Mars II vs. Area 51 LED Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotelCalifornia420

Reaction score
I know several people on this web site have the Mars II LED, and are happy.

I was wondering about Area 51 LEDs. They are much more expensive than the Mars II. But are they of significantly higher quality?

Personally I know no one that owns an area 51 light. I have not heard of them mentioned in the top 20 brands currently. That said Mars Hydro is not mentioned either.

What I know about the Area 51 light is that their top dog makes 155 watts and claims to cover a 3x3 or listed as Ideally a 2x3 area.

That is less than half the wattage of what I use in a testing area to achieve maximum yield equal to HPS at half the wattage.

I'd love to see a grow under them, but one may be hard pressed to find one...

Personally I know no one that owns an area 51 light. I have not heard of them mentioned in the top 20 brands currently. That said Mars Hydro is not mentioned either.

What I know about the Area 51 light is that their top dog makes 155 watts and claims to cover a 3x3 or listed as Ideally a 2x3 area.

That is less than half the wattage of what I use in a testing area to achieve maximum yield equal to HPS at half the wattage.

I'd love to see a grow under them, but one may be hard pressed to find one...

Which manufacturers make the top LED lights these days? I'd like to get a top performer if it's not cost-prohibitive for me.

Are the Chinese brands out performing the made-in-USA brands?

Which manufacturers make the top LED lights these days? I'd like to get a top performer if it's not cost-prohibitive for me.

I just bought a new kind 300 and a illuminater pro 350...pj hates kind lights but they work well foe me

pj hates kind lights but they work well foe me

Show me and the board that quote.

What I have said is they are rebranded garbage, same as Vipar, same as Blackstar, same as Mars-hydro, same as Big dog etc. etc. The difference between the others and Mars is Mars actually sells their lights at a fair price unlike Kind who lies and deceives their customers.

I don't hate them though. I just try and protect the members of this board from over priced junk.

Honestly, to my knowledge no one makes a light in the USA 100%, so if they claim to that should be a red flag.

I need a good point of reference so I have an idea on your budget
?

Buck a watt, 2, 3?

Show me and the board that quote.

What I haveway for wattid is they are rebranded garbage, same as Vipar, same as Blackstar, same as Mars-hydro, same as Big dog etc. etc. The difference between the others and Mars is Mars actually sells their lights at a fair price unlike Kind who lies and deceives their customers.

I don't hate them though. I just try and protect the members of this board from over priced junk.

You never said hate my bad..I bet my kind would blow away a mars light watt...mars you get a 1 year warranty..kind is 3 years...so if u actually added a 300 watt mars for 163.00 on ebay x3 your att 500 bucks ..so thibk what u wan or i can buy my kind rhat has 3 years.warranty...plus mars would not provide proof of using epistar tochips...get it pj

3 years also on Mars Hydro lights. Don't buy off ebay, one year warranty is ebay's policy.

Truth be told, Epistar is kind of yesterdays news and a lot of company's used to swear by them. Not so much right now...

Honestly, to my knowledge no one makes a light in the USA 100%, so if they claim to that should be a red flag.

I need a good point of reference so I have an idea on your budget
?

Buck a watt, 2, 3?

I can probably afford the top quality brands. I've read enough of your posts to know you're quite educated on the LED market, so I'd like to see your "cream of the crop" list, and your "very good" list as well, if you have time.

I think it would be too difficult for me to do DIY. I'd need to buy a complete unit(s).

Thank you sir.

I think, from what I've seen recently.. and PJ would possibly agree.. Spyder 600 / 1200 is a "top" fixture right now, for sure. But that will cost you a pretty penny! Super nice lights though!!

I think, from what I've seen recently.. and PJ would possibly agree.. Spyder 600 / 1200 is a "top" fixture right now, for sure. But that will cost you a pretty penny! Super nice lights though!!

Well, they sure look like nice lights. The 600 would nicely cover my 3.5 x 3.5 grow closet.

I cant wait to buy my spyder 600

Techrons, I hope you get one, then we can compare top dog to bottom dog and see the difference.

I want one badly.. but the price!! I just spent so much on so much, I couldn't afford a free fart right now! :rofl:

What about Growblue LED lights are they the same re badged Junk?
How do I cut out the middleman and buy from the company who makes these lights for these company's to badge with thier name?

HotelCalifornia420, Mars Hydro uses Area 51 spectrum in the flowering version of the Mars 2 lights. That is what I originally wanted to get but had to be custom made, they were on their Chineese holiday and I did not want to wait a month so I went with the standard spectrum ( which is the same as the Advanced Lights spectrum) instead. Glad I did because some growers were getting better results with the standard spectrum and I can also use it for vegging.

What about Growblue LED lights are they the same re badged Junk?
How do I cut out the middleman and buy from the company who makes these lights for these company's to badge with thier name?

Grow blue is same as apollo...advanced diamond eries..advanced led..mars hydro..not junk. ut rebranded..people think rebrand is not bad they will add better drivers..they dont run leds to full capasity like most do.the harder u run the diaod ascto specs from manufature it will burn out early...good lights undwrdrive r. Their lights

Latest posts

Back