Mars II 300W vs Mars II 400W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4x 400w Mars fixtures Budz :aok:

If you talk to Sara directly you can get them for $168.00 each, shipped. Actually, since you'd be getting 4 I think it brings them to about $152 each. So $625+/- later and you're set.

4x 400w Mars fixtures Budz :aok:

If you talk to Sara directly you can get them for $168.00 each, shipped. Actually, since you'd be getting 4 I think it brings them to about $152 each. So $625+/- later and you're set.

Sara? I dont know her lol. But I can swing 625$ especially if I am saving every month. So 4 would be enough for a 4x4 space? or more than enough lol?

EDIT: If I would have read more, I would have seen the many post explaining my questions, sorry lol

So 4 would be enough for a 4x4 space? or more than enough lol?

Step into "The Dr's Office" (jut below this text, in my signature)

I run 4x Mars 400's in each of my two 4.5' x 4.5' tents :aok:

Yep! I wouldn't believe if you waited over 2 days. Seriously PJ, 4 people followed suit and bought the same ones right after me and after following along my thread. Brix, Schoolboy .. a couple others... and we ALL got our lights in about 2 days LOL :rofl:

Please, let me know any and everything you think about them. And... if you feel bad that you made me buy them, I'll gladly trade you these lights for some of yours... LOL

Ohhh I crack me up :D

I'm going to pull out all my meters and test the specs first and see if they are in line with what they say, but I haven't had so much as an extra 20 minutes to open the box today.

Bout a week away from finishing the GG4 run so testing will be happening very soon.

I'm going to pull out all my meters and test the specs first and see if they are in line with what they say, but I haven't had so much as an extra 20 minutes to open the box today.

Please, as soon as possible PJ :aok: I can say, without hesitation, I can not wait! I need to get a watt meter (cheap enough so should have one), and par meter (if they aren't too expensive).

All LED growers,
Doc GF turned me onto the "Method 7" sun glasses. IMO these are AWESOME. They allow you to tend to your garden without the LED afterglow. Thought they were expensive (they are) but well worth the money.

All LED growers,
Doc GF turned me onto the "Method 7" sun glasses. IMO these are AWESOME. They allow you to tend to your garden without the LED afterglow. Thought they were expensive (they are) but well worth the money.

Cheers Yooper! :aok: They are SO nice huh?

I have to admit one thing. On the HOT days, I start with the glasses, but take them off after I fully analyze the plants, because if I get moving around doing PPM / PH tests and addbacks, I steam the glasses up and drip sweat on them :rofl:
On normal days, I generally leave them on and even forget they are on. It's funny, if you leave the glasses off the LED's become "white light" to your eyes. But if you leave the glasses on, and every now and then peak around the edges of the glasses with your peripheral vision, you'll notice a PSYCHO Pink, just like when your eyes first see them.

Quite comical even

PJ--I have a couple of questions. I may want to get a 2 x 4 tent rather than always using the 32" x 32" as it is not very tall. And I am hoping to put my place up for sale late this summer or early fall and will have to find another place to grow. I would think that the single 700W would not be a good choice if I go with a 2 x 4? I was talking to Rosebud the other day and she is very happy with her Reflector series lights, so I went to read up on them. I noticed that the Reflector series 96 x 3 has the same power draw as the Mars II 80 x 5--170W-200W. I was wondering the reason for this? And what do you think of the Reflector series? What would be your choice for a 2 x 4 space?

PJ--I have a couple of questions. I may want to get a 2 x 4 tent rather than always using the 32" x 32" as it is not very tall. And I am hoping to put my place up for sale late this summer or early fall and will have to find another place to grow. I would think that the single 700W would not be a good choice if I go with a 2 x 4? I was talking to Rosebud the other day and she is very happy with her Reflector series lights, so I went to read up on them. I noticed that the Reflector series 96 x 3 has the same power draw as the Mars II 80 x 5--170W-200W. I was wondering the reason for this? And what do you think of the Reflector series? What would be your choice for a 2 x 4 space?

