Mars II 300W vs Mars II 400W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe that we will see the first big led grow op very soon. it's a new way to supply light for the plant it is still improving and getting cheaper. LEDs might go for even less cost more efficiency than they are today and i think that this is another thing investors have in mind. it would really suck to buy a ton of lights at a cost and in a year's time better and cheaper LEDs come out. at the beginning LEDs were very different, and they kept improving and still are. I will definitely give it one more year i guess by then things should be more settled and clear, although it is clear by now, that LEDs made it to surpass HPS in efficiency, let us see where it will go from here. i do believe that there is a lot more space for innovation in LEDs

Ill be watching THG,,thats for sure.
Dont get me wrong. You guys are doing a great job with your Led grows.
Hell i had ppl telling me i couldnt grow good dank with T5S,,WHICH WAS TOTAL CRAP,,cause my T5 grows turned out Awesome. Yes they would have been better with HPS,but the 4ft 8tube T5s was all i had at the time. So im not against trying something ppl might not all agree on,,thats what makes the world go around.

Wh, i enjoy my LED's. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it isn't hard. The plants love them. I know that because of my mom's geranium that has wintered for 8 years and let me take a pic of it under led, vs sun even... amazing growth. It has never been as big or as happy.

Don't make me go take a pic now.. i need coffee.

Yeah, the light actually "feeds" the plant, hence a half cut in nute. It's win / win / win with LED's, the growers just have to make changes in their patterns. It's a pain in the *** of a learning curve, but if you listen to people right off it's not so bad. I didn't... lol!!!! :D

I'll be going even further into LED technology over the next couple years. It's very cool.

Here's more stuff to watch. Pretty big op eh? :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ert3fmYQlk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gdoTO3_kw[/ame]

Well,,when i get my Growroom emptied out and ready to grow again,,i might just have to mix an Led in with HPS and see what happens. We were raising our Granddaughter for quite awhile but she is back home now,,so i can grow again,,just aint ready. Freaken growroom is full of my Son and Daughter in Laws crap Right now. BONE HEADS LOL
Hey,,maybe ill mix Leds and T5s. Yehaaaaaaaa

We were raising our Granddaughter for quite awhile but she is back home now,,so i can grow again,,just aint ready.

Congrats WH! You've been doing that since I've been here I do believe. Good for you sir :aok:

Hey,,maybe ill mix Leds and T5s. Yehaaaaaaaa

If I remember correctly, there's a few people doing this. Not sure, just thought I've seen it in my researchings. :)

Of everything in this thread so far, the thing that should be most taken of note is the first video I posted. Direct proof of what exactly HPS vs LED looks like, from a respected and known lab.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=930546&postcount=15

Just wanted to stress that videos importance.

The terrapin LIMONENE doesn't even exist with HPS lighting, and all Terrapin's and THC / CBD levels increased. I saw that, and almost kissed my LED's lol. First things I noticed with my LED's is the massive amount of trichs!!! It's substantial over the HPS :D

Yeah Green,,we sure miss her. I would give up anything for my little sweety. Shes coming to visit us for couple weeks in June. We cant wait. We took care of her for over a yr this last time. She is 4.

1st thing i wanna grow is SATORI.

She is lucky to have had you and will continue to have you WH. Very lucky girl. Good on you guy.

LOL--Weedhopper, I have not gone there yet, but I am looking at one small space, simply to try them out and reduce heat. Even though I am in the northwest, it still gets really hot here in the summer. HPS will most likely always be in my rooms in the winter--I simply cannot go without the heat. And I live on a ridiculously small amount of money now that I am semi-retired, so there is always the money thing. I am still on the fence, hence starting very small.....spending $300 on a light to experiment with might be beyond my means now.

And I am not expecting any real electrical savings to speak of. It isn't like you can actually use 1/2 the wattage--I could never get away with 200W actual draw. I am running a 400W HPS right now and will be running close to that in this space.

Doc, you haven't even harvested an LED crop yet have you?

Zem, I have never heard that you can grow plants taller with LEDs. One of my main concerns is the height the light needs to be from the plants. I would have to keep my plants fairly small to be able to keep 18-24" between the light and the canopy.

Thanks for all the replies.

Yeah Rose,,we have ben around her so much She is more like our Daughter. Very sad when She went back to New Orleans. But at least her Parents are taking better care of her.
Ill be watchen THG.

What wonderful grandparents you and Mrs WH are! Tokin on a little Satori right now. I am sure you will love it.

Yeah i cant wait to get my growroom ready. Gotta clean it out and take there stuff to them in New Orleans. I will be looking for Satori beans whe i do.
And thanks guys for being so nice about our Granddaughter. I would do anything for her.
Told my Son if a Man ever hurts her im gonna kill tha bastage,,bring him back to life with CPR,,and kill the bastage again.

Doc, you haven't even harvested an LED crop yet have you?

With all due respect THG... :) .... what does that have to do with what I've said? hah.

I've noticed extreme trichome production out of 5 strains (cloned) that I've been growing for around 8 months now. The trichs are going to the ends of some of the larger fans leaves. Have never seen this with my phenos under HPS. Also, the smells are crazy and the food requirement IS half. All of this is fact from what I know, and now I gave videos of actual facts :D Don't give me the "everything you see on youtube" line either...the guy is standing in a forest lol!!

Just because I haven't harvested yet, doesn't make anything I've said null and void :(

I harvest once a month. I've been harvesting these same 5 strains for 8 months now, so 8 harvests, and many times running these strains. Just saying I have a good idea how my strains should've came out, and the results are staggering. I had (have) to make loads of changes in my growing technique, but overall my results (and findings from the lab results) seem to show me certain things, and I wrote those things down a few posts ago.

There, we should be clear up to this point :aok:

:)

And then there is me... I've never grown with HPS
I was LED/T5 (flower/VEG) from day 1 and now (1.25 years later) 100% LED

THG
I keep my (COB) lights 12" - 14" off the highest point of the plant and have had -0- problems.
I have had bleaching when I tried to go 8-10" off the main cola (non-topped plant experiment)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Purple-Spectrum-Growing/dp/B00M13MANO/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1430146451&sr=8-16&keywords=apollo+led[/ame]
Unfortunately, those fixtures are even a bit more expensive.

:48:

Latest posts

Back