Mars II 300W vs Mars II 400W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not just a stoner, i'm a OLD stoner...

the light covers 3x3= 9 sqft.

and a 4 x 4 room = 16 sqft. ?
would 2 lights do it then, since each light is 9 sqft.?

I'm sorry i am not a construction fellow, so i dont quite understand the whole sq ft thing!?

I got the 1200 thinking it covers a 4.6 x 4.6. which if you do the sq ft thing.
4.6 x 4.6 = 21.16 sqft.
my room is a few inches under 4 x 4.
so 4 x 4 = 16.
my math then is 21.16sqft - 16.sqft = 5.16sqft (extra)..
what am i missing?
so i figured plenty of light.. but told it isn't?

THG, if you just get multiple 400s then you can use them in any situation. Buy enough for a 4x4 and that way if you don't use all 4 you will have a spare. Having a spare 400 fixture is just like having a spare HPS bulb. Yes, I understand your income but just giving you my thoughts on what I think you can safely consider 100%
But, this way you can use just 2 or 3 of them if you have to and be a bit more versitile with your foot print.

LOL--Obviously you do not really understand my income. I average about It is tough to live on this. My buddy that I grow for is going to come up with 1/2 the money and I am going to come up with the other half. Even $150-200 is hard to wrangle out of the budget. I am also getting my house ready to sell and even though I am paying virtually nothing for labor, materials cost a bunch.

I am thinking, though, that 2 400W would be more versatile than the 700W, which is in the same series. If I have to pick up one or two more down the road, I will see if I can swing it then. This is just for one little space. I do have the regular veg space with the T5 and the flowering space with the 1000W HPS, so it is not like everything is invested in that one little space.

Coverage:3‘x3' Standard
for each panel..

so,,, 4, 3 x 3"s should do a 12 x 12 room if you add them up!
are they over rating there lights that much?

In a post not too far up from this one, PJ says that the Mars II only really covers about 2 x 2, even though the advertising says 3 x 3--which is why doc has 4 of them.

I won't even get into the rest of your post :rofl:.....you stoner you

Well this gives me pause....I am in flux and cannot make a final tent decision now--have no idea where I might be 6 months from now....maybe still be here, maybe not, may have to move my grow, may not. I hate spending 300-400 on lights that I can not swap between different tents.

Hey miss :) ... made it seem like you HAD the money to spend just couldn't justify it... at least this is what I assumed from the above post :aok:

Hope it all works out for ya! :D

THG: Unlike HVAC, id rather be a little over than a little under.....say you buy all the fixtures and have too much....well....I am sure you will find a way to use them if at worst case a back up.

Now an air conditioner..id much rather be a little under sized, but i do understand the budget issue....it aint easy here either!!

@my my if you are still doing one big plant in your room, you'll rock it out with the one light.

The issue will be if your running more than one plant as the light at the edges will not be strong enough as the PAR is greatly reduced once you go outside the lights pattern.

Hope that helps, and good to see ya brother!

hey THG,
I didnt want anyone to think i was trying to be a smart @ss with my question.. I am serious...

Thanks PJ, the 2 Auto's i was running of Slomo's where both flowered under the Cidley's LED panel.. I still have 3 of them, i loaned 2 of them to a fellow grower, and he skipped town and i'll never see those lights again.

I'm still doing the diy, rdwc, with a twist. I put my pump on a timer, so now it is on 15 minutes, then off for 15 minutes.
Currently i have a air cooled hood called Big Daddy, it is 3 ft x 3 ft. and i am using the 1000 hps right now.. I have only 2 girls in the room, and it is wall to wall now...
I was thinking how much nicer it would be if i just had 1 plant in the middle of that little space. I bet it would still be wall to wall with only 1 girl in there..
I was thinking to maybe veg much shorter time,after this run, and put 4 girls in there under the new light.....
But your right, the auto's turned out really nice for auto's under the Apollo LED panels, i ran 3 (panels) of those in the room...

Thinking out loud here now..
If i put the new panel in the middle of the room, and set up the other 3 small Cidley panels to cover more of the room..!???
Or just try 1 big girl in the middle of the room like you mentioned...
Thanks for your input, Grower 13, THG, and PJ..

hey THG,
I didnt want anyone to think i was trying to be a smart @ss with my question.. I am serious...

Thanks PJ, the 2 Auto's i was running of Slomo's where both flowered under the Cidley's LED panel.. I still have 3 of them, i loaned 2 of them to a fellow grower, and he skipped town and i'll never see those lights again.

I'm still doing the diy, rdwc, with a twist. I put my pump on a timer, so now it is on 15 minutes, then off for 15 minutes.
Currently i have a air cooled hood called Big Daddy, it is 3 ft x 3 ft. and i am using the 1000 hps right now.. I have only 2 girls in the room, and it is wall to wall now...
I was thinking how much nicer it would be if i just had 1 plant in the middle of that little space. I bet it would still be wall to wall with only 1 girl in there..
I was thinking to maybe veg much shorter time,after this run, and put 4 girls in there under the new light.....
But your right, the auto's turned out really nice for auto's under the Apollo LED panels, i ran 3 (panels) of those in the room...

Thinking out loud here now..
If i put the new panel in the middle of the room, and set up the other 3 small Cidley panels to cover more of the room..!???
Or just try 1 big girl in the middle of the room like you mentioned...
Thanks for your input, Grower 13, THG, and PJ..

I'm going to order a 1200 for my 4x4 room with a 3x3 table in it........ should give me good coverage out to the edge of the room.

Hey miss :) ... made it seem like you HAD the money to spend just couldn't justify it... at least this is what I assumed from the above post :aok:

Hope it all works out for ya! :D

While I can come up with the money if it is justified, it is not easy anymore. No more are the good old days when I could drop a thou and not blink an eye. I am thinking that the 2 400W are what I will go with. Not much more money than the 700W, but it will be more versatile and give me the option of just adding more light if I change tents. And I do need a taller one. However, I think I will flower the Durga Mata CBD in there--I have had 3 vegging for some time and none of them have grown over 14" tall. The 5 gal DWC tote is only 8" tall. It seems that the T5 with the 4 red tubes causes less stretch going from veg to flowering.

Never thought I'd pay almost $50 per sq ft to light a space. Taking a short road trip next week...I will probably order when I get back as I do want to be here when they get here.

great info joe 420 camel. ya it looks as though the sun series is a bit too focused and this ties back into the whole is one bigger chip better than a bunch of smaller. it is way more effiecient to have many smaller wattage diodes mainly because bigger diodes cost more and give off more heat. although i think that one day they will make affordable efficient larger diodes 3 watt diodes are all i see myself using for quite some time to come. plants look beauty by the way too!

doh! looking back at your post i got your lights mixed up i thought the first pic was of the hydro grow sol model pictured below not the sunrise. either way its always great to see someone posting great hard data like this thank you sir! also how much did ya pay for your light meter?

$53.00 on amazon
but there are $20 ones out there
:48:

thats not to bad at all, cheers. btw how do you feel about that hydro grow sol light?

Latest posts

Back