marijuana seeds die during sprouting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gqone333

Reaction score
one of the seeds i was sprouting died .is that common .it happen before when i first started growing but now i have it in a grow box .what could be the problem temp overwatering what.

gqone333 said:
one of the seeds i was sprouting died .is that common .it happen before when i first started growing but now i have it in a grow box .what could be the problem temp overwatering what.
whats up gqone333. what are your temps? how far away do you have your light? how often do you water? are you using nutes? these could all be factors in your plants death.

i have the floresent lights 3 inches temp 73 no nutes

Sounds like it may be damping off.
Damping off fungi kill seeds in soil or seedlings shortly after they emerge from the soil. Fungi invade stems of seedlings at the soil line, causing a brown watery soft rot, then the plants topple over.
Over-watering is the main cause of damping-off.
It may be something else, but that is my opinion.
You may want to try a little bit of hydrogen peroxide in the water.
Good luck down the line.

Happy Trails...

If I may.... Did you transplant the thing?> If so, the stress killed it. If not, so many things could have gone wrong. If it stretched it could have bent in half and died. I'd have to say it does happen. don't worry about it. It's not common, but wait until your plants have more than one set of leaves before you do anything besides watch it. Although, it depends on how you're growing.

i growing hydroponicly and the seeds germinated i placed them in a resover,with a water heater ,air pump , it says they take 3-5 days to sprout its been 2 days i see a little bit movement but not really ,i worried that they may die

I would just try to give them a few more days and see what happens, are they in rockwol? if so then try not to keep the rockwool to saturated, young seedling do not like that much, and that could cause them to damp off. I think everything will be cool though, for me this is one of the hardest times because you just want to get started and you want to see them, for me anyways, but I think it will be cool, just give them a bit, they sometimes can be stubbern, just like me. LOL

okay its been three days i see some green but im a little worried,so of the plants that are tying to sprout seem to be completly out the rockwool,does the plant find its way back in our what

Latest posts

Back