success with it mycelium growing good now. I used a different source. I will try the UB again with the same source as I think it’s way cheaper than buying bags but I really wanted to give it every chance this time

Not sure on that one. Never heard of such a thing. I would go with something slower moving if someone were to try spreading it around like that. I think it would contaminate the grow because of the grasshopper having to **** in it or maybe the mushrooms would use the **** to grow because of the nutrients. Not sure on that one?
7F5E1B64-C773-409A-AD7B-559892EFB7C1.jpeg

Roster posted this earlier with that great pic

A parasitic mushroom growing out of a grasshopper. There are several species of parasitic fungi that are known to grow out of insects, including grasshoppers. One such fungus is Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, which infects and kills ants and other insects, including grasshoppers.
When an insect becomes infected with Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, the fungus grows inside the insect's body and eventually takes over its behavior. The fungus manipulates the insect's behavior, causing it to climb to a high point, where it eventually dies. After the insect dies, the fungus continues to grow and produce spores, which can then infect other insects.
As the fungus grows, it can produce long, slender stalks that protrude from the body of the insect. These stalks can contain the reproductive structures of the fungus, including spore-producing capsules that can release thousands of spores into the surrounding environment.

A parasitic mushroom growing out of a grasshopper. There are several species of parasitic fungi that are known to grow out of insects, including grasshoppers. One such fungus is Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, which infects and kills ants and other insects, including grasshoppers.
When an insect becomes infected with Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, the fungus grows inside the insect's body and eventually takes over its behavior. The fungus manipulates the insect's behavior, causing it to climb to a high point, where it eventually dies. After the insect dies, the fungus continues to grow and produce spores, which can then infect other insects.
As the fungus grows, it can produce long, slender stalks that protrude from the body of the insect. These stalks can contain the reproductive structures of the fungus, including spore-producing capsules that can release thousands of spores into the surrounding environment.
Now that is pretty cool I actually seen that or something similar on tv.

Well, I just looked at the mycelium in the tub and almost all of it is lightly covered so now I am not sure to give it a few more days to see if it thickens up and turns whiter or to go ahead and fruit it. It is just a fine layer that is not very thick.

Excited for you but I have no advice as you are weeks ahead of me for sure but you will know when I need to know 😂. I would be looking at some YouTube on each step as I go along. They have a lot of videos of every stage just like weed. I signed on the shroom site but don’t feel comfortable there so I’m winging it

Well, I just looked at the mycelium in the tub and almost all of it is lightly covered so now I am not sure to give it a few more days to see if it thickens up and turns whiter or to go ahead and fruit it. It is just a fine layer that is not very thick.
This is a good video. I think around the 7 minute mark might be helpful at the stage you are at…

I see the white tho. It’s looking good. What size us that tub?
I just ordered Blue Meanie liquid culture from Cube Culture USA for $24 no shipping cost. They say this is better than spore syringes because you won't get any contamination and it is a lot faster.

go to the third or fourth page of this forum and there are pics of it next to my rubber tote. It is adjustable so I can adjust what color light spectrum I need. Here I will find a pic for you instead.View attachment 323711
So what color are you using?
how far away from the tub are they over the top?
how long are you running them?

@oldfogey8 invited you to our PM if you want to come…

So what color are you using?
how far away from the tub are they over the top?
how long are you running them?

@oldfogey8 invited you to our PM if you want to come…
I'm using all the led spectrum for eight hours a day. sitting on top of the tote. The lights can be bent to whatever position I need them to be at. I just bend them down to where they touch the top of the tote. Then after eight hours they still can get indirect sun light.

Latest posts

Back