Same power however the reflector series claims to cover more space, or does it?

The fact is the one Mars light only really covers a 2x2, [I think they claim 3x3 but I'd argue that] so by using two of those in a tent you'll have twice the power of the reflector series which is also going to equal better yield.

I found the reflector to be under powered however they will grow a plant to the end. I still feel like the quality will still be improved over an HPS system as far as the overall quality so that is a plus.

I will say because I have tested the specs on both lights now that the MarsII does offer about 30 more actual watts over the 96.3, which you wouldn't think would make much of a difference except that the reflector claims to cover about twice the space which is where the issue is.

Also while we are on the topic of LED's and these lights, they are a decent light for the money at about a buck a watt. There are certainly worse lights out there at the same time there are also far better lights, but as said many times Cheap LED's are not good, and good LED's are not cheap.

Just keep in mind that you'll want to make sure your tent has plenty of height. The reflector I can run at about 12" above the plants and have seen no issues. That said I only use it for weeks 2 through 3 and by then we really aren't seeing enough flower to bleach out, but I highly doubt most strains will.

I just go the Mars lights yesterday, so I have no real hands on with this one just yet, but that will be changing soon.

I think it may be best to decide on which tent, then we can see what may or may not work in it. Chances are we move to an entirely new light all together.
:aok:

Big difference between an Apollo light and a Mars light. I could have saved him the trouble keeping it real.

I did find it funny someone added their name to it like it was made by someone other than Cidly.

The difference is Cidly drives the crap out of their lights while Mars under drives theirs at less than 50%.

I wish one of these companies would contact me to run some tests.
:48:

Well the Fed-Ex man was already here today....
took 3 days from ordered to opening the box,, i bought the 1200 unit for my little 4 x 4 flower room...
nice and heavy Big unit...
the one thing the Cidley's have this doesn't is a off on switch.
currently in about week 2 or 3 of flower on Sick Meds Seeds Psycho crack (fem).
the 2 girls should be ready about mid june, give or take a week..
then i will flower out 4 clones. (2 of each pheno) ..
from my Cidly lights, what i noticed was more oiley feel, then under the HPS lighting..
current game plan will be to use the LED lightning for flower in the warmer months, and will use the 1K hps maybe from Nov. - feb.. as i can use the extra heat then...
warmer months i really don;t need all the added heat.....

Quick Overview

LED Output Power:240pcs*5watt

Draw Power:520W~600W

Dimension:460x460x90mm(18.1*18.1*3.5 in)

Voltage:AC85~265V

Coverage:4.6'x4.6' Standard

flower spectrum:red, white and infared.

vege spectrum:blue and white.

Warehouse:USA,AU,UK.

Well this gives me pause....I am in flux and cannot make a final tent decision now--have no idea where I might be 6 months from now....maybe still be here, maybe not, may have to move my grow, may not. I hate spending 300-400 on lights that I can not swap between different tents.

THG, if you just get multiple 400s then you can use them in any situation. Buy enough for a 4x4 and that way if you don't use all 4 you will have a spare. Having a spare 400 fixture is just like having a spare HPS bulb. Yes, I understand your income but just giving you my thoughts on what I think you can safely consider 100%
But, this way you can use just 2 or 3 of them if you have to and be a bit more versitile with your foot print.

Hey Doc,
may i ask...??!
If i am reading and understanding right, you are saying to use 4, 400W panels in a 4ft x 4ft area?

Coverage:3‘x3' Standard
for each panel..

so,,, 4, 3 x 3"s should do a 12 x 12 room if you add them up!
are they over rating there lights that much?

Coverage:3‘x3' Standard
for each panel..

so,,, 4, 3 x 3"s should do a 12 x 12 room if you add them up!
are they over rating there lights that much?

3X3=9sqft

9X4=36sqft

12x12=144sqft so it would take 16 lights.

Also states Coverage:3'x3' Standard @24inch.......... when you lower the light your making the coverage area smaller

Latest posts

Back